Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Anyone used SIXT car rental at MIA? [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone used SIXT car rental at MIA? [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico
I like Sixt.
Since I posted initialy this thread I've rented twice with them from MIA.
No problems so far. Just try to avoid using toll highways when you leave MIA and buy a Sunpass mini for tolls for next day, activate it and stick it on the windshield. Otherwise, their toll policy is not very "accomodating", especially if you don't expect to be a frequent turnpike user.
Also make sure when you return the car to ask the attendant to show you that the car has been entered back in their system, otherwise if they do it later, you might find yourself charged with an extra day. It happened to me last summer but they fixed the payment after I explained them that the time they mentioned for me returning the car was actually after my flight had landed me to Canada where I live.
Also, at least for now their cars are brand new, so you won't get a wreck.
Just keep an eye on their rates, if you can afford the time, as they fluctuate dramatically from one week to another until you find the price that you like and book it. Of course this works only if you know about one or two months in advance when you will be renting.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:22 pm

Any idea how long it takes to get the Sixt card from them?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:42 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Originally Posted by United_727
Any idea how long it takes to get the Sixt card from them?
Dear United_727,
it can take up to 6 weeks for Express card to arrive, depending in where in the world you live. Please e-mail me your Express card number and I will check if your card has been dispatched yet.
My e-mail address is [email protected]

Thanks
Sabine
Old Feb 17, 2012, 4:18 am

Same issue -- incurred fuel charges even though car returned full

I had the same issue as some of the previous posters.

I returned the car in Miami with a full tank after topping off the fuel tank at a gas station just blocks from the airport, yet I'm showing $80 in fuel charges. Where are they getting their information from? I might have to go with another provider next time, one that actually checks the car and hands you a receipt at the airport (like Hertz) because these mistakes happen WAY too often and it's a huge pain to deal with.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:58 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by DBL185
I had the same issue as some of the previous posters.

I returned the car in Miami with a full tank after topping off the fuel tank at a gas station just blocks from the airport, yet I'm showing $80 in fuel charges. Where are they getting their information from? I might have to go with another provider next time, one that actually checks the car and hands you a receipt at the airport (like Hertz) because these mistakes happen WAY too often and it's a huge pain to deal with.
I am sorry you have an incorrect fuel charge, please send me the details [email protected]

I will discuss this topic again with my colleagues in the U.S

Gary - Customer Service Team
Old Feb 18, 2012, 8:02 am

Programs: Hertz Gold, AVIS Preferred, SIXT Platinum
Hello...

I was going to rent with SIXT for my upcoming 14-day trip to Florida - Then I read the rental conditions and nearly fel of my chair, when I read they charge upto 3 x the rental price as a deposit - What the f**k. The weirdest part, you have zero excess on the LDW.

I was going to use the 25% off at Florida locations - The deal on the Mercedes-Benz E350 Convertible is GOOD, only $1662 for two weeks. At Hertz you end up paying $2400 for the same car and Hertz only charge $200 extra.

BUT charging 3 x $1662 is STEEP.

Anyone have ANY experience with SIXT and their deposit policies at MIA?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by kimfrost
Hello...

I was going to rent with SIXT for my upcoming 14-day trip to Florida - Then I read the rental conditions and nearly fel of my chair, when I read they charge upto 3 x the rental price as a deposit - What the f**k. The weirdest part, you have zero excess on the LDW.

I was going to use the 25% off at Florida locations - The deal on the Mercedes-Benz E350 Convertible is GOOD, only $1662 for two weeks. At Hertz you end up paying $2400 for the same car and Hertz only charge $200 extra.

Would like to hear SIXT's comments as well. Was thinking about renting from SIXT at MCO since I have their Platinum card, but due to their deposit policy will probably end up renting form Hertz...
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico
Originally Posted by kimfrost
Hello...

They will not charge your credit card until you return the car and settle the cost, but thei MIGHT put a hold on your funds, so your available credit on your credit card will diminish with that ammount. Say you have a 10k credit limit and your rental estimate cost is 1000 they might put a 3000 hold on your acount and you will only have available 7k in credit that you can use on your card. Then, at the end they charge you the cost and whatever else expenses you incur (gas, tolls, etc) and they will release the hold from your card and you will see the charge on your account.

The "0 excess" on LDW means you have "0" deductible and you will pay for it a premium. If you want 300 dollars deductible it will cost you a little less. Keep in mind this is a German company and they don't translate in English the terms all the time the way we know them. I other words it means if you damage or total the car you pay nothing if you are on "0" and you pay 300 if you are on 300. At least this is my understanding, you can call and ask directly the MIA office.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:48 pm

Programs: BA SL, TG SL, Sixt DIA
Very happy with Sixt in MIA

In December I rented a car from SIXT in MIA and returned it in FLL.
I booked a 3 series and got a VOLVO convertible, which was not bad.
The Car rental terminal in MIA is a nice experience, much better than shuttle busses IMO.
I assumed at FLL it would be at the airport as well, or that there would be signs. I followed the car rental return signage but Sixt was not there, so I called them and they guided me to their lot a short drive away. From there they have a shuttle to the airport.

I asked about Sun Pass, they told me to just drive through the Sun Pass lanes and they will work it out.

Generally I welcome Sixts' move into the US, as I like their lineup of cars more than what I experienced with others in the US, but I might be biased being German.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:07 am

On a side note,the Sonata i rented in FLL had working XM!! So nice to listen to XM ,like I do @ home ,instead of crap terrestrial radio.Never had XM working in a rental,before.^
Old May 10, 2012, 2:49 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus, BA Executive Club
I'm going to hire a car in Miami for about 10 days i july - august this year.

My primary wish is an BMW X5 or an Mercedes M. I can see that these cars are in the XFAR class on Sixt's webpage.

My question is: What are my chances in ending up with one of those cars, and not an Cadillac Escalade, that is also in the XFAR class?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old May 10, 2012, 3:19 am

they should have enough Mercedes ML...

they dont have X5
Old May 10, 2012, 5:32 pm

any coupons/corporate codes I can use for a FLL rental tomorrow 4-5 days . Looking for a discount or upgrade...

got a great rate for $66 all included for a versa

interestingly enough the rate goes up if rent 5 days so I might extend a day later or return the car after 4

Last edited by vickh; May 10, 2012 at 5:43 pm
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:45 am

just got back. rented a L car for a week. got the mercedes e class. everything went very well. they had given me such a good price for my week's rental i took the sunpass too. also had a $10 off coupon i got when i signed up for membership, i was going to list my wife as a second driver, but they want an additional $10/day so i passed. she didn't reall want to drive anyway. overall i was very happy with the whole deal.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:43 pm

Gary, you have a PM

Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
Glad you enjoyed your rental with us.

Could I ask you to complete the online registration

https://www.sixt.co.uk/php/cards/

You will receive a Sixt Express Card membership number on completion. Please forward the membership number to me with the details of your preferred Sixt partner program. Depending on your status chosen, I will upgrade your account.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you.

Gary - Sixt Customer Service Team
Hi Gary, I have sent you a PM. Thanks for adding your positivity to FT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.