Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2015, 6:00 am

Hello

I'm looking to rent bmw m3/m4/ or m6 in germany for 7 ~ 10 days.

All the cities and branches I'm trying so far give me the same result (sold out)

is there anyway to check in which city/branch m3/m4/m6 is available for which close dates ?

Please let me know

Regards,
Vlad
Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:31 pm

I have a reservation at DUS for a SDAR, Which cars do they have in this group at this location?

And another reservation in Vienna City (Hilton Location) for a FDAR, Which cars do they have in this group at this location?

Besides that Im plat so may even be upgraded, But just wanna know which cars are in the original group

Last edited by sruly101; Nov 9, 2015 at 5:52 am
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:36 am

Just a quick feedback further to our 3 week rental in miami. As requested , the agency gaveme the exact car I asked (A C class MB) which was in perfect state and very enjoyable for my trip. It took 10 mn to get the keys, including all the convenient advice. No forced sale of any kind. Very very professional staff. The drop off was similar : 10 mn no problem. I highly recommand.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: Asiamiles
Lhr rental

Hi,

I'm looking into renting either an E Class Estate, S Class, or possibly a Ghibli, for most of the first week of December from LHR T1-T4. I see that the cars are "or equivalent" and that the alternative to the E Estate is a V70 Estate. What is the likelihood I'll get what I want, and other than the V70, what other car might I end up with? I do need room for 4 (including the driver) and their luggage so something around that size is probably required (otherwise I'd have gone for something smaller and more fun to drive).
Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:32 pm

SSMR/FRA

Does anyone have real examples of what to expect when renting a SSMR from Frankfurt? Especially from a city office, though FRA would have more options.

SSMR in Frankfurt, anything exciting?
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:45 pm

Hi,
I am going German for 9 days trips and rent a car from SIXT with the group CPMR, I already choose the automatic preferred, due to the age, I can't rent fancier car. I am wondering how big chance that I can have an automatic one? Cuz though I learned how to drive manual one, but I never drive one after I have my license.
Thanks for the help
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:12 am

Hi all, I found this thread/forum by accident and after reading some of the replies I felt I had to comment.

I've been a long-term user of Sixt, and in August I booked a car in BCN for a long weekend for my brother's wedding. On the third night we were at the wedding reception way out in the hills about 1hr outside Barca and there was an almighty hailstorm - golf ball sized.

When it finished I went outside to look at the car (this was 11pm) and sure enough the windscreen was smashed and every panel had pin dents all over, hundreds of them. I called Sixt CS and within 2.5hrs they arrived with a new car on a flatbed and took away the old one. Absolutely exceptional CS.

There were 4 other guests who had damaged cars, three of whom went with a broker deal, ending up to be Sol Autos or similar. Needless to say they had terrible trouble with getting their cars sorted, some with no windscreen damage but dents all over, I heard tales of people being charged thousands.

So to summarise, the cost of your rental shouldn't be your only concern.

Picking up another car on Thursday in BCN, using the excellent deals they had on IDMR vehicles when I booked. Looking forward to it again.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by sylviaztliao
Hi,
I am going German for 9 days trips and rent a car from SIXT with the group CPMR, I already choose the automatic preferred, due to the age, I can't rent fancier car. I am wondering how big chance that I can have an automatic one? Cuz though I learned how to drive manual one, but I never drive one after I have my license.
Thanks for the help
Very slim... they do not have too many of the smaller cars as automatic. Also depends a bit on the station... where do you rent?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: JL-DIA/JGC, NH-DIA/SFC, AA-PLT, SPG-PLT, GP-DIA, MR-PLT, IHG-Plt AMB, HH-Gold
Sixt - Any Questions?

Hi, I will rent FDAR at FRA Main city center.
Can anybody advise me what car will be available?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:30 am

problem solved!

Last edited by lius1986; Dec 21, 2015 at 9:57 am
Old Dec 25, 2015, 9:33 am

Doesn't Sixt do Platinum status matches with Hyatt Diamond anymore? It used to be the case a month ago if I remember correctly... They are still "partners" but no points are to be expected or discounts. Will that change back soon?
Old Dec 27, 2015, 10:05 am

Hello Sixt,

Me and my sister (23 an 21 by the summer) are looking to rent a car from july 2nd to august 2nd in LAX, and do a road trip with it.

The trip will go: CA - AZ - UT - CO - UT - NV - CA.

I saw however, that when renting in CA, we cannot take the car to UT and CO, which is really impractical. If this were not the case, we would certainly be renting with Sixt because they have simply the best rates (plus a max of 100$+tax underage fee).
Is there any way we can make this work? Like splitting up the rentals and waiving the dropoff/extra driver fees?

Thanks in advance,
Michael
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:19 am

Yesterday I collected a car from your manchester airport branch. The first problem occurred after being told it was 8/8 full it was only 6/8 full on fuel. Therefore I had to wait to have it filled. Also I collected at 5pm in the pitch black therefore was difficult to see any damage, however today I notice damage not listed on the contract. I have driven from the airport to home and can't possibly have caused this. Surely I can no be held responsible for damage I could not see nor have done. I had an horrendous flight(s) and 24 hours on still waiting for luggage and the last thing I need to be stressed about is being charged for damage I've not done.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:52 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Originally Posted by welch9
Yesterday I collected a car from your manchester airport branch. The first problem occurred after being told it was 8/8 full it was only 6/8 full on fuel. Therefore I had to wait to have it filled. Also I collected at 5pm in the pitch black therefore was difficult to see any damage, however today I notice damage not listed on the contract. I have driven from the airport to home and can't possibly have caused this. Surely I can no be held responsible for damage I could not see nor have done. I had an horrendous flight(s) and 24 hours on still waiting for luggage and the last thing I need to be stressed about is being charged for damage I've not done.
Hi welch9.
Apologies for the delay you expereinced on collection @ Manchester Airport. Please provide your Reservation no. in a DM & I will place notes on your booking to advise of the damage.
Best regards,
Emily
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: hyatt hotel,fourseasons hotel,qatarair,sixt platinum
Unhappy Stress for the car rental

Dear Sixt,

Happy New Year!

On 7th Feb, I and my wife marta will be landed on frankfurt airport to visit my lovely wife's mom and will travel with her health curing. probably this travel we will drive with snowy road to go/stay with Warm hot springs in switzerland because i would like to try to cure mom's health conditions.

Every Mom is getting older and older : - (... sad!

My Problem is i don't know which car i will be received from the Frankfurt six office. i booked small-size car for my wife who will be main driver in the narrow roads in Europe. also i have to do some business meetings in sttugart,Munich on the beginning of the trip.

Actually for in case, i wanted to rent 4x4 SUV for snowy road trip,but my wife is not familiar with SUV drive, she used to drive Automatic Sedan only.

we used to drive mercedes in our country, if possible can we drive 4x4 AWD sedan mercedes?
or do we need upgrade S-class 4-matic class???

- At least we would like to avoid drive BMW 3-models. this one has wooden seat so Mom can not be comfort to stay back seat for all the trip.

Do I have to call sixth office in advance or need ask on the arrival?
I have no idea, just hope no big snow on the trip.

Thanks

Warm Regards from Sunny Maldives
Jeon

Last edited by divian; Jan 10, 2016 at 12:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.