Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
You can reserve a category but not a specific car. We have Golf GTI and MB A-Class(CPMR), but it is not possible to reserve a car with aut. in this size.
Most of the car have nav. and some have leather, but not all. You can reserve a car with a navigation system but not a car with leather.

Suggestion: you can put on a pair of leather trousers
Didnt see your reply!
Thank you for this though.
Very good to know, Id be pretty happy with either of those cars, hoping the one I get has satnav and leather! And one of the better petrol engines.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 3:42 am

I promise you won't get any of these 2.

Sixt doesnt have A250
Sixt has probably 10 GTI in Germany out of thousands in this class. so you can calculate the probability of getting one.

expect an 114i/116i and everything on top of that is bonus. because 114i/116i is what you booked, not more than that.

satnav is possible, leather very very unlikely.

what you are requiring is standard for LDAR. maybe you should change your booking and stop dreaming
Old Mar 18, 2013, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by sixtisbest
I promise you won't get any of these 2.

Sixt doesnt have A250
Sixt has probably 10 GTI in Germany out of thousands in this class. so you can calculate the probability of getting one.

expect an 114i/116i and everything on top of that is bonus. because 114i/116i is what you booked, not more than that.

satnav is possible, leather very very unlikely.

what you are requiring is standard for LDAR. maybe you should change your booking and stop dreaming
What cars are usually available for LDAR? I dont really want something as big as a 5GT.
Also, I believe Gary said above that the Frankfurt location doesnt have BMWs.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:04 am

without checking, I cannot believe that Gary would say something like that.

LDAR is 525d and higher engines. or Audi A6 3.0tdi
530d GT or higher could also be possible.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:24 am

I currently have a car booked from Manchester in the PDAR catagory. I am awaiting flights from my company and I had aticipated an arrival time in the UK of 11am, however it looks like I may arrive on an earlier flight.

For example my car is booked for 12pm on 1st to 7pm on 7th April. I may need to pick the car up at 930am. If I try to change my booking on the web im hit with extra charges as the rate has changed since I booked. Is it possible to email you (Gary) to have my time changed without being hit with extra charges. My rental period (8 days) has not changed just the time of pick up.

On a side note to this how much earlier or later is accepted to turn up for a booking without penalty.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 5:03 pm

Have a two week rental in September out of and back to LHR. Have booked FWAR. Does anyone know the car group of the Subaru Forester and if I am in danger of getting one? Had two of them recently and really want to avoid this car. Hope that FWAR should give me something more "premium" than that...
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:50 pm

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Club Carlson discount

I am looking to rent a car at MUC airport in June for 10 days. We plan on driving to Prague and Vienna and returning back to MUC.
I noticed on Sixt website on Club Carlson partner page http://www.sixt.com/further-informat...hotels-resorts the following promos:

Sixt - Club Carlson special discounts
• up to 10% discout: Red Elite members*
• up to 10% discout: Silver Elite members*
• up to 15% discout: Gold Elite members*

Special
• Collection of Gold Points or airline miles with every Sixt car rental worldwide
• Free delivery of the Sixt car to selected Radisson Hotels & Resorts
• Free upgrade for Gold Elite members (upon availability)

I am Gold Elite with Club Carlson and would like to take advantage of these discounts. Can someone tell me how to book these rates?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 2:42 am

Gary needs to put the CDP behind your sixt express card
Old Mar 21, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kpoxa
I am looking to rent a car at MUC airport in June for 10 days. We plan on driving to Prague and Vienna and returning back to MUC.
I noticed on Sixt website on Club Carlson partner page http://www.sixt.com/further-informat...hotels-resorts the following promos:

Sixt - Club Carlson special discounts
• up to 10% discout: Red Elite members*
• up to 10% discout: Silver Elite members*
• up to 15% discout: Gold Elite members*

Special
• Collection of Gold Points or airline miles with every Sixt car rental worldwide
• Free delivery of the Sixt car to selected Radisson Hotels & Resorts
• Free upgrade for Gold Elite members (upon availability)

I am Gold Elite with Club Carlson and would like to take advantage of these discounts. Can someone tell me how to book these rates?
You should first get Sixt Plat Card there : http://partner.sixt.de/index.php?id=4368&L=0

However, the site doesn't work

This is the link for AF/KLM FB Platinum. https://www.sixt.com/php/cards?cd=9812074.
For some reason, the link corrected for Hotels send to express cards registration instead of Platinum...

