Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Dont ever use SIXT car rental - they take money from a credit card!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dont ever use SIXT car rental - they take money from a credit card!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2011, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Angry Dont ever use SIXT car rental - they take money from a credit card!

I have ordered a car in Brussels SIXT car rental (Belgium, Europe), with 100% prepayment. When I came to the point at Brussels airport, I was noticed that they got no car that I ordered and prepayed, and offered another car. I agreed and took another car, of course if it will cost the same price like in my order and prepayment.
Now I realize that the following happens with my Visa card:
1. Prepayment - about 300 euro taken,
2. Returned back - about 100 euro,
3. They took from my card about 500 euro. Why and what for? I did not confirm this payment, and did not agree with it!
4. Returned back to my card about 200 euro.

So now despite the preorder and 100% advance payment, I got about 200 euro missing.
Please know - if you order and pay in advance your car rental at SIXT company you will never know how much exactly it will cost for you!

------

Finally...

Right now I have to say that I recived from SIXT amounts of 39,00 euro and 168,03 euro, totally 207,03.
That is what I estimated, 176,22 + 30 euro as apologise from SIXT, totally 206,22.

Thanks to Gary Coughlan and Sabine Blasig, they are making a hard job here with their clients!

Last edited by Nickeyzzz; Feb 26, 2011 at 7:14 am
Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:01 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by Nickeyzzz
I have ordered a car in Brussels SIXT car rental (Belgium, Europe), with 100% prepayment. When I came to the point at Brussels airport, I was noticed that they got no car that I ordered and prepayed, and offered another car. I agreed and took another car, of course if it will cost the same price like in my order and prepayment.
3. They took from my card about 500 euro. Why and what for? I did not confirm this payment, and did not agreed with it!

So now despite the preorder and 100% advance payment, I got about 200 euro missing.
Please know - if you order and pay in advance your car rental at SIXT company you will never know how much exactly it will cost for you!
Please could you forward some details to [email protected] and I'll look into this for you.

Best regards
Gary
CS Manager Sixt U.K
Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:22 am
Original Poster

No problem, booking number is 6043919842.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:39 am

3. They took from my card about 500 euro. Why and what for? I did not confirm this payment, and did not agree with it!

Hello,
please could you send me your e-mail address to [email protected], as would like to send you some information in relation to your rental.
Many Thanks
Best Regards
Sabine
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:17 am
Original Poster

My email is ... @ ...
Please note, that all of emails will be reposted here, except private data.

Last edited by Nickeyzzz; Apr 26, 2011 at 1:33 pm
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:09 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I appreciate the the Sixt representatives are getting involved and hope in the end all parties are satisfied. I do want to post a reminder of FlyerTalk's rules on privacy.

Posting Private Emails and Messages Without the Author's Permission
http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q84
This is an invasion of privacy, possibly unlawful, and members who violate this will be subject to the disciplinary process.

You are also encouraged in our rules to guard your privacy by sharing your personal emails only through private messages.

Sharing anyone else's personal information violates FlyerTalk's rules.

For a complete look at the rules, please see: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php

l'etoile
sr. moderator
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by l'etoile
I appreciate the the Sixt representatives are getting involved and hope in the end all parties are satisfied. I do want to post a reminder of FlyerTalk's rules on privacy.

Posting Private Emails and Messages Without the Author's Permission
http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q84
This is an invasion of privacy, possibly unlawful, and members who violate this will be subject to the disciplinary process.

You are also encouraged in our rules to guard your privacy by sharing your personal emails only through private messages.

Sharing anyone else's personal information violates FlyerTalk's rules.

For a complete look at the rules, please see: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php

l'etoile
sr. moderator

Thanks for this information, of course I don't want posting any of my private data here, but I expect that representatives of Sixt will give information from their company, not privately from themselves. This information is not exactly object of privacy.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 6:05 am

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Thanks for this information, of course I don't want posting any of my private data here, but I expect that representatives of Sixt will give information from their company, not privately from themselves. This information is not exactly object of privacy.
Well said.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 2:31 am

Hi Nickeyzzz,

Also a note to everyone. Sixt, will not of course intentionally display any private data. I would second the moderators comments to remind members not to display any private information.
We will publish our answers as always here on flyertalk as we want to have an open and honest discussion with our customers.

