Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:39 pm

It's actually rather unfortunate how dead the rental subforums look these days.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles Member, Global Entry,AA Gold
Does anyone know Sixt's policy on changing the driver. I did a Pre-Paid rental & the driver on the rental can not drive due to being sick, so I have to drive. Can I call Sixt and make this change or Do I need to wait till I get to the counter ?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by mike929
Can someone explain to me why a local resident pickup can not drive out of the state without per mileage fees? That is what I was told at the ATL airport location. The rep told me you track the cars and will charge me either .15c or .50c a mile. I had never heard of that but she said the rule was in place since July. Since, I wanted to drive to AL I had to use another company.

Anyone from Sixt care to comment?
The forum has gone silent................
Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:06 pm

Downgrade / dissappontement

I'm a frequent Sixt user. (Platinium)
I've booked a car in Sixt Amsterdam for Easter weekend.
I'm really disappointed. Indeed, renting a car with Sixt was always synonym of happiness. Nice car, nice service and great driving experience. However, this time, I've been really surprised. Prior to my explanation, I just want to thanks the kindness and the professionalism of Sixt team in Amsterdam Schiphol.
I booked a LDAR (Jaguar XF or BMW 5 series), and I finished to have a Jaguar XE with a 50 euros discount for 5 days rental. Do not really understand, no diesel car available at all on the site. Only Benzine, and only with cars with small trunk. I have 3 kids (1 toddler) the stroller, the bag and the 3 baby chair ! I was expecting a 5 series. Nothing fits. We will travel in crappy condition.
I still don't understand how comes that a day prior to a long weekend no car available, and a downgrade with only 50 euros discount. Anyone got the same experience ?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:10 am

@ Gary-

I'm considering getting a car at either BCN airport or Barcelona Sants Station. Are you able to request an automatic automobile for rental if I opt for either location? Also if I have a tmobile Samsung s7 edge with unlimited data (from the usa) will it also work in Barcelona or the time I have the car rental?

I admit that I don't know how to drive a manual transmission, so the request, hopefully to be filled and confirmed for an auto transmission, can be completed.

Pls advise.

Neil aka Can of Cheese aka QuesoDeCan
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:11 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by QuesoDeCan
@ Gary-

<snip>
It's been at least six months since any of the Sixt company representatives posted in this thread.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:41 am

thought I'd ask here anyways.....
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:48 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by QuesoDeCan
thought I'd ask here anyways.....
I just checked Sixt reservation website for pickup at Sants Train Station on a random date in May. They have quite a few automatic models available including Citroën C4 Cactus, VW Polo, Mercedes-Benz A class, BMW 2 series (the European FWD, not what's they sell as a 2 Series in the US), BMW 3 series, BMW 5 series, Audi A5, Audi A6, BMW 5 series Gran Turismo, BMW X1, Mercedes-Benz S class, BMW X4, BMW 3 series Station Wagon, Mercedes-Benz SLC Cabrio, Mercedes-Benz C class Cabrio, BMW X5, Jaguar F-Type, Mercedes-Benz E class Cabrio, Maserati Levante and BMW's plug-in hybrid models i3 and i8.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:29 am

Hi folks

I'm planning to hire a car in Marseille this summer. We'd like a small MPV or SUV as we need to fit a baby buggy in the boot along with luggage etc. The ILMR group looks suitable as the examples are a 2 Series Active Tourer or X1 sDrive. However the category is called "Premium Saloons" and on other sites it lists VW Passats and Ford Mondeos amongst the options. This seems like a wide variety of car types for one class.

Does anyone know if ILMR is limited to small MPVs and SUVs in Marseille or could it be a saloon instead?

Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:07 pm

Hi, I booked FDAR for the next weekend in Stuttgart Airport, but would like to upgrade to LDAR. Is that possible? Paid for 0 excess as well.

How much deposit should I expect for FDAR or LDAR?
It is my first time
Old May 7, 2017, 3:55 am

Hello

I just booked a "FWAR" at NCE (Nice airport, France) for 15 days this July. It said BMW 3 kombi or Merc C kombi. I've browsed the forums and seen most fwar end up being BMW 5ers.

Does anyone know the current fleet there?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: AA exec plat, Hilton dia, a-club plat, National exec, Sixt plat
Originally Posted by DJ Billy
Hi folks

I'm planning to hire a car in Marseille this summer. We'd like a small MPV or SUV as we need to fit a baby buggy in the boot along with luggage etc. The ILMR group looks suitable as the examples are a 2 Series Active Tourer or X1 sDrive. However the category is called "Premium Saloons" and on other sites it lists VW Passats and Ford Mondeos amongst the options. This seems like a wide variety of car types for one class.

Does anyone know if ILMR is limited to small MPVs and SUVs in Marseille or could it be a saloon instead?

Thanks
I believe small MPVs in France would be IVMR (Grand Scenic, Zafira, 5008) sor SVMR for minivans. Small SUVs would be more SFMR or FFMR for larger.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: N/A
Can anyone advise if upgrades will be honored when receiving platinum through hotel matches? Specifically in France/Europe.

Any thoughts on Sixt Plat vs Hertiz Presidents in Europe as well at the same price?

Thank You!
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Hello Sixth. I need to rent a car on the 1st August 2017 morning from Stuttgart airport with a drop off at Munich Airport on the same day.

Can I kindly ask:

-If I opt for the "pay now" option, I get charged for the rental for the day, correct?
-Do you need to swipe my credit card upon pick up for other costs that I need to be aware of?
-If I select a Mercedes CLA (or similar), does it mean that you may or may not have a Mercedes CLA available on the day and that it may be my luck that I may get a different car and model instead on the day of pick up?
-I am not a Sixth member.

Thanks very much..
Old Jul 22, 2017, 2:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You will be billed immediately, you will have to present a card for incidentals, though I'm not sure exactly how much this will be, and yes, you are renting a car in a group, not a specific vehicle. In my experience, with Sixt you usually come out ahead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.