Sixt - Any Questions?

Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
If you log on to mySixt, near the bottom is a link to check miles given. My last miles were credited on 20th Sept but only showed om my airline account yesterday. So it may well be the airline being slow
Old Oct 15, 2010, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by ninjalad
If you log on to mySixt, near the bottom is a link to check miles given. My last miles were credited on 20th Sept but only showed om my airline account yesterday. So it may well be the airline being slow
I don't have a MySixt account, I was a first time user and linked directly from the US Airways site to get partner credit.

Does Sixt post in weekly/monthly batches?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 4:57 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
The times that I have rented the miles have been credited at the end of the rental, it has then taken the airline some weeks to register this though my Flying Blue account shows the original date that the miles were credited. Maybe you should give it a little longer before chasing things up
Old Oct 20, 2010, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Just posted today to US so here's a data point for others to consider.

9/19/2010 10/20/10 SIXT RENT A CAR 500
Old Oct 21, 2010, 1:12 pm

Hi Gary and Per,

firstly I would like to explain that I really appreciate that you help customers here in an open form. This is really surprising to me as I am not used to that from the German customer service from Sixt.

As I could see that even for foreign countries you are able to help, here is my question.

you are stating in your post that the new price system includes up to 15% discount for platinum and up to 20% for diamonds on the internet rate.

Can you give me any example, be it weekend, extended weekend or a whole week, where this is or ever has been true for rentals in Germany?
the experience since April is that Platinum get 10% and Diamond 15%, sometimes a bit less - depending on the booking situation, which is understandable to me.

However, I would like to understand why there is not a single opportunity to get 15% for platinum/20% for diamond.

Kind regards
Old Oct 26, 2010, 1:18 am
Company Representative - Sixt
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by sixtisbest
Hi Gary and Per,

firstly I would like to explain that I really appreciate that you help customers here in an open form. This is really surprising to me as I am not used to that from the German customer service from Sixt.

As I could see that even for foreign countries you are able to help, here is my question.

you are stating in your post that the new price system includes up to 15% discount for platinum and up to 20% for diamonds on the internet rate.

Can you give me any example, be it weekend, extended weekend or a whole week, where this is or ever has been true for rentals in Germany?
the experience since April is that Platinum get 10% and Diamond 15%, sometimes a bit less - depending on the booking situation, which is understandable to me.

However, I would like to understand why there is not a single opportunity to get 15% for platinum/20% for diamond.

Kind regards

The retail prices do flucturate according to the market. This is the key difference between the old and new discount structure. On the old system you would always obtain a set price. Now we can offer the best price.

I have contacted colleagues to check where the maximum discounts are available and will report back when I have received the information.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 12:31 pm

thanks for your reply, Gary.

I fully understand the new price system and I checked that for example in UK and the Netherlands it is possible to obtain 20% as Diamond and 15% as Platin. However, it has never been the case in Germany and I am wondering why.

It is actually quite easy to see when you book a car in Germany.
The standard rate has obviously no discount. then platin has W2U and Diamond has W3U. in 5% steps that means, 10% for platin, and 15% for Diamond.

but at least some time or station in the future it should be possible to get W4U as Diamond and W3U as platin.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 2:51 pm

As a month has passed by now, I take it, that the discount for Diamond is 15% and platin is 10% in Germany.

The description of 20% for Diamond and 15% for Platin is therefore simply incorrect.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sixtisbest
thanks for your reply, Gary.

I fully understand the new price system and I checked that for example in UK and the Netherlands it is possible to obtain 20% as Diamond and 15% as Platin. However, it has never been the case in Germany and I am wondering why.

It is actually quite easy to see when you book a car in Germany.
The standard rate has obviously no discount. then platin has W2U and Diamond has W3U. in 5% steps that means, 10% for platin, and 15% for Diamond.

but at least some time or station in the future it should be possible to get W4U as Diamond and W3U as platin.
Our Diamond Card customers are getting the best price in real terms, a larger discount which is better that the discount structure that was in place before.

Our system is similar of that of airlines and many other car rental companies. We operate a system with flexible rules dependant on demand and availability.

For our Diamond card customer, the best rates are available on line and are set several levels below the best available on line price ( Excluding promotions ). Our best discounts can be achieved if we have a relatively low demand. At the moment the demand in Germany is very high, but you can still achieve the discount several rate levels below the best available on line price and also receive upgrades that are essentially a further discount.

I too could not find an example, our branches can set rates levels for individual groups, days etc, But this can change tomorrow if demand is lower.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Hi,

I just booked a week rental in Geneva, using my Hilton HHonors Gold discount (corporate login). I have the following questions, if anyone can help!

1) My Hilton # was not recognised as a valid bonus program. Will I still get the 'first time booking' bonus of 2,500 points? I entered my # on the 'additional remarks section of the booking'.

2) I understand that my Gold HH status will enable me to get a Gold Sixt card. Will this give me less/the same/more discount than a booking simply made through the Hilton corporate login? In short, is there any benefit to my joining Sixt Gold, over and above what I experience through direct Hilton discount?

3) Does Gold Hilton or Gold Sixt entitle you to free upgrade?