If I were you I would go to the link https://www.sixt.com/php/cards?cd=9812074 and input 9815830 as CD and do the registration.

Then you'll be Sixt Platinum and will be able to rent cars at the Club Carlson Gold Elite Rate.

CD list :

798951 | Aeromexico / Club Premier">Aeromexico / Club Premier
798951 | Aigle Azur Azur Plus Infini">Aigle Azur Azur Plus Infini
9812074 | Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum">Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
9902045 | Air Dolomiti Miles & More Senator">Air Dolomiti Miles & More Senator
9812074 | Air Europa Flying Blue Platinum">Air Europa Flying Blue Platinum
798951 | Air Malta Flypass Diamond">Air Malta Flypass Diamond
9844453 | airBaltic BalticMiles VIP">airBaltic BalticMiles VIP
9958611 | Airberlin topbonus Gold">Airberlin topbonus Gold
9902045 | Austrian Airlines Miles & More Senator">Austrian Airlines Miles & More Senator
798951 | Avianca - Taca LifeMiles Gold and Diamond">Avianca - Taca LifeMiles Gold and Diamond
9902943 | bahn.comfort">bahn.comfort
9983949 | Best Western Rewards Diamond">Best Western Rewards Diamond
798951 | CSA OK Plus Gold & Platinum">CSA OK Plus Gold & Platinum
798951 | China Airlines Dynasty Emerald & Paragon">China Airlines Dynasty Emerald & Paragon
9815830 | Club Carlson Gold Elite">Club Carlson Gold Elite
9902045 | Condor Miles & More Senator">Condor Miles & More Senator
798951 | Continental OnePass Platinum Elite">Continental OnePass Platinum Elite
798951 | Delta SkyMiles Gold & Platinum">Delta SkyMiles Gold & Platinum
798951 | EgyptAir Plus Gold">EgyptAir Plus Gold
798951 | El Al Matmid Frequent Flyer Platinum">El Al Matmid Frequent Flyer Platinum
798951 | Emirates Skywards Gold">Emirates Skywards Gold
9950668 | Estonian Air EuroBonus Gold">Estonian Air EuroBonus Gold
798951 | Ethiopian Airlines ShebaMiles Gold">Ethiopian Airlines ShebaMiles Gold
798951 | Etihad Airways Gold">Etihad Airways Gold
9829600 | GHA Discovery Black Card ">GHA Discovery Black Card
798951 | GOL/VARIG SMILES DIAMOND">GOL/VARIG SMILES DIAMOND
798951 | Gulf Air Frequent Flyer Gold">Gulf Air Frequent Flyer Gold
9815818 | Hilton HHonors Diamond">Hilton HHonors Diamond
9815822 | Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond">Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
9842886 | Iberia Plus">Iberia Plus
798951 | Icelandair SAGA Club Gold">Icelandair SAGA Club Gold
9989627 | Kingfisher Airlines King Club Gold">Kingfisher Airlines King Club Gold
798951 | Kuwait Airways Oasis Club Gold">Kuwait Airways Oasis Club Gold
798951 | LANPASS Comodoro">LANPASS Comodoro
9928758 | Leaders Club">Leaders Club
9902045 | Lufthansa Miles & More Senator" selected="selected">Lufthansa Miles & More Senator
9815827 | Marriott Rewards Diamond Elite">Marriott Rewards Diamond Elite
798951 | Montenegro Airlines Vision Team Gold">Montenegro Airlines Vision Team Gold
798951 | Oman Air Sindbad Gold">Oman Air Sindbad Gold
798951 | Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold">Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold
9994130 | Regus BusinessWorld Platinum">Regus BusinessWorld Platinum
798951 | Royal Brunei Royal Skies Gold">Royal Brunei Royal Skies Gold
9817510 | S7 Airlines Priority Gold & Platinum">S7 Airlines Priority Gold & Platinum
9950668 | SAS EuroBonus Gold">SAS EuroBonus Gold
798951 | SATA Imagine Gold">SATA Imagine Gold
9815833 | SPG Platinum Preferred">SPG Platinum Preferred
798951 | Saudi Airlines Alfursan Gold">Saudi Airlines Alfursan Gold
9826393 | Sunmiles elite">Sunmiles elite
798950 | TAM Fidelidade Vermelho">TAM Fidelidade Vermelho
9902194 | TAP Victoria Gold Winner">TAP Victoria Gold Winner
798951 | Transaero Privilege Gold">Transaero Privilege Gold
798951 | Tunisair Fidelys Gold">Tunisair Fidelys Gold
9967782 | Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite & Elite Plus">Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite & Elite Plus
798951 | US Airways Dividend Miles Platinum & Chairman's Preferred">US Airways Dividend Miles Platinum & Chairman's Preferred
798951 | Ukraine International Panorame Club Premium">Ukraine International Panorame Club Premium
798951 | United Mileage Plus Premier Executive & 1k">United Mileage Plus Premier Executive & 1k
798951 | Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold">Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold
9960927 | Vodafone Stars Platin">Vodafone Stars Platin
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:10 am
Company Representative - Sixt
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by welch9
I currently have a car booked from Manchester in the PDAR catagory. I am awaiting flights from my company and I had aticipated an arrival time in the UK of 11am, however it looks like I may arrive on an earlier flight.

