Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 10:50 am

I am looking into renting a car with Sixt in Amsterdam. What does "* Prices exclusive statutory taxes" mean. Is there an additional fee on top of the total shown?
Old May 13, 2016, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Mo2vate
This is our first time renting with Sixt in Europe and also first time driving in France. I should add that we plan to take a road trip through Bavaria, Lake Como ending in Cannes. We've rented from Sixt in the USA several times with good results.

1. Any general advice from 'well seasoned' travelers?
[...]
3. Any 'perils and pitfalls' to be aware of either in the rental process or road trip?
Mainly this:
Originally Posted by beltway
Just came back from France & received an email from Sixt with an invoice showing--you guessed it--that "the cardholder chose to effectuate payment in USD" with a 3% fee. If I "chose" DCC, it was buried in a mountain of fine print on the rental agreement. I certainly didn't choose it knowingly or willingly.

Bottom line: beware, beware, beware. If you rent from Sixt, be certain to ask at pickup whether they're "offering" DCC (and if so, to opt out).
I should add that the DCC selection was indeed noted in the long printout I signed (but did not read) when picking up the car, but at no point did the desk clerk remark on it. To his credit, the Sixt rep on FT fixed this after I sent a PM.
Old May 13, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, UA
Thanks. I had to look that up but I get the caution about DCC - dynamic currency conversion and how that can end up costing a lot more. I will ask for the charges to be placed on my CC in Euros and decline 'DCC'.

Last edited by Mo2vate; May 13, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Old May 13, 2016, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
LAX oversold on PCAR

Picked up a car at LAX today. Had a PCAR booked but all they available that they'd give to us was a Camry (downgrade, obviously) or a Grand Cherokee (which we took which was an SFAR on the reservation (not even on the contract). There were other cars, supposedly part of the dream collection, that they would not give without paying extra.

What will Sixt do to make it right?
Old May 16, 2016, 4:38 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi Kathyds,

If you could send me the details of your booking along with your email address in a private message I can get someone to take a look.

Thanks!
Old May 16, 2016, 10:57 am

LWAR deposit amount

Hi SIXT! How much will be the deposit for LWAR category approximately? Two or three times of total rental amount? I'm going to get BMW 525/530 Touring*NAVI* or similar in Munich airport on Wednesday. Total rental amount is €675, and I wonder how much I should charge my gold MasterCard used as payment method.

Thanks in advance,
Gena
Old May 18, 2016, 10:11 pm

I'm new to Sixt rentals. I was going to book online for a 16 day rental from Seattle to San Francisco but saw the terminology "Prices exlcusive statutory taxes" next to the total price. I called the US customer service line, but they had no idea what I was referring to. Any assistance on whether there will be additional charges and what this means would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old May 19, 2016, 6:21 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Deposit

Hi

The reservations team will be glad to give you further information here and will be able to best advise. :-) Please call 08444 993399 or email to [email protected]

Thanks
Anneka

Originally Posted by Gena Taxelman
Hi SIXT! How much will be the deposit for LWAR category approximately? Two or three times of total rental amount? I'm going to get BMW 525/530 Touring*NAVI* or similar in Munich airport on Wednesday. Total rental amount is €675, and I wonder how much I should charge my gold MasterCard used as payment method.

Thanks in advance,
Gena
Old May 21, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Hi

Do all Mercedes C classes at PHX come with NAV standard?

Also, with Platinum status can I expect any type of upgrade possibility?

Thank you.
Old May 21, 2016, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by troyb
Hi

Thank you.
Are you wanting NAV for Phoenix area? I only ask because I live in the area and it has to be one of the easiest cities in the world to drive. It's almost entirely a grid and near impossible to get turned around in.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Sinurgy
Are you wanting NAV for Phoenix area? I only ask because I live in the area and it has to be one of the easiest cities in the world to drive. It's almost entirely a grid and near impossible to get turned around in.
We'll be out of the city mostly so that's part of the reason. Plus I'm lazy and like to set and forget the GPS when on vacation.
Old May 22, 2016, 3:44 pm

Is it possible to do express pick-up with Sixt at Lisbon Airport please?

When I go to "complete data" in My Sixt I get an error "Unfortunately, our Online-Check-In service is not yet available in your selected country."

Does this mean no Express Pick-up in Portugal?
Old May 23, 2016, 2:20 pm

We are looking to rent from SIXT in lisbon portugal from may 30 through june 13th. i have a gold card, but not sure if that gets me anything.

i see you have both lisbon airport and off airport location just a couple miles away; any difference between the two regarding car selection etc? we will be coming from lisbon so easy to get to either.

which should we rent from?

thanks
Old May 25, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
I have a question here... I plan to rent an LDAR or LDMR thru Sixt Autovermietung in Tegel Airport (Berlin, Germany). The car is a BMW 520d or 530d in the LDAR class.

According to Sixt restrictions, it clearly says BMW is allowed to enter only in Zone 1 countries (western Europe) in addition to L*** group in Poland and the Czech Republic.

Since the BMW 520d is in LDAR group, it is allowed in the Czech Republic. Now if I get upgraded to a BMW 730d which is in XDAR group (and obviously not allowed in the Czech Republic), is the restriction based on the car itself which is XDAR or the original contract which is LDAR?
Old May 26, 2016, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by troyb
Hi

Thank you.
Just wanted to follow up on this - anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.