Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

SIXT car rental at Orlando MCO [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT car rental at Orlando MCO [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2012, 1:03 pm

I just had a rental here this past week. The staff is very pleasant and I received a really nice car - MB C series. I don't ever remember seeing so many Mercedes at any rental station, not even in Germany.

However, just a heads up: you will need extra patience and to build in extra time when picking up your car AND, especially when returning, if you have to use their shuttle to and from the airport.

We arrived at the airport about 11:30 P.M. on a Friday night and had to wait about 20 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up ( their website says they are only 5 minutes from the airport.). When we got to the lot, there were 6 renters ahead of us and it took almost an hour before we got to one of the two agents.

Upon returning the car on Christmas day (3:30 PM), the check in went quickly, however, the wait for the shuttle was very long. It took about 45 minutes from check in until we arrived at the airport. Fortunately, we had allowed sufficient time, but two other parties were really cutting it close for their flights.

I'd rent again from Sixt MCO, but I will make sure that I give myself an extra 45-60 minutes on returning the car.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 3:56 am

Deposit orlando international?

Hi i am thinking of renting a Ford Explorer in Orlando for two weeks but read this.

"Generally
A deposit of up to three times the hire price is charged to the chosen means of payment as a security.
The deposit for high-value vehicles may differ. The exact deposit is determined on collection since the amount is dependent on the vehicle."

So if the rent fee is 720$ it gonna be three times that on the deposit? 2160$??
Old Jul 2, 2013, 9:35 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Hi Gurra101, You are right in what you have written. The exact amount is not known until you arrive at the branch. It is dependent on the vehicle group, age of driver and other similar factors. I hope this helps, Matt
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:48 am

Full Size SUV - MCO Sixt

I have got a full size SUV booked for two weeks with sixt at MCO. It gives you the possibles but does anyone know what type of vehicle this is likely to be.

Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:51 am

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by gwalker2272
I have got a full size SUV booked for two weeks with sixt at MCO. It gives you the possibles but does anyone know what type of vehicle this is likely to be.

Thanks
Highest Chance will probably be a BMW X5 or a Mercedes ML.
Enjoy!
Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Gurra101
Hi i am thinking of renting a Ford Explorer in Orlando for two weeks but read this.

"Generally
A deposit of up to three times the hire price is charged to the chosen means of payment as a security.
The deposit for high-value vehicles may differ. The exact deposit is determined on collection since the amount is dependent on the vehicle."

My advice is. When you are in the US, use a US company
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Gurra101

"Generally

We were worried about this too. We were renting an expensive car and asked numerous times and were told they couldn't tell us until we got there. Turns out it was 300$.

I would however avoid sixt in the US. It's nowhere near as good as in Europe. We rented two cars from them in May. A standard SUV and a 7 Seat SUV. It took an hour to get from the airport to the station and a further 2 hours to collect the car. We were given a 2013 Ford Explorer which was very good as the standard SUV but a Chevy Tahoe as the 7 seat which was very old, smelly and extremely dirty. Not what you would expect from sixt.

They let us change it the next day when they got another car in. It was a Nissan Armada, A nice car, much bigger than the Tahoe but it was a 2011 and had no coolant in it an quite a few miles.

The return and trip back to the airport was quick.

All in all not a very good experience. Don;t believe the reviews of "seas of cars" that you read online because when we got there the lot was almost empty. Just a camaro, a couple of Toyotas and the stuff we were given.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 10:39 pm

Deposit question?

I'm nervous about this "deposit" myself. I have a prepaid XCAR luxury rental at MCO, Mercedes E class.

I do not want my credit card tied up for $4,000! I use the American Express rental car insurance, which is PRIMARY. Therefore no need for a deposit...

"The lessor is entitled to require the provision of greater security of up to EUR 4,000 for vehicles in the executive or luxury category." From the Sixt.com website.

"Instead of debiting the Customer’s credit card, the lessor can, by making a so-called merchant request in its favour, have a sum in the amount of the deposit frozen under the credit facility granted to the Customer by his credit card institution for his credit card." So, I just request this at the counter?
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:02 am

whats the difference?

they still get 4000 from your credit card

btw, i think it will be 2000, but anyway.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by MAYNARDS99
I'm nervous about this "deposit" myself. I have a prepaid XCAR luxury rental at MCO, Mercedes E class.

I do not want my credit card tied up for $4,000! I use the American Express rental car insurance, which is PRIMARY. Therefore no need for a deposit...

"The lessor is entitled to require the provision of greater security of up to EUR 4,000 for vehicles in the executive or luxury category." From the Sixt.com website.

"Instead of debiting the Customer’s credit card, the lessor can, by making a so-called merchant request in its favour, have a sum in the amount of the deposit frozen under the credit facility granted to the Customer by his credit card institution for his credit card." So, I just request this at the counter?
They gona put a $4,000 hold on your car. When you rent an expensive car they gona put a hold no matter what. I rented a C-Class from them once, cause they had a real good deal, but the the hold of 2000 USD was not that great afterall.

i just use Avis nowadays, they max put a 200 USD hold on your card, well actually they (Avis) have never put any hold on my card. They just "ping" it every week with one or two dollars to see that the card works.

Also Avis' cars seem to be cleaner and they are not that anal when you drop off the car.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 11:36 am

Next week I will be arriving at orlando and i have a reservation for a BMWX5 , so, any idea how much will they block in my credit card?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:17 am

probably 2000
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:07 pm

Thankx sixtisbest
Old Sep 15, 2013, 4:39 pm

I just had an XCAR rental in Orlando, and had an X5 for the first few days as they had nothing in the class I reserved (I happened to be in the area a few days later and noticed an E-class, which they gave me without hassle). The deposit was $1900.

The 6cyl X5 is a comfortable car, but thirsty.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by MatthewHorsfield
Hi Gurra101, You are right in what you have written. The exact amount is not known until you arrive at the branch. It is dependent on the vehicle group, age of driver and other similar factors. I hope this helps, Matt

Matthew it is great that you monitor the forums to help answer questions.

I am a FL based renter who rents high end (E Class) etc cars on an almost weekly basis sometimes at locations that are serves by Sixt.

Your companies rates are great however I will never rent with Sixt and its because of the silly deposit policy. The big 3 (Hertz, Avis Group, National Group) do not require ANY additional deposit besides the rental fee.

There are also many other frequent renters who will not rent with Sixt because of this policy.

Please pass this on to the decision makers at Sixt, they are missing out on lots of revenue from good renters because of this policy.

Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.