Below is a reply I sent to you on to your e-mail address provided.
I checked our system and it seems that at start of rental the branch used the incorrect reservation number when the rental was opened. Therefore a different rate was applied on your rental then which you have booked.
I can confirm that I have amended this for you on Friday the 28/01/11, please allow up to 7 working days for the difference to show on your credit card.

Your original pre paid reservation was cancelled on the 13/09/10 and a partial refund was made. On the 18/10/10 the customer service department credited the remaining outstanding amount. Therefore you should have received a full refund for your pre paid reservation.

Your rental was processed as a payment on arrival when you collected the vehicle. This was our error and I very sorry for the confusion and inconvenience that our mistake has caused you. In your original Pre paid reservation, the pre payment had included 8 rental days, airport surcharge and Eco Tax.Your invoice for your rental, payment on arrival is showing additionally charges for the satellite navigation system and the booster, which were not included in your pre paid booking and were added at the branch.

I hope that this helps to explain your query, if you have any questions please contact me [email protected], alternatively please feel free to call me on the telephone number provided on my e-mail to you.

I will do all that I can to answer any questions that you may still have, we are sincerely very sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards
Sabine Blasig
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Posting my answer to an email, that I recived:

Dear sirs,
as an answer to your letter:
1. You took from my card not 39,00 euros, but 176,22 euro more than you should take.
2. When I reserved a car I payed the amount of 334,92 euro and I did not ask for anything else, there were no information about any EXTRA surcharges and taxes. Why you add additional charges, but say nothing about it during reservation and even taking a car at your point? You just silently add them after I return a car!
3. I did NOT cancel my reservation, I asked a car in correspondence with my reservation, nothing else. If your company cancels my reservation somehow - it's not mine, it's your problem. I even can NOT cancel pre-payed reservation!
4. I did NOT order any satellite system and I did NOT use it, and I did NOT want it, if you gave me not the car that I ordered even with satellite system, and with something else even with it's own satellite - it's not my problem.
5. Why you return me my prepaid reservation if I did NOT cancel it and make any new reservation if I did NOT ask for it?

So I pre-paid 334,92 euro on 16-06-2010 and I want a car for this price, nothing else.
You returned 209,33 euro on 17-09-2010, and 125,59 euro on 20-10-2010 (I am not talking about the situation when you use my money for one month and don't ask anything for this).
And you took took from my card 511,14 euro on 22-09-2010 - I did NOT confirm this payment and did NOT agree with it.

So you should return the amount of 176,22 euro.
I won't be totally happy getting your 39 euros
Old Jan 31, 2011, 4:06 am

Posting my answer to an email, that I recived:

Dear sirs,
as an answer to your letter:
1. You took from my card not 39,00 euros, but 176,22 euro more than you should take.
2. When I reserved a car I payed the amount of 334,92 euro and I did not ask for anything else, there were no information about any EXTRA surcharges and taxes. Why you add additional charges, but say nothing about it during reservation and even taking a car at your point? You just silently add them after I return a car!
3. I did NOT cancel my reservation, I asked a car in correspondence with my reservation, nothing else. If your company cancels my reservation somehow - it's not mine, it's your problem. I even can NOT cancel pre-payed reservation!
4. I did NOT order any satellite system and I did NOT use it, and I did NOT want it, if you gave me not the car that I ordered even with satellite system, and with something else even with it's own satellite - it's not my problem.
5. Why you return me my prepaid reservation if I did NOT cancel it and make any new reservation if I did NOT ask for it?

So I pre-paid 334,92 euro on 16-06-2010 and I want a car for this price, nothing else.
You returned 209,33 euro on 17-09-2010, and 125,59 euro on 20-10-2010 (I am not talking about the situation when you use my money for one month and don't ask anything for this).
And you took took from my card 511,14 euro on 22-09-2010 - I did NOT confirm this payment and did NOT agree with it.

So you should return the amount of 176,22 euro.
I won't be totally happy getting your 39 euros
Hi Nickeyzzz,
due to the error the wrong reservation was activated, where the satellite navigation and the booster seat was included and therefore they were showing on the invoice.
I can confirm that we have credited the booster seat and the satellite navigation charge today. Please allow up to 7 working days on the refund to reflect on your account.

The invoice should now charge in accordance with your expectations, I also have replied to you via e-mail and I hope that I helped to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

We agree completely that the mistakes were made by Sixt and not you, we understand that you did not wish to cancel the pre payment.

