Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt Las Vegas [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Hey all-

Anyone heard anymore about the ML/S at the Vegas location? Starting to book a week there next month and their site still does not list the S, though it does show the ML as sold out...
Old Feb 14, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by DragonTatoo
I'm flying there on Feb 11th and booked again through them. I'll ask and let you know about the S-Class.
So... I went back. One of the girls remembered me so chit chat was easy. It looks like they are getting a lot of MB in the next few days (ML, SLK and CLA she said). No S class, but they are getting BMW 5 and 7 series. No delivery date on those.

I asked why some cars shows sold out, but she didn't know.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
Sounds like XTAR will more likely be the E350 then
Old Feb 15, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by courtster
Sounds like XTAR will more likely be the E350 then
Could be a 6 series.... What were you expecting? I dont like convertibles.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 1:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
I'm after the 6 series, and have a note on my reservation as such. But if Vegas are bringing in more Mercs it sounds more likely it'll be the E350 esp as that's the category label.

No matter, whatever I get will be a whole lot of fun down the I-15 to LA and back!
Old May 4, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Sixt Las Vegas

They have one S class now (S550) running in the same class as the BMW 5 Series (which they do not have - yet), XCAR. But beware, it is the old 2013 model. Hertz has the new ones in LAS.
Old May 19, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
They are offering rates as low as $7 / day these next few days. I'm curious what the upgrade from a Economy will be for Diamond
Old Jun 15, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Sixt Las Vegas

The cars and physical location are awesome, but there are some major service issues still at LAS. Both of my rentals involved 1 hour plus waits to pick up the vehicle amongst other issues which have been related to Sixt Twitter CS team. I have another rental coming up at LAS shortly and hope for a better experience.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott LT Plat Elite, Hertz PC, Safeway Card
Thumbs down

Just back from Vegas where I made the mistake of renting from Sixt.

Booked LCAR (BMW 3 Series/similar). Arrived at 1205 to rental car terminal...called for pickup, and was taken to their office across the street.

Given a Mercedes C250 with 3100 miles...very clean. Unfortunately, 2 blocks from the rental station, Check Engine Light came on, and car ran terrible. Back to the station, where the guy could not believe it.

What happens next is something I wouldn't even expect from Thrifty or Fox or a bargain chain.

The rental agent then proceeds to offer me a Dodge...without adjusting my rate for the downgrade. I then said I just wanted what I booked. After digging around his key drawer, he said I could have a BMW if I was willing to wait 15 minutes for them to clean it. I said sure. 30 minutes later, the shuttle bus driver pulls up in a BMW and the agent gives me a new contract, and tells me the vehicle has very little damage noted, but I should check anyway.

Good thing I checked....not one straight panel on the vehicle...the roof was even missing paint on one part. One of the wheels was gouged, the bottom of the rear door looked like it was attacked by a chain saw, and so on. I went to get the guy and took a further 25 minutes for him to notate all of the damage to the vehicle. Even worse? The car had a stale cigarette smell, dog hair all over the interior, and receipts from previous renters strewn about the backseat and door pockets. The exterior and windows were filthy...obviously, the vehicle wasn't cleaned. He stated there was nothing else to put me into unless I wanted the Dodge...and I wasn't going to take a downgrade without my rate being adjusted. On our way we went, and on Las Vegas Blvd, discovered that there was a nasty vibration from the back (imagine that, with the gouged wheel).

In the morning, we tried calling the local office to get the car switched out. Their local number rang through to reservations and after 4 attempted transfers back to the office, we gave up, and cancelled any plans needing a car until the airport return Sunday. Upon dropping the car off, I spoke with the manager on duty who even noted that she was sorry and this was the SECOND time she had complaints about this particular car and its maladies. That's just inexcusable.

After overwhelmingly great experiences every other time I've rented from Sixt in the last 5 years...this was the biggest miss I've ever experienced with a car rental agency by far, and I would recommend walking to your Las Vegas area destination before renting from this wreck of an operation.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 5:28 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi Mrp Alert,

I am sorry to hear that your recent experiences at our Las Vegas location have not been positive ones.

If there is anything that we can do to help, please feel free to send me a private message with the details.

Best regards,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
The cars and physical location are awesome, but there are some major service issues still at LAS. Both of my rentals involved 1 hour plus waits to pick up the vehicle amongst other issues which have been related to Sixt Twitter CS team. I have another rental coming up at LAS shortly and hope for a better experience.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 5:35 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi TrentEMN,

I am sorry to hear of the issues with the vehicles on your recent rental.

Please could you send me a private message with your resevation details and I will be happy to look into this for you.

In the meatime, if you require anything further, please feel free to contact me directly.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by TrentEMN
Just back from Vegas where I made the mistake of renting from Sixt.

Booked LCAR (BMW 3 Series/similar). Arrived at 1205 to rental car terminal...called for pickup, and was taken to their office across the street.

