Sixt - Any Questions?

Old Dec 8, 2016, 3:02 pm

Hi Gary,
I am EC Exec, does that mean I qualify for platinum or gold. Also, I submitted my proof via the site. It asked for a receipt from a prior rental and I provided one, but the receipt doesn't say anything about what status I am so I don't know how it pertains to a status match. Anyways, is there any other way I could pursue a status match. Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2016, 6:12 am

Good morning all,

I'm in the unfortunate position of having a prepaid booking next month but my plans have been altered.

I booked a rental to be picked up on 1/1 from LAS and to be dropped off 1/4 at LAX. I need to revise my drop-off time to West Hollywood on 1/2 (less than 24 hours). I understand I'm out the money on a 3-day rental but the Sixt website is trying to charge the $30 for a rebooking fee to have the car for two fewer days. Any advice on working around this?
Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:23 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum
PDAR Manchester Airport

Hi,

I have 2 rentals coming up from Manchester airport both times i have booked in the PDAR. Last time in August I received a brand new Audi A5 Quattro (very nice car)....Could you tell me what other cars they currently have on Fleet there and is it possible you can put a request on my booking for the prefered choice of car...

Best Regards,
Old Dec 27, 2016, 3:42 am

My experience with SixT car rental

Hi everyone, I just would like to share my experience with SixT car rental. Avoid this company at any cost. My flight was delayed about an hour when I get to rental desk at Berlin shoenefeld airport lady in charge told me she don't have any car for me because I'm late. And she said we have car for you unless I pay another 200EUR again for same booking.

Yes I've been put this situation on my holiday before Christmas I have to pay again for same booking. Lady on charge said "you pay" or we "we cancel". So I end up paying twice for same booking even when I provided my flight number. So they knew my flight going to be late and they give away my car to somebody else or they just selling you lie. Because next minute they found same car but I can't have it unless I pay again.

​​​​​​Plus I tried phone them up 3 times before I fly when I knew my flight gonna to be delayed at Manchester airport but their phone number was saying "try to get in touch later" so it's looks like they practice is set up in purpose to charge people for nothing. Feel very angry and ripped off about this.

Next time I'm going to tell our pilot to hurry up because SixT gonna charge me again for the same booking. Like this is depends on me my flight gonna to be late or not. Plus I can add when I was making my booking online and I provided my flight number. Time for pick up my car is set up automaticly good half hour before scheduled landing time.

I don't wanna making bad name or anything like that for any company I have bussines myself but I like to be treated with fearnes and honesty but in this situation I feel inside me this is not right because people are put in situations like this in foreign countries. This is last thing on your holiday what you want to feel anger and frustration which is they spoiled my holiday and Christmas.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:48 am

Can someone explain to me why a local resident pickup can not drive out of the state without per mileage fees? That is what I was told at the ATL airport location. The rep told me you track the cars and will charge me either .15c or .50c a mile. I had never heard of that but she said the rule was in place since July. Since, I wanted to drive to AL I had to use another company.

Anyone from Sixt care to comment?

Last edited by mike929; Jan 5, 2017 at 11:34 am
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:31 pm

Would Sixt allow a one-way rental on a BMW M2 or a Merc A45 AMG? It doesn't show up as available on the website, but both the locations I am looking at driving between (FRA and MUC) rent both types of vehicles, so surely this could be accommodated?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles Member, Global Entry,AA Gold
Booked a rental for MCO on Memorial Day Weekend for a LFAR. What Kind of suv can we expect ?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Does anyone know what an LFAR in Iceland/KEF would be? Land Cruisers seem popular there, so something like that? I'd be happy with any 6+ seat vehicle to be honest, but Sixt at KEF don't seem to offer any People Carrier types, other than FVMN - a van with windows, no thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:00 am

Dear All,
I have the leaders club membership which gives me sixt platinum status. My question is how do i get my existing sixt account upgraded to platinum status?
thank you all for your time.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:09 am

Dear All-
I was not able to locate the wiki / thread that lists sequence of vehicle category class from lowest to highest.
I would like to rent in the USA, possibly score a 2 class upgrade.

if I rent SCAR (corolla, jetta) what is the 2 class upgrade be?
if i want the upgrade to land in class PCAR, what class do i need to make reservation in?
if i want the upgrade to land in class LCAR, what class do i need to make reservation in?
if i want the upgrade to land in class PFAR, what class do i need to make reservation in?
if i want the upgrade to land in class XFAR, what class do i need to make reservation in?
if i want the upgrade to land in class XJAN, what class do i need to make reservation in?

Thank you for your help.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:13 pm

How much does it cost to upgrade to S550 if I have LCAR reservation?

And how can I go to Indianapolis location if I flew to IND?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:45 am

My main question is as follows: do Sixt reps even come here anymore? PMs aren't being returned, e-mails as well.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by highlanderfil
My main question is as follows: do Sixt reps even come here anymore? PMs aren't being returned, e-mails as well.
Same experience for me too -- I think Gary (the OP of this thread) has left Sixt, at least based on his LinkedIn. No responses from other reps either, so maybe it's a corporate decision not to participate on FT any more. Which is a shame since the Sixt reps were extremely helpful before, one of the best "official" posters on FT, IMO.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Same experience for me too -- I think Gary (the OP of this thread) has left Sixt, at least based on his LinkedIn. No responses from other reps either, so maybe it's a corporate decision not to participate on FT any more. Which is a shame since the Sixt reps were extremely helpful before, one of the best "official" posters on FT, IMO.
Yeah...I really need a question answered and their regular e-mail line is just about useless when it comes to non-standard situations (special car categories). Was hoping I'd get some joy here but nope.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
They used to be great at responding on here but perhaps there has been a policy or staff change?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.