Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

SIXT car rental at Orlando MCO [merged]

SIXT car rental at Orlando MCO [merged]

Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, USDM Gold, National Exec Elite, IHG Dumped-now Kettle, SPG Platinum
I'm a national executive elite and I would love to rent from Sixt because you have a nice selection of higher end cars in your US location.... but no way with that deposit policy.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:47 pm

Not sure what the big deal is with the deposit for American Express card holders. I'm assuming they just place the hold on your AMEX but don't most pay their card off monthly?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 1:42 pm

The amount is only blocked, Nothing Else. So basically you do Not Even See it.

To bei honest, I do Not Unterstand the Problem here, are you Realy getting 60-80.000Dollar Cars at the Other Big 3 with only blocking the rental Price?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:36 pm

Jason - American Express issues charge cards and credit cards. The charge cards are to be paid off monthly. The Amex credit cards work just like a Visa or MasterCard, you are charged interest for any unpaid balance. A hold or block would not incur any interest charges. If a deposit is charged to your Amex credit card account, and you carry a balance, you would incur interest charges on the deposit.

Sixtisbest - Correct, with the major US car rental agencies, you are renting a high dollar vehicle WITHOUT a substantial deposit or hold. BTW the car rental companies generally only have leaseholds on their vehicles. They don't "own" the cars.

I don't mind a hold on my account, and I will specifically ask that NO deposit is charged to my Amex credit card. I frequently carry a balance.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 1:24 pm

During my Sixt rental at the Orlando, Florida location I had a prepaid Mercedes rental. There was a $250 hold on my Amex credit card, but NO deposit was charged at any time. It was nice to see that Sixt is operating like the US based companies.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 5:52 pm

December 2013 Sixt Orlando rental

I just wanted to detail my experience with the Sixt location in Orlando, Florida. I made a prepaid one way reservation several months in advance for a luxury class vehicle (guaranteed to be a Mercedes-Benz E class). I'm familiar with this car due to rentals with Hertz at MCO.

The rate was very good, $69 per day with unlimited mileage. They save themselves money by not being located on airport property, however I still paid a 9% concession recoupment fee. That brings the actual rate to $75.21 per day, still a good value. Pickup was at the offsite MCO location, and drop off in Kissimmee, at the Ramada Plaza Hotel located on Irlo Bronson Highway.

I did not have to wait long for the shuttle, and the ride was quick. The shuttle itself was clean and fairly new. At the offsite counter the agent was quick to gather my paperwork, and did not try to sell any add ons. The car took several minutes to arrive, maybe ten or so. There was a huge number of cars in the lot.

The car was an unflattering nonmetallic white, and not the current model. It was a 2013, while the 2014 models had been out for over five months. Mileage was not too bad at 14K. There were MANY scuffs throughout the interior which made it seem that it was not properly detailed between hires. Two big negatives were that there was no moonroof, and VINYL seats! I felt like I was driving a taxi in Amsterdam, not a luxury vehicle.

Return in Kissimmee was very easy, although surprisingly they do not have a shuttle to Disney World. No problem, I had time, and was able to use the Lynx public bus system to return to Disney's Yacht Club resort.

I received good value for money, but I think next time I will pay Hertz's higher price for a better car with added convenience.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:46 pm

Are you sure it didn't have a moonroof, maybe the sliding screen was closed? E-class without roof isn't offered on the US market.

I've rented a few Sixt E-class in FL, all have been basic cars with the no-charge sport appearance package and P1 (which gives nav, etc) and once I saw one with the spoiler option. I'd wager you'll never find leather on a US market rental E - it's an option not usually found even on privately owned cars.

I am a neat freak, so I give my cars a 5 minute interior detail when I rent - the latest Sixt E I rented was a little grimy inside too (and it was also white, maybe you had my old car!) , but I am not sure if a more normal person would have cared

Originally Posted by MAYNARDS99
I just wanted to detail my experience with the Sixt location in Orlando, Florida. I made a prepaid one way reservation several months in advance for a luxury class vehicle (guaranteed to be a Mercedes-Benz E class). I'm familiar with this car due to rentals with Hertz at MCO.

The rate was very good, $69 per day with unlimited mileage. They save themselves money by not being located on airport property, however I still paid a 9% concession recoupment fee. That brings the actual rate to $75.21 per day, still a good value. Pickup was at the offsite MCO location, and drop off in Kissimmee, at the Ramada Plaza Hotel located on Irlo Bronson Highway.

I did not have to wait long for the shuttle, and the ride was quick. The shuttle itself was clean and fairly new. At the offsite counter the agent was quick to gather my paperwork, and did not try to sell any add ons. The car took several minutes to arrive, maybe ten or so. There was a huge number of cars in the lot.

The car was an unflattering nonmetallic white, and not the current model. It was a 2013, while the 2014 models had been out for over five months. Mileage was not too bad at 14K. There were MANY scuffs throughout the interior which made it seem that it was not properly detailed between hires. Two big negatives were that there was no moonroof, and VINYL seats! I felt like I was driving a taxi in Amsterdam, not a luxury vehicle.

Return in Kissimmee was very easy, although surprisingly they do not have a shuttle to Disney World. No problem, I had time, and was able to use the Lynx public bus system to return to Disney's Yacht Club resort.

