Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2016, 11:11 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Jeff_
I understand, but this is non sens for just few hours, I can do it with Hertz with no issues. Anyway, I went to the office and asked about if this really need a change in the booking. The agent told me no, He just put a note on the booking and change the hour, he told me that I can only be done at the office.
I thought it was an interesting question. Yes Sixt is clear about prepaid rates but you are still contracting the car for the same period (2 days). That you are not changing.

Surely picking a pick up time mainly serves to help Sixt manage their resources. What would happen if you booked a flight MIA LHR MAD and told Sixt you were arriving at midday, only to have the MIA LHR flight cancelled and get routed direct thus arriving 3 hours earlier?

I'd be interested in hearing what Gary has to say, and I'd also like to know what would happen if you just turned up early and said "hmmm they changed my flights" Would Sixt make you stand there for 3 hours until your selected pick up time arrives?

If Sixt were to be strict about changes to pick up time for such bookings when the dates and rental period are not changing, then why would we not all add 4 or 6 hours wiggle room each end of our prepaid reservations?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 1:44 am

Programs: Aegean *G
Ensuring 4WD when renting in Garching or Munich

Can anyone tell me if there is a specific rental category I can select when renting in either Garching or Munich (Germany) which would ensure that I get a car with 4 wheel drive ?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:26 am

Hi, how can I add my past reservations to my Sixt account? I have three rentals that are not showed in "my sixt" area.

Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Rentals in DAR say "with driver", however I want to rent 4 days, and I don't need a driver. How can I rent a car without a driver?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
let see if any of the sixt reps here can help:

I just have my first rental with SIXT and it was an absolutely disgusting experience.

Picked up the car at EDI Airport through a corporate rental, this was my first time with SIXT since we have contracts with AVIS everywhere else, so I was not sure what to expect. I was given a Infiniti Q30 as a downgrade because my rented car (an A4) was not available, and I would have to pay to get a bigger car.

I went over the car and it was spotless, no issues. I did however see that the wheels (rims) had curve damage, but thought nothing of it, as after all it's a rental car and they always have damage there. The wheels were good, so I was off.

Upon return, I'm left standing in the rain for a good 10 minutes while someone checks the car, and then leaves without saying anything. I follow her back to the little dump of an office they have outside and ask her for my receipt. To which she turns around and says to sign on the machine, to which I inquire what the signature is for? She says there is damage to one of the wheels and I am responsible for it, so to please sign so she could give me my receipt.

I absolutely deny causing damage and ask her to show me, to which she shows the curb damage on the wheel and I tell her it was already there. She says it wasn't reported so I am responsible for it. I explain that its a rental car, and that all of them have them (and point to the A4 next to the car to show it has them) and she says that's not my case and I need to sign. I refuse to, to which she says ok but says she can't give me my receipt then? Seriously?

I ask for her manager, and she tells me he has already left and could come back Monday (RIGHT, I was about to leave EDI). And so I ask for someone else, she sends me to the main counter to speak to someone and when I was grabbing my paperwork I tell her that she should note she is trying to scam a company and not me as a renter, and that I would bring this up to Corp Travel as it was obviously a cham to lay it on me. To which she says don't care sir, but you're welcome! Bye! <- WOW

I go inside, the guy I was supposed to talk to is not there, but I find the guy who gave me the car initially. I show him pictures of the car I took at the McDonalds outside the airport with the date and time encrypted showing the damage to which he says "dont worry mate, you have corp insurance, they'll pay for it, just let it go".

About to lose my flight, I tell him that I might have insurance, but I won't let my corp be scammed for it and leave.

Worst Customer Service ever, absolutely disgusted.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:42 pm

Smile ILAR Fleet at Heathrow?

Hi - I have a reservation at Heathrow next week for an ILAR. What cars are in the ILAR fleet at LHR?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Ally C. Evans
Hi - I have a reservation at Heathrow next week for an ILAR. What cars are in the ILAR fleet at LHR?
Hi Ally, I asked the same question and didn't receive a reply yet. So if you too don't receive a response before you actually rent, I would highly appreciate your own personal feedback after you see the cars there!

Thanks
Old Aug 21, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Bonvoy Platinum
Hi Sixt,

Is there anyway to rent an XFAR at Dijon, France? I have an XDAR reserved but am worried that it will not be large enough for our luggage.

If there is indeed no way possible to rent an XFAR, would you be able to inform me of which of the XDAR cars listed are most likely? Each of the vehicles listed has a wide range of trunk/cargo capacity.

Thank you!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: AA, BA, UAL, NZ, QF, LH, SPG, IHG, HH, Marriott etc etc
Are all the sixt customer service team on flyertalk on holiday at present?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by joelfreak
Rentals in DAR say "with driver", however I want to rent 4 days, and I don't need a driver. How can I rent a car without a driver?
In some markets, Sixt won't rent self-drive cars.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Silver
Extending rental period

Looking to extend my rental by 2 days. I would just cancel my original booking and rebook, but the category I booked in is not available. I don't want to hit the rebook option not knowing if it ends my current booking. Pick up and drop off, while at different locations, do not change, just the return date. Looking for advice! Thanks!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by clkc86
Looking to extend my rental by 2 days. I would just cancel my original booking and rebook, but the category I booked in is not available. I don't want to hit the rebook option not knowing if it ends my current booking. Pick up and drop off, while at different locations, do not change, just the return date. Looking for advice! Thanks!
Call them up!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Call them up!
But then I'd have to actually talk to people. Geesh!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: Delta, AirTran, Marriott, Starwood, Hilton
Sixt Monthly Rental Atlanta

Hi,
I had a great monthly rental in Atlanta in April and am returnng for 2 months in November. I haven't see any monthly specials for the last month and am subscribed to the newsletter. Any thoughts?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by uktraveller212
Hi Ally, I asked the same question and didn't receive a reply yet. So if you too don't receive a response before you actually rent, I would highly appreciate your own personal feedback after you see the cars there!

Thanks
I actually decided to cancel my reservation because the Mercedes A Class is one of the only cars that my primary credit card insurance doesn't cover, so without knowing that I might be able to get another car in that class (and validate that it would be covered), I've booked a B Class at Europcar instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.