Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Anyone used SIXT car rental at MIA? [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone used SIXT car rental at MIA? [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Arrived late Monday night. I'm Sixt Plaitnum, had booked IFAR. Was offered a Toyota RAV4 or Ford Escape. I asked for upgrade due to status and was told they had nothing available. I'd also contacted sixt customer service by PM prior to rental to ensure a German car was requested.
Agent said they knew nothing about this as they can only upgrade if a car was available.
It was late and I was tired so didn't push any further but not impressed with this location.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by speedbird85
Arrived late Monday night. I'm Sixt Plaitnum, had booked IFAR. Was offered a Toyota RAV4 or Ford Escape. I asked for upgrade due to status and was told they had nothing available. I'd also contacted sixt customer service by PM prior to rental to ensure a German car was requested.
Agent said they knew nothing about this as they can only upgrade if a car was available.
It was late and I was tired so didn't push any further but not impressed with this location.
A German IFAR would be a Tiguan (and is that what you really want)?

And agent is correct, upgrade is based on availability (at time of pickup).
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
A German IFAR would be a Tiguan (and is that what you really want)?

And agent is correct, upgrade is based on availability (at time of pickup).
I'm well aware that upgrade is based on availability. I checked the app whilst I was in the lot for the same time and drop off dates and the next 2 classes up were available. My own fault for not going back to challenge it but it was 1am.
Yes I prefer German cars, although the RAV4 was fine to drive.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by speedbird85
I'm well aware that upgrade is based on availability. I checked the app whilst I was in the lot for the same time and drop off dates and the next 2 classes up were available. My own fault for not going back to challenge it but it was 1am.
Yes I prefer German cars, although the RAV4 was fine to drive.
Did you check the app or did you check the lot?

The app will show classes bookable which are not in the lot in the airport garage. I notice the same not just at this location but also in German locations as well.

An IFAR should get you into a SFAR and maybe even FFAR or LFAR.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 8:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Rented from MIA in mid August. Long line in level 4, didn't want to go down to level 3 and rent there, expecting to get a better car at the main office. Especially since I had kids and luggage. A girl was walking the line and handing out waters. I politely highlighted the fact that I had status, and she asked me to stay in line, no mention of the possibility to go down at all.

Anyway, the agents were busy trying to upsell every customer, so it took quite some time. Once it was my turn I clearly mentioned that I didn't want any extras, had a sunpass already and the agent didn't try to sell anything either. Upgrades were available, but at a charge (30$/day for a BMW 3series). So I got what I paid for. She did try to get a car that had a lower mileage, but those were 'reserved for another customer' and she couldn't access it. I really wonder who those 'another customer' people are that mysteriously happen to reserve things at the US Sixt stations
Old Sep 20, 2016, 4:16 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi Oliver,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn't a positive one. Could you please send me a private message with your reservation number and email address and ill get someone to take a look and get back to you.

Kind regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Rented from MIA in mid August. Long line in level 4, didn't want to go down to level 3 and rent there, expecting to get a better car at the main office. Especially since I had kids and luggage. A girl was walking the line and handing out waters. I politely highlighted the fact that I had status, and she asked me to stay in line, no mention of the possibility to go down at all.

Anyway, the agents were busy trying to upsell every customer, so it took quite some time. Once it was my turn I clearly mentioned that I didn't want any extras, had a sunpass already and the agent didn't try to sell anything either. Upgrades were available, but at a charge (30$/day for a BMW 3series). So I got what I paid for. She did try to get a car that had a lower mileage, but those were 'reserved for another customer' and she couldn't access it. I really wonder who those 'another customer' people are that mysteriously happen to reserve things at the US Sixt stations
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: National EA
Hey all,

I know this isn't entirely the correct thread for this question, but I will be soon be traveling to FLL and was wondering if anyone has recently been to the Sixt location there and could inform me of what kind of cars they had for those who reserved a Luxury? Anything would be appreciated. Thank you!!
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Upgrades were available, but at a charge (30$/day for a BMW 3series). So I got what I paid for. She did try to get a car that had a lower mileage, but those were 'reserved for another customer' and she couldn't access it. I really wonder who those 'another customer' people are that mysteriously happen to reserve things at the US Sixt stations
I also wonder who those "oh so special customers" are as I heard similar stories in PHX and LAS after I had walked the lot. Even being a Sixt Diamond, it means absolutely "diddly squat" (aka "nothing") to them unless they can upsell the crap out of you in which case things start to "magically" happen and fall into place.

No express lines and very slow moving queues often paired with oddish off airport / off car rental terminal locations that require long, cumbersome transfers (except places like PHX where they are with all other car rental firms) make this a very poor choice and I'm a Sixt fan outside of the US (well mostly in Europe).

They really need to get their act together, better train staff on customer recognition and proper procedures and reign in that pressure up-selling / cross-selling crap that slows everything down. Yes, the cars on offer at the mid to higher end are superior to other rental firms in the States, but that only goes so far.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Wow. So my first Sixt Platinum rental and I'm impressed.