4) Unrelated: if I am travelling in a group and I am booking one car, and we need a second, can I book the second car in my name, and get the associated benefits? Presumably all I would need to do is add a second driver of the second car, as I obviously can't drive two!? Is this allowed?

Thanks for any help!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I have answered your questions in the same order that you asked them. Please also refer to the link that you may find to contain useful information http://www.sixt.com/further-informat...ope-and-israel

1) My Hilton # was not recognised as a valid bonus program. Will I still get the 'first time booking' bonus of 2,500 points? I entered my # on the 'additional remarks section of the booking'.

We have amended your booking and forwarded a confirmation to you. The booking now contains the HH number that you mentioned in your reservation. The rate booked attracts airmiles and as your first rental you will earn the first time booking bonus.

2) I understand that my Gold HH status will enable me to get a Gold Sixt card. Will this give me less/the same/more discount than a booking simply made through the Hilton corporate login? In short, is there any benefit to my joining Sixt Gold, over and above what I experience through direct Hilton discount?

The main benefit of obtaining the Gold Sixt Express Card is to speed up the booking process either online or over the telephone. You can also check in online to enable an even quicker pick up. The rates for you will be the same. We can store the HH number on your Express Card so that we automatically include the correct number on your reservations with us.

3) Does Gold Hilton or Gold Sixt entitle you to free upgrade?

Our branch staff will always aim to upgrade any customer regardless of status, however with a Sixt Express Platinum card we will always try our very best to upgrade you as this is one of the benefits of the card. Unfortunately the Gold HH card does not qualify you for a Sixt Platinum card.

4) Unrelated: if I am travelling in a group and I am booking one car, and we need a second, can I book the second car in my name, and get the associated benefits? Presumably all I would need to do is add a second driver of the second car, as I obviously can't drive two!? Is this allowed?

There would be a requirement for you the credit card holder to be present on collection for both vehicles and the additional driver fee would be charged in the case of the 2nd rental.

I hope you have a great New Year.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:09 pm

Fleet Update

Hi Gary

It's been said before, but thanks again for making yourself available on this forum.

I recently read this press release on the Sixt website, which made me quite excited, being a BMW Fanboy:-

News Article

I am traveling to Germany (Munich) in late August/early September 2011 and will be hiring a car for just over 2 weeks. Is there any chance that these cars will start appearing by then?

Kind Regards

Paul

Last edited by hayespr; Dec 29, 2010 at 9:24 pm
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hayespr
Hi Gary

It's been said before, but thanks again for making yourself available on this forum.

I recently read this press release on the Sixt website, which made me quite excited, being a BMW Fanboy:-

News Article

I am traveling to Germany (Munich) in late August/early September 2011 and will be hiring a car for just over 2 weeks. Is there any chance that these cars will start appearing by then?

Kind Regards

Paul
I will check with my colleagues in Germany in order to provide a more detailed answer.

I'll be honest in that I don't have too much involvement in the Fleet side but I do get to hear about the new vehicles coming on Fleet. I am genuinely excited about the cars that we have already or that are currently in the pipeline, it is great for me to be working for a company that continues to invest in it's product and ultimately is associated with having the best quality and the best cars.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:21 am

Hi Gary,
I'm really glad I found you on this website 'cos I've been trying to contact Sixt office for 3 months, so far unsuccessfully. My matter concerns Sixt's Belgian office but maybe you'll know the way to get in touch with them. Here's the thing: we rented a car 3 months ago and the day before the car was returned some vandals broke its side mirror. This was reported to the police who issued a written report. On the return we presented the report in the office where we were told that we needn't worry as no further charges would apply. To our great surprise it turned out that our visa card was charged not only for rental but also for the damage (equal in value to the deposit). Since then we've been trying to contact the office via contact web page, office e-mail and phone but there has been no reply whatsoever (even though we've received auto-confirmation from mail boxes). We've also tried contacting Sixt's Polish office (we're from Poland) but the lady who's trying to help us cannot contact the head office either!!!! Neither can she check our case directly in the system as she has no access to the data. We're running out of ideas what to do and would be very grateful for any piece of advice.
Thanks in advance and all the best in New Year!
Monthy
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Monthy
Hi Gary,
I'm really glad I found you on this website 'cos I've been trying to contact Sixt office for 3 months, so far unsuccessfully. My matter concerns Sixt's Belgian office but maybe you'll know the way to get in touch with them. Here's the thing: we rented a car 3 months ago and the day before the car was returned some vandals broke its side mirror. This was reported to the police who issued a written report. On the return we presented the report in the office where we were told that we needn't worry as no further charges would apply. To our great surprise it turned out that our visa card was charged not only for rental but also for the damage (equal in value to the deposit). Since then we've been trying to contact the office via contact web page, office e-mail and phone but there has been no reply whatsoever (even though we've received auto-confirmation from mail boxes). We've also tried contacting Sixt's Polish office (we're from Poland) but the lady who's trying to help us cannot contact the head office either!!!! Neither can she check our case directly in the system as she has no access to the data. We're running out of ideas what to do and would be very grateful for any piece of advice.
Thanks in advance and all the best in New Year!
Monthy
I am sorry that you have experienced some problems making contact with my colleagues.

Please send some details to [email protected] I will do my best to help.

Happy New Year

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.