sorry, Gary, but couldn't stop smiling about your reply.
I assume this is the translated version of the German standard email, if customers complain regarding the charge of winter tires.
1. the winter tires are not even winter tires. They are 4 season tires.
2. the tires are fitted to the car when they come into the fleet. Some rare exceptions may apply. But there is no cost for changing tires or something like that. Besides 4 season tires are not much more expensive than summer tires.
3. if transparency is a clear goal, then
- why was the winter tire charge increased from 16 to 19€ per day on the first day of xmas vacation 2010 in Germany?
- why are customers charged 19€ per day, when they made a reservation in November when the price was 16€ per day?
- why is the winter tire charge for business customer almost nothing compared to the 19€ for privat customers?
4. why are winter tires only charged during winter time when it is outside below 3 degrees at the moment of the rental?
Finally regarding the screen wash: the screen wash water will not freeze if there would not only be plain water in the screen wash tank.
I can only recommend you not to defend German practices of the whole winter drama. It applies to all major german rental companies in Germany and cannot be compard to the quality standard and service level in the UK.
Therefore I do not even want to have an answer to the questions above.