Search

Free parking at Sixt offices?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2011, 5:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Free parking at Sixt offices?

I don't know if this is a one-time arrangement or if it is standard when asked for, but I thought you might be interested in this experience:

In December, I will have a four night stay at a Hilton in Germany, which charges 22 Euros per night for parking. Because of that price, I had decided to rent from the Sixt Office at the hotel for one day only.

Then I noticed that the hotel has a special "Christmas Mart Package" which includes free parking. I wrote, explained the situation, and asked if the free parking is available for all stays or only for that one package.

The hotel wrote back saying that it was for that one package only but had discussed my situation with the Sixt Office in the hotel and they agreed to give me free parking if I take a four day rental.

As it turned out, I am not picking up the car from the Sixt Office at the hotel but rather upon arrival at the airport -- but it made no difference. My free parking at the hotel is still being given to me. (In fact, as I am landing at 6:30 pm, and the hotel's Sixt Office closes at 6 pm, a note has been made on my reservation that a parking pass will be waiting for me at the hotel's front desk.)

Again, I don't know if this is standard practice or not, but it is certainly worth looking into if you are staying very close to a Sixt Office. It could wind up saving you a lot of money (and Sixt could benefit from the additional business such a practice would bring it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.