Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Dont ever use SIXT car rental - they take money from a credit card!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dont ever use SIXT car rental - they take money from a credit card!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2011, 11:46 am

Impressed

I am very impressed how Sixt is handling the OP's trouble here on FT. I am not aware of any other company being that proactive and quick with resolutions.

Actually, this gives me comfort to rent more with Sixt in the future as I know I will have somebody to turn to.

Renting 20-30 times per year with a Sixt Platinum card, I am starting to wonder however why I never get the awesome upgrades some others post in the upgrade thread ...
Old Feb 8, 2011, 2:33 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Hi f4free

My names Adam and I'm the reservations manager for Sixt in the UK

Whenever you have a reservation or if you ever need help in reserving a vehicle, Please feel free to contact myself and I will be more than happy to assist and ensure a great service

I will of course do my best also in trying to secure you the upgrade whenever possible

Please send the details to [email protected]

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Adam
Old Feb 8, 2011, 6:56 am

Programs: Starwood Lifetime Platinum; Hilton HHonors Gold; United Premier Gold
I'll admit I'm surprised by the level of attention Sixt has provided to this unhappy customer. I'll be in Zurich in June, and I'll be looking for a rental car then, Sixt is on my radar screen for the first time.

I rented in Frankfurt last summer from Europcar, and it was an unpleasant experience with an overcharge that they eventually reimbursed to me, but not without me having to do a lot more than I should have to get my money back.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Gary, Sabine, et al...I hope your leaders are aware that you do create a VERY positive impression with this level of responsiveness to issues. It certainly does make me more inclined to rent from Sixt when available (although some of the franchisees I've dealt with are slightly less professional than I'm used to--which raises the question of whether things are more likely to go wrong thus requiring these interactions on a more frequent basis than with, say, Hertz or Europcar).
I do hope that the root cause analysis and mitigation is as spot-on as the reactive response when these problems occur--although I'm sure that may not be under your direct control.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 3:42 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Originally Posted by signothetimes53
I'll admit I'm surprised by the level of attention Sixt has provided to this unhappy customer. I'll be in Zurich in June, and I'll be looking for a rental car then, Sixt is on my radar screen for the first time.

I rented in Frankfurt last summer from Europcar, and it was an unpleasant experience with an overcharge that they eventually reimbursed to me, but not without me having to do a lot more than I should have to get my money back.
Hi Signothetimes53

If you need any advice or have any questions regarding your car hire needs in Zurich, Please feel free to drop me an email and I will be more than happy to help

Its great to hear you may be using Sixt for the first time and if there is anything I can help with, Please just let me know

My email address is [email protected]

Adam
Old Feb 26, 2011, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Right now I have to say that I recived from SIXT amounts of 39,00 euro and 168,03 euro, totally 207,03.
That is what I estimated, 176,22 + 30 euro as apologise from SIXT, totally 206,22.

Thanks to Gary Coughlan and Sabine Blasig, they are making a hard job here with their clients!

My opinion is changing, if something goes wrong - contact them here, and they will do what they can

Last edited by Nickeyzzz; Feb 26, 2011 at 7:20 am
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:31 pm
formerly memoses

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Something or another, HH Blue :), National EE, Sixt Plat
Impressed As Well

This is why I love FT, you discover companies that may become life-long travel partners.

As an EE member with National, I almost always rent through them, but since their cut & paste network of rental stations outside North America leaves much to be desired (including the lack of accruing any elite benefits), I really need to find a new rental partner outside the US. With the impressive responses in this thread, I am looking forward to my first of hopefully many rentals with Sixt while in Florence tomorrow!

I also am eager to see what the Platinum status gifted to me will do (if anything). Nice work Sixt on inviting US frequent travelers to your network.^
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:28 am
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I try to make a car reservation first time using Sixt in Spain, and found this very negative title here.
Wooooo, I though I should not use Sixt at all.
However, after I read through the posts, I felt much much better now, and looking forward to using Sixt(very good rate, too) soon^.

Maybe, it is a time to change the title to more reasonable one.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 3:12 am
formerly memoses

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Something or another, HH Blue :), National EE, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Tak
Maybe, it is a time to change the title to more reasonable one.
Agree with suggesting a title edit to something like "Very negative rental experience turned positive with customer service." However, this does sound a bit pandering for FTers But alas, credit is due where credit is due.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion; Visa Infinite; Hertz Gold; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold; Kempinski Private Concierge;
In the past, I had a bad experience with sixt (One over more than 50 rentals)
One people didn't want to give me a car because they need me to show my ID card, my Licence Driver and my CreditCard... It was I think the fiftenth times that I booked with them and always at the same place, so people knew who I was and that they never had any problem with me...
But they still refused to give me a car...

So I called Sixt in Germany, within the next 15 minutes, I had a call from the man who refused to give me a car, who invited me to come back and take the car
Furthermore, Sixt give me a 100 euros voucher for this issue!