Given a Mercedes C250 with 3100 miles...very clean. Unfortunately, 2 blocks from the rental station, Check Engine Light came on, and car ran terrible. Back to the station, where the guy could not believe it.

What happens next is something I wouldn't even expect from Thrifty or Fox or a bargain chain.

The rental agent then proceeds to offer me a Dodge...without adjusting my rate for the downgrade. I then said I just wanted what I booked. After digging around his key drawer, he said I could have a BMW if I was willing to wait 15 minutes for them to clean it. I said sure. 30 minutes later, the shuttle bus driver pulls up in a BMW and the agent gives me a new contract, and tells me the vehicle has very little damage noted, but I should check anyway.

Good thing I checked....not one straight panel on the vehicle...the roof was even missing paint on one part. One of the wheels was gouged, the bottom of the rear door looked like it was attacked by a chain saw, and so on. I went to get the guy and took a further 25 minutes for him to notate all of the damage to the vehicle. Even worse? The car had a stale cigarette smell, dog hair all over the interior, and receipts from previous renters strewn about the backseat and door pockets. The exterior and windows were filthy...obviously, the vehicle wasn't cleaned. He stated there was nothing else to put me into unless I wanted the Dodge...and I wasn't going to take a downgrade without my rate being adjusted. On our way we went, and on Las Vegas Blvd, discovered that there was a nasty vibration from the back (imagine that, with the gouged wheel).

In the morning, we tried calling the local office to get the car switched out. Their local number rang through to reservations and after 4 attempted transfers back to the office, we gave up, and cancelled any plans needing a car until the airport return Sunday. Upon dropping the car off, I spoke with the manager on duty who even noted that she was sorry and this was the SECOND time she had complaints about this particular car and its maladies. That's just inexcusable.

After overwhelmingly great experiences every other time I've rented from Sixt in the last 5 years...this was the biggest miss I've ever experienced with a car rental agency by far, and I would recommend walking to your Las Vegas area destination before renting from this wreck of an operation.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:43 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Flying into Vegas for two days this Saturday morning, I have a reservation with National (Executive Selection) for $75 total or I can reserve a PCAR from Sixt as a Platinum for $81 total ... and should reasonably expect to at least get a 3-series/C-Class (right?) ... should I bet on the come?

Update - Well, the price of National has come down to $58 total and Sixt has gone up, so I'm going with the convenience of National and the ability to choose my car from the Executive Selection rather than the chance I would have gotten something nicer to much nicer from Sixt for the higher price, plus the less convenient location of Sixt (I know it's not that inconvenient, but clearly it is less convenient).

Last edited by Beckles; Jul 11, 2014 at 9:18 am
Old Sep 7, 2014, 4:40 pm

Sixt Las Vegas

As of now, I have been waiting an hour for my pickup. The gentleman next to me waited 90+ minutes. Sadly, this is not the first time that this has happened to me at this location.

I have already messaged @SixtCustomerServices with my experience.

Edit - At checkout, I asked about an upgrade to Volvo parked in front as I'm a Diamond member. I was told by the sup on duty that they keys were missing. Another client was told it was out of service due to mechanical issues. At 1:00 of wait, a different client drove off in that Volvo.

At 1:20 of wait, I was offered an upgrade to a Volvo and told that they would put a rush on it. It has now been 1:40 since I arrived and 1:30 since my rental agreement was printed. I was just advised that they need to gas up the car and then it will be ready.

Edit- I just received the keys after waiting 1:53 which is a new record for me anywhere even renting from discount rental companies like Fox, EZ, and Payless.

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Sep 7, 2014 at 5:37 pm
Old Sep 8, 2014, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LH, AS, AB
Pickup/drop off wait takes too long.

I was there 8/19 late morning, and I was checked out of my car around 11 AM. I proceeded to wait for the shuttle.

30 minutes later I just said screw it and walked across the street. That's where I saw the shuttle just sitting there.

I'm probably going to continue to rent from Sixt (it's my rental car company in Europe), but in Vegas I'm not waiting for the shuttle. I think it's a waste of time.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
As of now, I have been waiting an hour for my pickup. The gentleman next to me waited 90+ minutes. Sadly, this is not the first time that this has happened to me at this location.
Originally Posted by WaxComb
Pickup/drop off wait takes too long.

I was there 8/19 late morning, and I was checked out of my car around 11 AM. I proceeded to wait for the shuttle.

30 minutes later I just said screw it and walked across the street. That's where I saw the shuttle just sitting there.
I will be renting a car in LAS on Christmas Day. Question: What does walking "across the street" involve?

If it is like walking across the Strip, that is out of the question (I will be pushing a cart with two large suitcases on it) but if it is closer to walking across a small street (like 28th St in Manhattan) it doesn't seem to be much of a problem at all and I wouldn't bother waiting for a shuttle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.