We are very sorry about the problem, no mistakes are intentional, I sent some further detail to your e-mail address. I hope you are happy with the suggestion.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards
Sabine Blasig
Old Jan 31, 2011, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sabine Blasig
Hi Nickeyzzz,
due to the error the wrong reservation was activated, where the satellite navigation and the booster seat was included and therefore they were showing on the invoice.
I can confirm that we have credited the booster seat and the satellite navigation charge today. Please allow up to 7 working days on the refund to reflect on your account.

The invoice should now charge in accordance with your expectations, I also have replied to you via e-mail and I hope that I helped to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

We agree completely that the mistakes were made by Sixt and not you, we understand that you did not wish to cancel the pre payment.

We are very sorry about the problem, no mistakes are intentional, I sent some further detail to your e-mail address. I hope you are happy with the suggestion.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards
Sabine Blasig
Ok then, I have already sent you a message with the following:

Good afternoon!
I have just recived the following invoice from your company:

Rental days (per week) 1 x 199,50 199,50 EUR
Extra days 1 x 28,10 28,10 EUR
kms inclusive 1.740
Navigation Syste 8 x 8,26 66,08 EUR
Booster Seat (15 8 x 6,00 48,00 EUR
Eco tax / Touris 1 x 3,00 3,00 EUR
Premium location 20,00 % 45,52 EUR
---------------
Total net 390,20 EUR
VAT 21,00 % 81,94 EUR
---------------
Total 472,14 EUR
===============
Final amount 472,14 EUR

It seems to be real, except the
Navigation system that I did not order and did not want and
what the hell is
"Booster Seat (15" - 8 pieces (or 8 days?), 6 euro each?
I did not got a child and there were no any child seats in that car if you mean them!
So why should I pay for them?
The rest with taxes and VAT will be about 334 euro, exactly as I pre-payed.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 5:03 am
Original Poster

So thank you for your replies, I am waiting for 176,22 euro to my card account. After that surely my first message with it's header will be edited. I hope, I will be able to say "everything is compensated".

For now we got:
39,00 euro - taken just for nothing
66,08 euro + VAT(21%) - taken for unordered and unwanted navi system
48,00 euro + VAT(21%) - taken for awesome "Booster seat" which were not present in a car.

Last edited by Nickeyzzz; Jan 31, 2011 at 5:09 am
Old Jan 31, 2011, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Also I have recived this by email today:

Good Morning,
I am sincerely sorry for the problems you experienced due to branch error using the incorrect reservation.

I checked the reservation and can confirm that you did not requested the satellite navigation system and the booster seat. These were included in the reservation for a different customer, which was used for your booking. I have credited these charges today. Please allow up to 7 working days for refund of 138.03Euros to show on your credit card.

As our customer you expect a professional and efficient rental service. We pride ourselves on our high standard of vehicle rental and customer service and regret that on this occasion our usual standards were not met.

Once more I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you and I would like to offer you a credit voucher for the value of 30Euros for a future rental with Sixt. Please could you confirm your postal address and I will be happy to send it as a priority.

I do hope that this experience will not deter you from renting with Sixt again in the future.
Of course "These were included in the reservation for a different customer, which was used for your booking" - doesn't sound like truth, sorry

About "a credit voucher for the value of 30Euros for a future rental with Sixt" - don't think I will ever use it, because I hope, I will not ever plan to use your strange company service.
You may just send them to my credit card if you want
Old Jan 31, 2011, 6:06 am

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Also I have recived this by email today:

Of course "These were included in the reservation for a different customer, which was used for your booking" - doesn't sound like truth, sorry

About "a credit voucher for the value of 30Euros for a future rental with Sixt" - don't think I will ever use it, because I hope, I will not ever plan to use your strange company service.
You may just send them to my credit card if you want
Hi,

I'm Gary the Customer Service Manager for Sixt in the U.K.

We have refunded 30 Euros to your card to apologise for the mistake, no problem.

Please be reassured that we have answered you honestly, there are no untruths. I understand your frustration, however we did not set out to make a mistake, and we have of course apologised and compensated you for our error.

I hope you will reconsider and use our services again, I agree that this was poor service received on this occasion I can not change that now, but we all from time to time make mistakes, I hope you can see that we have worked quickly to rectify our error.

Best regards
Gary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.