For example my car is booked for 12pm on 1st to 7pm on 7th April. I may need to pick the car up at 930am. If I try to change my booking on the web im hit with extra charges as the rate has changed since I booked. Is it possible to email you (Gary) to have my time changed without being hit with extra charges. My rental period (8 days) has not changed just the time of pick up.

On a side note to this how much earlier or later is accepted to turn up for a booking without penalty.
Hi Welch9, By changing the times you might very well attract a different daily rate. If you are not certain of your travel arranges, then I would no book pre paid, only the slightly more expensive flexible rate which can be changed without charges.

I will send my e-mail in a private message. Please send an e-mail to me and outline your requested changes.

If you your travel plans change then please do discuss this with your rental location, they will not hold your vehicle indefinitely and this is the same for a pre paid booking too.

Thanks, Gary
Old Mar 21, 2013, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by sixtisbest
without checking, I cannot believe that Gary would say something like that.

LDAR is 525d and higher engines. or Audi A6 3.0tdi
530d GT or higher could also be possible.
So what class would you recommend for me?
I really just want a sporty hatchback that has a bit of power, comfortable, and not too big.
I wouldnt want something as big as a 5 series GT.

Also question, what type of identification is required to pick up the car from the location?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Kpoxa
Be sure to tell the rental location that you are going to CZ. You may also make a note by the time of booking, and I would contact the station a few days before your trip again, and again mention it at the counter. Not all models and brands are allowed to be driven into CZ.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 8:15 am

aaps59: then SSMR is what you are looking for. that should be an audi TT or VW scirocco

(but they are so expensive that one usually takes LDAR instead )

identification is written on the homepage when you make the reservation
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: SkyMiles, EuroBonus
Hi Gary,

I have a confirmed Sixt rental (through cartrawler) for a CLAR at Copenhagen airport in mid May. What vehicle am I likely to get? I've seen both a Citroen C4 and a Renault Megane mentioned. I thought you might have more info because I had to wait for Sixt to confirm they could have a CLAR as it is not normally available.

Thanks!
Joe
Old Mar 22, 2013, 1:31 pm

7weeks from now on...

almost a lifetime in car rental history

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.