Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by blitzen
That is very surprising. Unlikely but not impossible
I've seen it more than once.
I always price DUS and Maritim,
Old May 25, 2015, 10:45 pm
Original Member

SixtCustomerServices - Could you clarify what is the 2-class Platinum upgrade for booking LCAR at Miami?
Old May 26, 2015, 3:04 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi,

A double upgrade from the LCAR would be the XCAR however all upgrades are subject to availability.

Thanks, Ruth.

Originally Posted by seawolf
SixtCustomerServices - Could you clarify what is the 2-class Platinum upgrade for booking LCAR at Miami?
Old May 26, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: Accor (Gold), IHG (Gold), Bonvoy (F&F)
Hi, Don't know if this post is still going

(- Gary; you helped out with me for Brussels last year so thanks for that!)

Im looking to rent a car from Heathrow for a weekend in (Fr 14:00 25 - 14:00 Sun 27) September 2015 - ILMR. I like the look of the Mercedes or the BMW. What's the fleet in this category shaping up? The fleet list doesn't even show the BMW anymore, so no longer sure what's accurate or not these days. Really hope to avoid, with the greatest respect, end up with a Skoda!
Old May 26, 2015, 8:27 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi,

A double upgrade from the LCAR would be the XCAR however all upgrades are subject to availability.

Thanks, Ruth.
If XCAR is two-class up from LCAR what is one-class up from LCAR? Thanks.
Old May 27, 2015, 2:11 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi,

Thanks, Ruth.
When did the XCAR become 2 categories above LCAR??

I hope you mean LCAR -> XFAR for a 2 category upgrade ^^^
Old May 29, 2015, 6:43 pm

Hi, what cars are available for PFAR at the Atlanta airport (ATL)? Is it likely I will get a BMW X1? Thanks!
Old May 29, 2015, 7:12 pm

Hi, I was recently in Dubai. I rented a SIXT car thru AMEX's site. I chose to rent in Dubai and drop off in Abu Dhabi, both airport locations. I picked the car up and the contract showed the same.

I drove to Abu Dhabi and stayed the night. The next morning I arrived at AUH very early, ready to drop off the car. To my rather large surprise, SIXT does not have any presence at AUH. There is no physical place to drop off a rental at the airport in Abu Dhabi. I called the number on the contract. A rep told me they would put someone in a cab to come get the car. Luckily, I was there early and did not have to rush for the flight; otherwise, that car would have been left outside of departures with the keys on the seat. The agent showed up about 30 minutes after I called, which was great. I turned over the car with no further issue.

I booked the car for 2 days, but I had the car less than 24 hours and asked both the agent that picked it up and the agent I spoke to on the phone to make a note of it for the bill. They assured me I would only be charged for one day. I was charged for 2 days.

There certainly should be some some warning about this situation. I can't imagine I'm the first to rent at DXB and drop off at AUH.

Last edited by Fleck; May 29, 2015 at 7:34 pm
Old May 31, 2015, 3:10 pm

Flat tire Iceland question

Hi Gary,

We'e rented a car from Sixt in Iceland, Rejkavkik. We've had 3 smooth days of driving and today we had a flat tire. We used the spare one, but we want to repair the original.Every autoshop is closed today, but we will call Sixt tomorow make sure we are covered for this as we will have to change the tire ourselves since we are far away from a sixt rental place

Do you know if we are covered, and we have nothing extra to pay ?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:57 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi,

If I can still be of assistance with your query, please send me a private message with your reservation number and I look into this for you.

Thanks, Ruth.

Originally Posted by Ponderatul1
Hi Gary,

We'e rented a car from Sixt in Iceland, Rejkavkik. We've had 3 smooth days of driving and today we had a flat tire. We used the spare one, but we want to repair the original.Every autoshop is closed today, but we will call Sixt tomorow make sure we are covered for this as we will have to change the tire ourselves since we are far away from a sixt rental place

Do you know if we are covered, and we have nothing extra to pay ?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:00 am

Hello,
I'm planning a Germany trip in March 2016. I have several questions regarding renting vehicles from SIXT in Germany.

