Sixt Platinum

Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Sixt Platinum

Hi Folks,

I just got sixt platinum; what can I expect in terms of upgrades in Europe but mainly in Miami if someone has experience.

Thanks
Old Mar 29, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Not to hijack your thread but a similar question. I would also like to know tangible benefits of Sixt platinum card. It would be great if someone can elaborate.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 5:32 am

the upgrade for platinum depends on availability.

basically this means: dont expect anything and you may sometimes be positively surprised. most of the times, however, you are not getting anything better than a gold card.

probably airport stations will hand out upgrades for platinum card more than smaller city stations.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 3:06 am
BMK

Programs: British Airways Blue, Virgin Flying Club Silver, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
I am Sixt Platinum and haven't recieved any upgrades that I didn't get when I was Gold.

Always book the car group you want and any upgrade you get is a bonus.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 1:54 am

Programs: Hertz Gold, AVIS Preferred, SIXT Platinum
I've been SIXT Platinum since 2002 and I must admit, it's more a name than a "real" perk.

The Fast Lane is MUCH slower than that of Hertz Club Gold. I have yet to just walk up to my car and drive of, I've always had to goto some sort of desk, maybe I've just rented at "off" locations, but that's annoying. I've never received an upgrade yet (then again, I always book the best possible car wherever I am at). The discounts (WUT) oh please, haven't really felt any discounts from SIXT, then again, SIXT are one of the most price competitive imo. You get better discounts with Hertz, specially with airline programs.

One of the best reasons I use SIXT, isn't the tiers, it's their cars! Their cars are ACE compared to ANY other rental company imo; specially here in Europe. They use top of the line German makes; I like! So use SIXT for their cars, not their card tiers, waste of time. This is all my personal opinion.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 7:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Been Sixt Plat since ages, never seen any earthshaking upgrade or benefit, always get what I booked, sometimes even less.

Today I received a real benefit for the first time: Sixt is waiving the 29 signup fee for drive now if you are platinum ^

https://www.drive-now.com/php/metrop...?prc=SPLATINUM
Old Apr 3, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Been Sixt Plat since ages, never seen any earthshaking upgrade or benefit, always get what I booked, sometimes even less.

Today I received a real benefit for the first time: Sixt is waiving the 29 signup fee for drive now if you are platinum ^

https://www.drive-now.com/php/metrop...?prc=SPLATINUM
I got the same newsletter and turned rather since I signed up for DriveNow about three weeks ago and paid the 29 Euros

Anyway, nice offer! I got 500 LH miles for signup by the way ;-)
Old Apr 11, 2012, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
So far I have very good experiences with Sixt upgrades - normally I get 1 or 2 classes higher car than booked (in Europe) ^
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
So far I have very good experiences with Sixt upgrades - normally I get 1 or 2 classes higher car than booked (in Europe) ^
Same thing with me regarding SIXT Platinum, I'm quite surprised about the number of negative comments here!
Old May 24, 2012, 7:51 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Is a Citron Picasso C4 an upgrade from a Golf GTI? If so, I got an upgrade in Hamburg last week.
Old May 25, 2012, 7:17 am

if it had navigation: yes
if not: no
Old May 25, 2012, 11:06 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by sixtisbest
if it had navigation: yes
if not: no
No navigation. It was a very unsatisfying rental overall.
Old May 29, 2012, 6:00 am

write an email to the customer service.
usually they adjust the price and compensate...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.