I received good value for money, but I think next time I will pay Hertz's higher price for a better car with added convenience.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 3:21 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I'm not sure Mercedes would call it vinyl, but here in the US I believe both Mercedes and BMW fit many of their cars with a leather-like material as standard for seats with leather being an upgrade.

I'll be renting from Sixt for the first time in Orlando in a couple of weeks, I had them 'match' my Delta Platinum status to Sixt Platinum status, which supposedly provides a two car-class upgrade. I have a PCAR (Premium, Volvo S60 or similar) reserved, so should I get upgraded PCAR -> LCAR -> XCAR then, to an E-Class or similar, is that correct? I haven't seen any limits on upgrades like the US agencies typically have in terms of car classes.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:37 pm

MB-Tex, as it is called, is a very good leather imitation, and it wears well - you can find 40 year old MBs that have finally worn out with Tex interiors that look fine. I'd take it over some of the cheap leather in lower line cars that tends to crease and crack in not much time. But to someone who knows the feel and smell of a quality leather, Tex won't fool them.

You are right on the upgrade, if it happens, PCAR to XCAR should net an E-class. If they have one. When I reserved XCAR at MCO a few months ago, they had none on the lot, and tried to convince me that a C-class (LCAR) was equivalent (downgrade with no difference). I didn't accept this, and was able to get an X5 - but I traded a couple days later when I drove by and noticed an E on the lot. I've rented there a couple times, I think I just caught them in a supply gap, staff there are pleasant, efficient shuttles too.

Originally Posted by Beckles
so should I get upgraded PCAR -> LCAR -> XCAR then, to an E-Class or similar, is that correct? I haven't seen any limits on upgrades like the US agencies typically have in terms of car classes.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
I rented at ATL yesterday, BMW, required a $2,000 deposit on my card
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:46 pm

Sixt at MCO

I have not seen many posts regarding Sixt at Orlando Airport (MCO) recently.
I am heading there for 9 days end of June through beginning of July and have never used Sixt. I was looking into them and their fleet, but am now somewhat hesitant, as A)they are offsite, and the older posts indicate that it takes forever to get there, in waiting for the shuttle and then waiting in line, and B)their prices do not seem to fluctuate too much. I currently have a rez with EZ Rental for a luxury at $410 total, and of course, am still looking for a good valued Premium or Luxury from any/all locations.
I don't mind paying for good service and quality, and am not too worried about Sixt's 'hold' process on your credit card, but need to see if anyone has experienced it with Sixt at MCO.
Thanks all!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
I have rented there twice, the first time a month or so after they opened, the other time was last month. Yes, they are off site, but if the timing is right it is not that bad. I will say that from the first time I rented to the last, they have upgraded the size of their shuttle, to one of the NIssan NVs and they now hold about ten people. That is usually ok, except my last trip, there was a group of about 15 from Europe and they took up the whole van. I got on because I was by myself and could fit in the passenger seat.

Their cars appear nicer and better equipped than other "off-site" companies. In Dec, I opted for E-Z instead of SIXT and regret doing it. I believe, it was the only mid-size rental I have ever had with manual windows!! Last month, at SIXt, I had one of the Scar class reserved at $13/day. I upgraded to an E-Class convertible for $20/day!! I am not sure what EZ uses for a luxury, but at SIXt you WILL have a BMW or Mercedes. If the price is anything close, I would take SIXt in a heartbeat.

The line at the station was not that bad. I had to wait, because I was by myself and had to wait for my luggage, while the group "leaders" of the other 10 on the bus had family members retrieve the luggage, while they took the first spot in-line. There were 3 lines open for check-in. I only have Android, but they have an I-phone app that you can use to check-in and then you would not have to wait in line.

The hold was, I believe, $1K or $2K, don't remember, it was higher because I had an E-class. They released it as soon as I turned in the car. I would also recommend not arriving at the same time as the flights from Europe do. It appears that since they are a German company, a lot of Europeans use them. They also don't pressure you into LDW, etc. EZ was BAD for that!!

I am renting from SIXt again at MCO in April, so I am happy with them. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Sixt at MCO

I can tell you the iPhone app for choosing vehicle doesn't work at TPA or HAM. I'll be surprise if it worked in MCO.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:35 pm

it works in any station.

what makes you think it doesn't?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by sjazz23
I have not seen many posts regarding Sixt at Orlando Airport (MCO) recently.
I am heading there for 9 days end of June through beginning of July and have never used Sixt. I was looking into them and their fleet, but am now somewhat hesitant, as A)they are offsite, and the older posts indicate that it takes forever to get there, in waiting for the shuttle and then waiting in line, and B)their prices do not seem to fluctuate too much. I currently have a rez with EZ Rental for a luxury at $410 total, and of course, am still looking for a good valued Premium or Luxury from any/all locations.
I don't mind paying for good service and quality, and am not too worried about Sixt's 'hold' process on your credit card, but need to see if anyone has experienced it with Sixt at MCO.
Thanks all!
A, It is not true. The wait time is pretty short. Usually you have to wait for other pax more then for the shuttle itself.

B, While their prices might seem pretty good they place a very high amount of hold on your CC. Usually 2000 USD for a C-class.

I would pick Avis or other big US chains. They do not place any hold on your card or if they do the amount is max 200 USD. Also their car seems to be cleaner then Sixt's at MCO. Also with Avis you can get pretty good offers if you are a not a US resident.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.