Sixt really have a very GOOD customers services!
stay the way you are!
Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:27 pm

Never ever use rental from sixt!!!

Never ever rent a car from Sixt, under no circumstances.
here is my story
We rented a Nissan Qashqai at Brussels airport on Feb 15, 2014 and returned the car the same day to the same location without any scratch. To our surprise the attendant immediately spotted (seemed he knew about that) minor scratches on front and rear bumpers of the car and blamed our group in the damage. Looks they knew about that damage and want everyone to pay for that. Very profitable business, isn't it?
4 months later sixt emailed the invoice for 790.55 EUROs for so-called repairs of the damages. We did NOT damage the car. After several email exchanges with their customer reps the bill was reduced as a gesture of goodwill to only 300 EUROs.

After reading multiple similar stories online about fraudulent damage claims by sixt I've decided to make the case public and warn people not to rent any cars from sixt. They'll blame you in non-existent damages, steal money from your credit cards and refuse to admit their criminal acts.

NEVER EVER RENT A CAR FROM SIXT!!!! PAY COUPLE BUCKS MORE, BUT RENT FROM A REPUTABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY.

I'll be distributing this story everywhere and will ask my friends to help me.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by frafikov
here is my story
We rented a Nissan Qashqai at Brussels airport on Feb 15, 2014 and returned the car the same day to the same location without any scratch. To our surprise the attendant immediately spotted (seemed he knew about that) minor scratches on front and rear bumpers of the car and blamed our group in the damage. Looks they knew about that damage and want everyone to pay for that. Very profitable business, isn't it?
4 months later sixt emailed the invoice for 790.55 EUROs for so-called repairs of the damages. We did NOT damage the car. After several email exchanges with their customer reps the bill was reduced as a gesture of goodwill to only 300 EUROs.

After reading multiple similar stories online about fraudulent damage claims by sixt I've decided to make the case public and warn people not to rent any cars from sixt. They'll blame you in non-existent damages, steal money from your credit cards and refuse to admit their criminal acts.

NEVER EVER RENT A CAR FROM SIXT!!!! PAY COUPLE BUCKS MORE, BUT RENT FROM A REPUTABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY.

No matter how valid your complaint might be, don't you realize that when you come to a website such as this and your first and only post is a rant, it won't have much credibility? Many of us here are very well traveled and have had our issues with various airlines, car rentals, hotels, etc and a single post from someone isn't going to have the effect that you desire. Again, your complaint may be valid, but we only have one side of the story.

A helpful tip for you. Whenever I rent a car, no matter which company, I check it out thoroughly before I drive away. It might take me 10 minutes to do this. If there is the slightest mark on it, I get a rep to come look at it & note the mark on my rental agreement. There are some frequent renters on here that walk around the car and take pictures before they leave the rental lot. Your situation is unfortunate and I hope it comes to a satisfactory conclusion for you. BTW, if you look at the other rental car forums, you'll see similar complaints about Hertz, Avis, etc. Good luck.

Last edited by FLYMSY; Jul 14, 2014 at 2:53 pm
Old Jun 26, 2014, 3:41 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Originally Posted by frafikov
here is my story

Hi Frafikov,

I am sorry to hear you have recently had a negative experience with us at Sixt. I will be more than happy to take a look into this for you if you would like to send me a private message with your rental details included.

Many thanks, Louise.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 6:40 pm

Another Credit Card complaint

I have made reservation with SIXT Australia (Melbourne Airport).

The agreed price in writing is: AUD155.63
The charge on my AUD credit card statement is: AUD161.14 (3.5% extra).

The reason: They did the transaction in Euros (EUR), so I incurred
  • Exchange rate losses
  • Foreign Currency surcharge from my bank

I have double checked the Terms and Conditions and nowhere does it say that the transaction will be done in any other currency that than the agreed one.

When I contacted the local Australian phone number given on the Reservation Confirmation, I was told: "We are just the local partner. We are not SIXT. Please contact Germany if you have a complaint."

Totally unacceptable on many levels.

Old Jul 15, 2014, 2:48 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi RobClark,

I am sorry to hear about this.

Please could you send me a private message with your reservation details, and I will do what I can to assist you with this.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by RobClark
I have made reservation with SIXT Australia (Melbourne Airport).

The agreed price in writing is: AUD155.63
The charge on my AUD credit card statement is: AUD161.14 (3.5% extra).

The reason: They did the transaction in Euros (EUR), so I incurred
  • Exchange rate losses
  • Foreign Currency surcharge from my bank

I have double checked the Terms and Conditions and nowhere does it say that the transaction will be done in any other currency that than the agreed one.

When I contacted the local Australian phone number given on the Reservation Confirmation, I was told: "We are just the local partner. We are not SIXT. Please contact Germany if you have a complaint."

Totally unacceptable on many levels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.