Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

SIXT car rental at Orlando MCO [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT car rental at Orlando MCO [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:16 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Regarding the high deposit hold for Premium and Luxury cars, if you are Sixt Platinum (there are several ways to gain this status), agents have the ability to waive the excess amount and just hold the normal of 2-3 times the rental amount.

I currently have a Mercedes C-Class out through the Atlanta Midtown Location (complimentary upgrade from ICAR reservation ^) and the agent specifically stated she would only authorize $250 (minimum for Georgia regardless of rate) instead of the usual $800+ for Premium Cars since I am Sixt Platinum.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:35 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Sixt at MCO

The only held $180 for an X3 when I was at TPA last week.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:30 pm

My experience returning a car (that I picked up at MIA) at the MCO Sixt was quick and painless, I wasn't there for more than 3 minutes before I was heading for the airport on the shuttle.

The only issue I had was that I had dropped off my family at the airport and gone to return the car and suddenly lost the navigation signal. I ended up going the wrong way and as I was turning around, navigation came back and from there I had no problem. Bit of a gut squeezer at 6am with empty roads and a flight to catch.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:37 pm

They only held 200 dollar for a Ford Explorer
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat; Starwood Gold
MCO - Full Size SUV Questions

Hello all,

I have called a couple of different numbers at Sixt and received a little bit of conflicting advice so I am wondering if anyone here has experience with my questions. To skip to the actual questions, just go to the numbered bullets at the bottom. The middle part of my post is just background.

I am renting a full-size SUV from MCO, returning to For Lauderdale (Port Everglades). We embark on a long cruise there, and therefore we (5 adults) are going to have a lot of luggage. I want as much cargo space as possible for this.

I called the Orlando office to ask if their Tahoes (which are listed along with Sequoia for Full-Size SUV) are model year 2015, as those have flat-folding 3rd rows. The lady on the phone (very nice, BTW) said I could try to request a Suburban when I checked in for my rental for the same price. This was the first I'd heard that Sixt had Suburbans at MCO. Obviously this would be ideal, with the larger luggage area. She wasn't able to confirm the model year.

I called today the corporate number to reconfirm, and was told that most likely the Orlando location will have switched brands to Toyota Sequoias by then, and no Suburbans OR Tahoes would be available. They transferred me again to Orlando to verify. Orlando again said that I could request a Suburban if available and had nothing to say about any switch over to Toyotas.. So I'm not sure who is more correct.

While I want to rent from Sixt because they seem to have the best prices and, to be honest, I am growing a little tired of the "big" rental companies and would love to try Sixt, at this point I may just switch the reservation and pay more to be guaranteed a Suburban from another company.

To recap my questions (sorry, I rambled a bit):

1) Are Sixt's Tahoes/Suburbans model year 2015?

2) Do Sixt's Tahoes/Suburbans have a bench middle row, or bucket seats? They are listed at "7 passenger" which would indicate bucket middle seats, but the lady on the phone in Orlando said all 5 of us would fit in the first two rows, indicating a bench middle row.

3) If anyone has rented from MCO, were you able to get a Suburban instead of a Tahoe?

4) Does anyone have any information on a fleetwide switch to Sequoias for the Full-Size SUV category?

Thanks for all/any help.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 4:43 pm

Sixt -Orlando Lies....and Overcharges [admin error]

Rented a car at Sixt this past week - They gave me a car with 1/4 a tank of gas - Luckily I noticed and they adjusted my rental to show 1/4 tank - When I returned the car with 3/4 a tank of gas I told them I had received it with 1/4 and they confirmed, said everything was all set - they did not give me a receipt for the return, said it would be emailed - I received the email and they charged me $50 for a full tank of gas - I've never had issues like this at National or Hertz.. Disputing it with Sixt now before making a dispute with AMEX - Be careful with Sixt - Just avoid them
Old Aug 24, 2015, 6:20 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi.

If you would llike to private message me your Sixt reservation details I'll be more than happy to check this over for you.

Best Regards

Pete - Customer Services Team

Originally Posted by jeremybe
Rented a car at Sixt this past week - They gave me a car with 1/4 a tank of gas - Luckily I noticed and they adjusted my rental to show 1/4 tank - When I returned the car with 3/4 a tank of gas I told them I had received it with 1/4 and they confirmed, said everything was all set - they did not give me a receipt for the return, said it would be emailed - I received the email and they charged me $50 for a full tank of gas - I've never had issues like this at National or Hertz.. Disputing it with Sixt now before making a dispute with AMEX - Be careful with Sixt - Just avoid them
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:01 am

I always take a pic of the gas level before I leave rental site.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Struggling to understand who lied to you? Just sounds like an admin error.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:11 pm

Thank you for your help Pete - I've messaged you the details - Hopefully this was just a simple mistake and will be corrected by Sixt

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi.

If you would llike to private message me your Sixt reservation details I'll be more than happy to check this over for you.

Best Regards

Pete - Customer Services Team
Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL GM
I just had this happen to me with Hertz. 2/2 on bad experiences. Looking forward to my Sixt rentals.

Originally Posted by carnivaltime
I always take a pic of the gas level before I leave rental site.
That's a good idea, and keep your fill-up receipt.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:05 am

I want to commend SIXT and their customer support - After reviewing my receipts and my return, they refunded the fuel fee - This appears to have been an administrative mistake - I would now use Sixt with no hesitation at all.

Also - I would like to call out their Van driver who went out of his way to tell us where not to refuel our car (There are 2 gas stations right next to Sixt - close to Disney that charge over $5.00 a gallon)

Jeremy
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
I want to commend SIXT and their customer support - After reviewing my receipts and my return, they refunded the fuel fee - This appears to have been an administrative mistake - I would now use Sixt with no hesitation at all.

Also - I would like to call out their Van driver who went out of his way to tell us where not to refuel our car (There are 2 gas stations right next to Sixt - close to Disney that charge over $5.00 a gallon)

Jeremy
Maybe you might like to change the title of your thread from"....lies.." to "made an administrative mistake".
Old Aug 29, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC

Jeremy
Hardly close to Disney (about 20 miles away). They are closest stations to the airport, hence their price. There is a WaWa at the next stoplight with cheap prices. If people don't check the price before they pump, they have a problem. Just about every one now has a GPS/Map program that will show the next closest stations.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 5:35 am

Picked-up 26-Sept with PCAR reserved. Shuttle came around quickly despite the early AM welcome text from Sixt listing wrong bus stop (If you are in A, it is A11-A13 only)

Friendly agent who was not pushy on insurance, called the detailers to request a PCAR and within 8 minutes, they came around in a 2015 BMW 228.

I guess they buy them used as she told me I was first person to ever rent it from Sixt. Despite that, 25K on the odometer and lotsa body issues on the car.

But still quite happy, it is an awesome car to drive and quite sharp looking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.