In my country, it is mandatory to hold a 12-months probationary driving licence after we have passed all driving exams. After that, we can apply for a full licence plus an international driving licence. The full licence does not say when was the initial date of issue, it only shows the expiry date. The international driving licence is valid for one year from the date of issue.

I am aware that renting in Germany has certain age and licence requirement.

Copied from SIXT:
Age Restrictions
In Germany, the following rules apply for the minimum age and possession of a driver's licence:
18 years/1 day for vehicles in groups MBMR to CWMR, MTMR, CCCC
21 years/2 years for vehicles in groups IDMR to LWAR, CTMR, ITMR, SSMR to LSMR, SFMR to FFMR
21 years/3 years for vehicles in groups M01 to M06
25 years/3 years for vehicles in groups XDAR, STMR, FTMR, PTMR, PQAR, LTMR, XTMR, XTAR, XSMR, XSAR, PFMR, LFMR, XFAR, CCAN, LSMN, LSAN, LTAN, XJAN, XSAN, XXAX,XTAX, LTAX, XDAN, XSAM, XNAM, XTAM, XEAM, XRAM, LPAN, XDAX, XDAY, XDAZ
25 years/5 years for vehicles in groups M07 and M08.
A Young Driver Surcharge of EUR 10.- per day, max. EUR 50.- per month started applies for drivers under 23 years.
Here are the questions:
1) By the time I intended to rent, I will be 24 years old and I will be holding 1.5 years of full licence (plus the 12-months probationary licence before full licence). I would like to know whether SIXT will count my probationary licence which makes me qualified to rent vehicle in groups IDMR to LWAR, CTMR, ITMR, SSMR to LSMR, SFMR to FFMR.

If the probationary licence period will not be counted then I can only rent "MBMR to CWMR, MTMR, CCCC". And this leads to another question:

2) As far as I know, it is nearly impossible to check when did I start possessing my driving licence unless they make a request to the transport department of my country. In short, it seems that it is practically possible for me to rent "IDMR to LWAR, CTMR, ITMR, SSMR to LSMR, SFMR to FFMR". And I guess under this case, I will not be covered by any insurance and risking full liability for any injuries and damages. Anyone can tell if it is possible and correct?

3) Let say I stick with "MBMR to CWMR, MTMR, CCCC".
I have looked into the SIXT fleet in Germany and found that the only possible Mercedes in these group which is a Mercedes-Benz A-Klasse in group CPMR. Am I correct? Since there are other possibilities in this group, I would like to know which pick up point have the greatest chance to get a Mercedes A-Klasse? (I can drive both manual or automatic. I have been driving a manual BMW 3er since I got my probationary licence. I would really like to take this chance to drive a Mercedes.)

Thanks a lot! =]
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:25 pm

Renting in US

So I saw one post that someone had mentioned that in the rental agreement it states that you cannot take vehicles across state lines. Is this really true? I find it very hard to believe.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by SEUS777
So I saw one post that someone had mentioned that in the rental agreement it states that you cannot take vehicles across state lines. Is this really true? I find it very hard to believe.
This is directly from the sixt site:

Territorial Restrictions & Rentals across state lines

The rental vehicle may only be used in the state of pick-up and the surrounding geographical area (Region) as specified in the table below:
State of Pick-Up Region
Arizona California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah

Californien Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Nevada

Connecticut Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New York, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, New Jersey

Florida Alabama, Georgia

Georgia Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
Massachusetts Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, New York, Maine, New Jersey

Minnesota North & South Dakota, Iowa, Wisconsin

Michigan Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Ontario(Canada)

Nevada Utah, Arizona, California, Idaho, Oregon

New Jersey New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maryland, Washington D.C.

North Carolina Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia

South Carolina Georgia, North Carolina

Washington British Columbia (Canada), California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon

Texas Louisiana,Oklahoma, Arkansas, New Mexico

Tennessee Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi

Washington British Columbia (Canada), California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:36 am

Question PCAR reservation at Hertz and National - will i get a better car/service at either???

dELETED AT IN CORRECT FORUM
Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
SixtCustomerServices: What would be the credit card deposit/hold for a 4 day PTMR reservation (pre-paid/zero excess) from Barcelona airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.