The good:
1- Upgraded from C-Car (Prius) to Audi A3 without asking as a Platinum. What a nice car it is. Drives great!
2- Didn't try to upsell or offer me anything else.

The OK:
1- There was no fastlane or other such way to get around the counter personnel. Not sure what he was doing but he was typing on his computer for quite some time getting me ready to get in the car. Nice enough fellow - but I'm used to speedy pickups via Hertz Gold.

The bad:
1- That website! You can't go check your rates easily (need confirmation email to see what you booked weeks prior). It suffices but really isn't overly user friendly.

With this new experience I will be considering Sixt more frequently. I'm Hertz President level and almost never get upgrades. An Audi A3 for low prices? Now that's the way to win some business!
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:41 am

I've got a rental booked in MIA next Saturday - a pickup (PPAR) - just wondering if anyone knows what they have in MIA at the moment - Silverado, Ram, F150?

Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:10 am

Just in case anyone was wondering, they had two Ram's available.

But I got an upgrade to a GMC Yukon XL - absolute beast!!

Once again excellent service from Sixt, puts them at the top of their game IMO.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 11:24 am

Hello, just looking for an update on XFAR stock at MIA if anyone has any info?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
SIXT - MIA - my experience

Indigenous rent with SIXT, mainly for their better cars and reasonable prices. It usually works it quite well.

Platinum Member - Status match from AA EXP

The one exception is MIA
Service is very inconsistent - today I got a text advising me to go straight to level 3 Platinum Express office and just collect key - the reality was somewhat different.

When I arrived there was one customs in front of me and it took about 10 minutes to be dealt with - fine, or so I thought. Then the rep spent the best part of an hour getting my, and my wife's into the system which they already had on file. Once we did get actually round to the key collection I asked about an upgrade - had ordered an XFAR - BMW X5, which didn't happen to be available they offered me a Merc GLE. I asked about an upgrade as a Platinum member - they told me they only had Range Rovers available and I could pay for one on those - as they weren't available as free upgrades - despite me telling the Rep that I had been offered an accepted one previously. They then offered me one at USD 300 per day as opposed to their allegedly current rate of USD 500 per day - I declined. Then they were going to charge me USD 11 a day to add my wife as a second driver - at this point I asked what the point of my Platinum level membership actually was - the rep had nothing to say, so I suggested that perhaps they could add my wife as 2nd driver for free. The rep then tried to contact her supervisor without success and eventually, reluctantly gave me the 2nd driver for free. All in all a very poor experience, on the back of which I am thinking about trying another rental car co.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Bungle71
Indigenous rent with SIXT, mainly for their better cars and reasonable prices. It usually works it quite well.

Platinum Member - Status match from AA EXP

The one exception is MIA
Service is very inconsistent - today I got a text advising me to go straight to level 3 Platinum Express office and just collect key - the reality was somewhat different.

When I arrived there was one customs in front of me and it took about 10 minutes to be dealt with - fine, or so I thought. Then the rep spent the best part of an hour getting my, and my wife's into the system which they already had on file. Once we did get actually round to the key collection I asked about an upgrade - had ordered an XFAR - BMW X5, which didn't happen to be available they offered me a Merc GLE. I asked about an upgrade as a Platinum member - they told me they only had Range Rovers available and I could pay for one on those - as they weren't available as free upgrades - despite me telling the Rep that I had been offered an accepted one previously. They then offered me one at USD 300 per day as opposed to their allegedly current rate of USD 500 per day - I declined. Then they were going to charge me USD 11 a day to add my wife as a second driver - at this point I asked what the point of my Platinum level membership actually was - the rep had nothing to say, so I suggested that perhaps they could add my wife as 2nd driver for free. The rep then tried to contact her supervisor without success and eventually, reluctantly gave me the 2nd driver for free. All in all a very poor experience, on the back of which I am thinking about trying another rental car co.
I may be way off here but I think what they are doing at MIA if you have a pre-booked rental is restarting it at branch level so they get the bonuses etc. My license and payment cards are all on file with the express card and can even use keyless entry in Switzerland, yet at MIA I am always asked for my license and card. Then follows the long process of bashing away on the computer. It should simply be a case of pick up and go.
Old May 8, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
Sixt platinum, not offered upgrade (not possible on XFAR).

Just returned from a two week rental at SIXT Miami and got a new Cadillac Escalade ESV. I rented between April 17th and May 1st, and at both pickup and return there were plenty of Cadillacs available (4+ in the small lot). Upon pickup I was offered the choice between a Volvo XC90 and the Cadillac.

Had a great experience. Only "issue" i encountered was that they wouldn't let me pickup my car 30 minutes before my reservation, which was odd because the car I picked up later was already standing there. Anyway overall a very good experience and will surely rent again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.