Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: BAEC,Avis Preferred. Hilton Silver, Tesco Super Dooper Platinum.
Got 2 rentals coming up from Budapest.One for a van and the other a car.
Does anybody know if these will come with the e-vignette?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by richwyo
I've rented Sixt/MCO twice, and experiences were good. Be careful of the pickup location, as of last January (my last rental there) they were still texting out the wrong pickup area. Staff was good, no problem getting my platinum upgrades, and while the cars aren't perfect (typical dings to doors etc.) they've been in good running condition.
I hired with alamo last year in MCO and the quality of the cars and service was outstanding, albeit for a premium in comparison to Sixt.

I'm planning on doing a lot of driving, and some of the horror stories I've read review wise only makes me wish I just stuck with alamo in the first place.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:12 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum
Sixt MAN Airport

Hi Gary,

Would you be able to tell me what the actual Fleet the Manchester Airport Branch has in the FDAR catagory, if i was to book for 2 weeks rental in August.

Im Just interested what kind of models they currently have on Fleet there in that category....

Regards,
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:50 am

When will the premium sedan/Luxury SUV special start for End of July rental?

Looks like all current specials only runs until June 30th rental which is only about a week left.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:11 pm

Hi Gary. Is Amex Premium Car Rental actually unknown to Sixt? I have used it for more than ten years with Hertz, Alamo, Enterprise and Avis. Mostly the first two. In all that time I have never had it questioned, much less rejected. What should I have done differently?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 8:22 am

Does anyone know where I can status match my National Emerald Executive status to Sixt?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:57 pm

I am renting a premium car at Orly in Paris next week and returning it later to NUE in Germany. When I prepaid the car with my Amex Platinum card I read about the security deposit which could be 3 times as much as the rental. That is quite a deposit, but my question is what determines if you get nailed for 3 times the value of the rental or you luck out and get something less?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:55 pm

I have a quick question I was trying to book using my Amex coupon code, but I came across this and is not making much sense to me:
Vehicle Subtotal:US$ 203.25
Taxes:US$ 18.29
Total price incl. taxes:US$ 221.54
Coupons: - US$ 44.31
Total: US$ 177.23 **
US$ 203.25**Actual amount payable

So, if total price including taxes is $221.54, and total US$ after discount is $177.23, why is Actual amount payable $25 more? Where did $25 come from?

In another words, when is "total" not a "total"?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:49 am

When I signed up for Sixt I got an email saying I'd need to show my documents at a Sixt location to complete registration. The on-line system claimed it accepted Hertz Gold president's circle but wouldn't register it either. When I turned up at Sixt at Edinburgh airpoty (EDI/EGPH) the staff claimed to know nothing about any of this. Probably the worst experience I have ever had with a car rental company outside of picking up a "free" fly-drive car at Orlando around 1995 (fortunately I was expecting the bait and switch and had mad other plans).

I note a lot of questions here and precious few answers. My opinion of Sixt is going from bad to worse. Very flashy but actually all about deceptive practices. Unless maybe you can nail them to the wall?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 1:39 pm

What no Sixt any more? I guess I will check back from time to time, just to see if anything happens. But the lack of response is pretty damning from my perspective.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:01 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi

Could you send me a private message with your reservation number and email address and i'll get someone to take a look.

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by HelFin1
Hi Gary,

Would you be able to tell me what the actual Fleet the Manchester Airport Branch has in the FDAR catagory, if i was to book for 2 weeks rental in August.

Im Just interested what kind of models they currently have on Fleet there in that category....

Regards,
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:04 am

Hi

Could you send me your reservation number and email address in a private message and ill get someone to take a look

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by hpark21
I have a quick question I was trying to book using my Amex coupon code, but I came across this and is not making much sense to me:
Vehicle Subtotal:US$ 203.25
Taxes:US$ 18.29
Total price incl. taxes:US$ 221.54
Coupons: - US$ 44.31
Total: US$ 177.23 **
US$ 203.25**Actual amount payable

So, if total price including taxes is $221.54, and total US$ after discount is $177.23, why is Actual amount payable $25 more? Where did $25 come from?

In another words, when is "total" not a "total"?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:06 am

Hi

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us, could you send me your email address and reservation number in a private message and ill get someone to take a look.

Kind Regards,
Anneka

Originally Posted by cageordie
When I signed up for Sixt I got an email saying I'd need to show my documents at a Sixt location to complete registration. The on-line system claimed it accepted Hertz Gold president's circle but wouldn't register it either. When I turned up at Sixt at Edinburgh airpoty (EDI/EGPH) the staff claimed to know nothing about any of this. Probably the worst experience I have ever had with a car rental company outside of picking up a "free" fly-drive car at Orlando around 1995 (fortunately I was expecting the bait and switch and had mad other plans).

I note a lot of questions here and precious few answers. My opinion of Sixt is going from bad to worse. Very flashy but actually all about deceptive practices. Unless maybe you can nail them to the wall?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:09 am

Hi

Could you send your status match to [email protected]

Thank you
Anneka

Originally Posted by Schweden
Does anyone know where I can status match my National Emerald Executive status to Sixt?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:03 am

What are the fleet options for LDAR & PDMR at Berlin Tegel with drop off at Frankfurt Airport? With pickup & return from Frankfurt Airport?

Thanks! Fantastic service you're offering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.