Sixt Las Vegas [merged]

Old Jan 14, 2014, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LH, AS, AB
Sixt Las Vegas [merged]

Any experience with this location? I booked a car (PCAR) for a trip I have in a couple months.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage
I travel to Las Vegas frequently, and noticed in December that they were working on the building just across from the car rental center. When I returned my car it was already finished (late December), and the signage was already in place for me to recognize it was Sixt. I've known Sixt for years from Europe, and have rented with them in Florida as well.

I checked the webpage and found they have really nice cars at really ridiculous prices. Since I had to travel again last week, I booked through them.

First off, let me tell you this is not just about the cars anymore. The building they've got is HUGE. Amazing. When you walk in (or get off the Mercedes Benz shuttle they've got... I walked with just my carry on), you get greeted by an ASTONISHING beautiful lady (guys are really nice too), who takes your luggage and offers you a drink. No kidding. You feel you have just walked into an airport VIP Lounge. Nice sofas and everything. And if you remember, check the restrooms... I mean... this is a car rental company... I wasn't expecting this.

I had rented an FCAR for 3 days, and ended up upgrading to a BMW 328i with 2K miles on it for $20/day (they also offered me a V8 Charger RT, 16 miles on it). Ended up paying $197 for a lovely car.

Returning the car was easy; they drove me to the car rental center to take the shuttle in the same car I drove, so no hassle with the bags.

Overall, I had a really nice experience, in a really nice place, with staff that makes their best to try to give you a memorable experience. Again... I wasn't expecting much, and got surprised.

Good luck with yours!
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
Thanks for this - I'm really looking forward to my XTAR rental in April now
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
Keep an eye on final bill, got billed $50 more. Also they never answer their phones, ask you to hold, and then you have to wait like for 20 mins. They dont return calls if you leave a msg nether. Make sure your gas tunk is full.
Eric is a good guy!
Old Jan 30, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Did anyone rent at this location a Mercedes-Benz ML or similar (BMW X6) class recently ? I got a good quote for 3 weeks in September

Ihr Gesamtmietpreis:
Mietdauer: 21 Tage
€ 1.288,57 *

Full insurance included and everything else.

I wonder what the actual cars are in this class at this location and also what type of deposit is being secured for this amount and rent length.

Anyone?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 11:42 am

I rent with them a lot in Miami, and a Mercedes ML is a Mercedes ML. You don't get a "similar". I think all their luxury cars are MB or BMW. The one issue I had with them was being charged for a cut on a tire (had a MB SLK), which I am sure I did not make, but then again... who checks the tires before leaving with the car?
And also make sure you return a full tank of gas, cause it's really expensive if you don't (in Vegas you have a gas station on the car rental itself).
Old Jan 30, 2014, 4:10 pm

I've deft seen Merc GL450s in this class in MIA too.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 5:28 pm

If it truly is the ML, is the regular gasoline ML350 or by any chance they offer the ML350 Bluetech diesel version as well ?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 7:35 pm

Probably no diesel rental passenger cars in any American fleet.

I notice now that no S-class is shown for any date I choose in Las Vegas, not even as "sold out". I wonder if it was a mistake, never received an answer...
Old Jan 30, 2014, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by ww88ww
Probably no diesel rental passenger cars in any American fleet.

I notice now that no S-class is shown for any date I choose in Las Vegas, not even as "sold out". I wonder if it was a mistake, never received an answer...
I'm flying there on Feb 11th and booked again through them. I'll ask and let you know about the S-Class.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:45 am

Looks like the S-class was a mistake - XSAR is now Dodge Charger RT with a price difference to boot.

As I can't get through to them, and neither can Gary, if you remember could you find out what they have XTAR for me please? I prefer the 6er over the E-class, but would like to find out as I currently have a Camaro SS convertible booked with Hertz for similar money and would help my decision on which to cancel.

Cheers!
Old Jan 31, 2014, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LH, AS, AB
I booked a PCAR which is showing a MB CLA. If I get a Chrysler 300 I'd be very unhappy.

Edit: I just checked the website and it's showing Chrysler 300 as the sample. :-( Is there anyway I can try to lock in a CLA or a Challenger. (I know, the Challenger and 300 are similar vehicles, but I've driven the old ones and the 300 was sloppy compared to the Challenger. I hate the way the 300 rides and handles.)
Old Jan 31, 2014, 12:41 pm

Just got a response from their office in Vegas via Facebook.

"We are still waiting for our new models, very soon we will have the Mercedes ML and the Mercedes S-Class.
For this type of cars is the deposit normally beteween $2000 and $4000."
Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:45 pm

Thanks for the update re: S-class.

Deposit looks to be per policy, similar to Europe.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Glad to hear they are adding the S class. Will definitely pick one up next time. They are amazing cars!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.