Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi

Could you send me a private message with you reservation number, email address and the original message and ill get someone to take a look.

Kind Regards,
Anneka
Any update ?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
For my trip from Katakaloo (Greece) to Madrid why did you guys decide to upcharge me an additional by just sending me a random confirmation for 25 euros more after we had a confirmed reservation?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:56 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Originally Posted by trustno1
Hi Xiaotung.

Thank you for your response. I thought I got stung but you certainly came out worse. The thing is......I think what Sixt is doing is anti-customer and would certainly make me think twice about booking with them again. I would like to hear from the sixt rep on this site.

Thanks

Mark
Hi Sixt.

Is there any chance you could respond? I was asked by PM to send my rental details to Sixt but I have not heard anything back. Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:53 am

Dear All
Good day,

I have booked a LDAR at Paris-France (check-in Friday 29/07/2016)
What kind of model may i expect?
Thanks in advance
Edit : I hope they don't have any 525 but at least 530 or e350

Last edited by linebacker; Jul 27, 2016 at 10:03 am Reason: Precise
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:04 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi

Could you send me your reservation number and email address in a private message and we can find out for you.

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by linebacker
Dear All
Good day,

I have booked a LDAR at Paris-France (check-in Friday 29/07/2016)
What kind of model may i expect?
Thanks in advance
Edit : I hope they don't have any 525 but at least 530 or e350
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:05 am

Hi Amil,

Could you please send me your reservation number and email address in a private message and ill get someone to take a look.

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by Amil
For my trip from Katakaloo (Greece) to Madrid why did you guys decide to upcharge me an additional by just sending me a random confirmation for 25 euros more after we had a confirmed reservation?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: Starwood
Platinum double upgrade

Hi! Curious exactly how the double upgrade works. Does it stay within vehicle type? I.e. Does LCAR go up two sedans = XCAR counting as "1" and XDAR or XLAL being the next? Or does it work some other way? Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:37 am

Hi

The upgrade should be for another category like a double upgrade from economy to intermediate (ECMR to IDMR). But this always depends on availability at the branch.

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by golfertig
Hi! Curious exactly how the double upgrade works. Does it stay within vehicle type? I.e. Does LCAR go up two sedans = XCAR counting as "1" and XDAR or XLAL being the next? Or does it work some other way? Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: Starwood
Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi

The upgrade should be for another category like a double upgrade from economy to intermediate (ECMR to IDMR). But this always depends on availability at the branch.

Kind Regards,
Anneka
Can you please explain? My question was if the double upgrade stays within sedans, i.e. Will I be upgraded from sedan to two levels of sedan higher, for example, if I book XCAR, will I be eligible for XDAR or does it get stuck in middle by some random SUV? Thank you. (And yes, subject to availability).
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:52 am

That is correct if you book a XCAR you will be eligible for a XDAR with a double upgrade. However if that is unavailable at the branch you will receive a similar sized car.

Originally Posted by golfertig
Can you please explain? My question was if the double upgrade stays within sedans, i.e. Will I be upgraded from sedan to two levels of sedan higher, for example, if I book XCAR, will I be eligible for XDAR or does it get stuck in middle by some random SUV? Thank you. (And yes, subject to availability).
Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: M&M, FB, Exec Club, SPG
Dear Sixt,

I rented a car with Sixt at Dublin Airport last week.

Rather than getting a Group A, I booked a Group C ("VW Golf or equivalent") car since I was going to be covering quite a bit of distance on the motorway and wanted something solid and safe.

You gave me a Dacia Sandero Stepway. On what planet is a Dacia a "VW Golf equivalent"? It is a car designed to be as cheap as possible (and its manufacturer is clear and unapologetic about that). It has no air conditioning, no adjustable steering wheel, a gearchange apparently made of chewing gum and (of greatest concern) an NCAP crash safety rating of only 3 stars.

This wasn't a downgrade - your (otherwise friendly and helpful) staff explained that Sixt considers a Dacia Sandero to be a Group C car, and that they unfortunately had no alternatives available.

How can you justify this? I would understand and completely accept an Opel, Ford, Nissan, Hyundai etc., but not a specifically low-spec budget brand. This seems like senseless cost-cutting. A wise former airline CEO said about cost-cutting, "you can make the pizza so cheap that no-one wants to buy it" and that's what you have now done, at least for this customer. I don't see any reason to rent from you again.

Best regards
Bluestar
Old Aug 1, 2016, 2:42 am

Hi Bluestar,

I'm sorry to hear your recent rental experience with us wasn't a positive one. Please could you provide me your reservation number and email address in a private message and ill get someone to take a look.

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by Bluestar
Dear Sixt,

I rented a car with Sixt at Dublin Airport last week.

Rather than getting a Group A, I booked a Group C ("VW Golf or equivalent") car since I was going to be covering quite a bit of distance on the motorway and wanted something solid and safe.

You gave me a Dacia Sandero Stepway. On what planet is a Dacia a "VW Golf equivalent"? It is a car designed to be as cheap as possible (and its manufacturer is clear and unapologetic about that). It has no air conditioning, no adjustable steering wheel, a gearchange apparently made of chewing gum and (of greatest concern) an NCAP crash safety rating of only 3 stars.

This wasn't a downgrade - your (otherwise friendly and helpful) staff explained that Sixt considers a Dacia Sandero to be a Group C car, and that they unfortunately had no alternatives available.

How can you justify this? I would understand and completely accept an Opel, Ford, Nissan, Hyundai etc., but not a specifically low-spec budget brand. This seems like senseless cost-cutting. A wise former airline CEO said about cost-cutting, "you can make the pizza so cheap that no-one wants to buy it" and that's what you have now done, at least for this customer. I don't see any reason to rent from you again.

Best regards
Bluestar
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:30 pm

Gary,

I'll be travelling to LAS on Sept 15 for approx. 6 days or so.

Is it possible to get an exact listing of what cars are available? I had a bmw 3xx series that had the stop/go motor at stop lights.....something in that range would be good to have.....

Also to get the best rates, is one able to stack AAA AND ABNSAVE discounts on Sixt rent-a-car?

TIA.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:22 am

Hi Tia,

Sorry we can't give out exact listings of the cars available as they change daily. But if there is a model you would prefer I can put a note on your reservation to improve your chances of getting your desired model if you send me your reservation number via private message.

Sorry you can't attach two discounts to the same rental

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by QuesoDeCan
Gary,

I'll be travelling to LAS on Sept 15 for approx. 6 days or so.

Is it possible to get an exact listing of what cars are available? I had a bmw 3xx series that had the stop/go motor at stop lights.....something in that range would be good to have.....

Also to get the best rates, is one able to stack AAA AND ABNSAVE discounts on Sixt rent-a-car?

TIA.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 3:07 pm

I have a rental coming up on Saturday out of SFO, my first rental with Sixt.

I booked an LCAR. Do you happen to know what model years I can expect? If I can get a 2016 A4 I would prefer that but if its only 2015 I think I would rather go with the C300.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.