Sixt - Any Questions?

Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:18 am

I´m planing a trip from cologne to munich through romantischestrasse, for that I´d like to rent a LTMR class. Have anyone already rented this category in cologne? I have some issues about it. First, does the NAVI system speaks english or portuguese? Does it have maps for Austria(Salzburg) too? will a large bag and a medium one fit (sixt´s site says 2 large ones fit)? Which cars could I expect (bmw er4, mercedes e-200 cgi) or is there any other worst option? if they don´t have that car, will the upgrade be a convertible?

I appreciate very much your attention!
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: SPG Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . Delta Diamond . All kinds of car rental statuses
I'm going to be making a 25 day reservation in Birmingham (UK) later this week.
What's the vehicle most likely to be assigned for ILMR?
The website says A-Class Mercedes manual. That's fine by me, but do you actually have those on fleet?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: Kimpton IC, Voila Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite,National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, Sixt Platinum
Help Please! :)

So, I recently had a reservation at SAN for an XCAR and was hoping to use my platinum double-upgrade; unfortunately, I was told that they do not upgrade above XCAR and that in the future, I should book PCAR and double-upgrade to XCAR.

So... I'll be in Las Vegas in a few days and would really like to get an XFAR (MB ML). To utilize my double-upgrade benefit, what class should I book?

I see IFAR, SFAR, LFAR for SUVs... PFAR exists but shows up as a $350/day QX60.

Is SFAR the way to go? I currently also have executive aisle booked with National as an EE because they are pretty good about getting me into what I ask for.

Edit -- didn't want to take any chances, so I bumped up from an SFAR to an LFAR reservation for $12/day extra. I called the Sixt location and they assured me that LFAR to XFAR should be possible if available and that I should call a day in advance so they can put one aside for me.

Last edited by moze; Apr 22, 2015 at 10:14 am
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:11 pm

Umweltplakette

If i rent a car at sixt cologne, will I always get a Umweltplakette green? or it will depend on the vehicle class?

thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: Sixt Plat, Hhonors
Originally Posted by luism
I´m planing a trip from cologne to munich through romantischestrasse, for that I´d like to rent a LTMR class. Have anyone already rented this category in cologne? I have some issues about it. First, does the NAVI system speaks english or portuguese? Does it have maps for Austria(Salzburg) too? will a large bag and a medium one fit (sixt´s site says 2 large ones fit)? Which cars could I expect (bmw er4, mercedes e-200 cgi) or is there any other worst option? if they don´t have that car, will the upgrade be a convertible?

I appreciate very much your attention!
I'm actually driving an E200CGI. Worse car ever lol. Everything in Spanish (GPS / Comand,...). They will switch my car in next few days for a BMW 435i. I guess it will better.

Don't rent this category of car, no space available at all. Oh, yes on the back seats.

My 2 cents.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat; Starwood Gold
This may be a more general rental car question but is there a better or worse time of day in regards to vehicle selection? I returned a rental to MCO the other day and an Escalade ESV was in the return aisle so I booked an XFAR for next month and hope I can snag one of those instead of a Tahoe/Suburban.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:06 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
I have a Platinum card of Sixt.

I know the upgrade is subject to availability but I would like to know if I could get an upgrade to XDAR category if I book LDAR. Or should I book LWAR?

It seems pricings for LDAR/LWAR are pretty much similar.

Thanks
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by luism
If i rent a car at sixt cologne, will I always get a Umweltplakette green? or it will depend on the vehicle class?

thanks!
Due to the fact that all rental cars should be relatively new they will all have the green one. I have never had any rental car in Germany from any rental car company not having a green sticker.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: Sixt Plat, Hhonors
Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
I have a Platinum card of Sixt.

I know the upgrade is subject to availability but I would like to know if I could get an upgrade to XDAR category if I book LDAR. Or should I book LWAR?

It seems pricings for LDAR/LWAR are pretty much similar.

Thanks
LDAR sounds better. I got this upgrade in the past, Audi A8 and BMW 740d
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:11 am

Might be a little late for this. Anyone know if Sixt in Turkey has toll transponders built into their rentals? We're picking up at Izmir tomorrow and will be driving across to Antalya and I expect there to be toll highways. Other searches suggest the 'HGS' toll system, does Sixt have HGS passes fitted to cars?
Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:41 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to Sixt for a great long term rental recently in LA. Special thanks to Jess from Sixt customer services who assisted with queries and the reservation, much appreciated!

A summary and some questions answered here if people are interested - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24748465-post111.html

cheers
Old May 1, 2015, 4:48 am

Looking to rent from Sixt LAX later this year,
Booking from the UK the rate includes Supplemental Liability Insurance and Loss damage waiver. Where does this cover leave you for any damage ? Will there be a hard sell at the counter extra insurance ontop ?

Also what cars do they currently have in the XCAR range ? Would rather BMW or Audi vs a Cadallic

Thanks
Old May 6, 2015, 7:49 pm

Guys I need help with sixt Mia here. I booked Xfar vehicle and arriving 6:30pm June 4th. I bought all the insurances from sixt website online while I was booking. I have requested MB GL. But reading forum here I read that MIA location don't have the MB GL or X5 so is true. Please do reply. Also do you recommend to prepaid for the gas ? I'm going to keep it for 12 days and returning in MCO Orlando. Thanks
Old May 6, 2015, 8:23 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Sixt in ATL seems to have X5's and I believe they share the fleet with the Florida locations.
Old May 7, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Eaunoire
Looking to rent from Sixt LAX later this year,
Booking from the UK the rate includes Supplemental Liability Insurance and Loss damage waiver. Where does this cover leave you for any damage ? Will there be a hard sell at the counter extra insurance ontop ?

Also what cars do they currently have in the XCAR range ? Would rather BMW or Audi vs a Cadallic

Thanks
In terms of XCAR - BMW 5 series, Audi A6, Caddy XTS, or Merc E350.
In terms of features, the XTS will have more features like a backup camera. The 5 and A6 are base models and don't come with them (at least in my experience) Not sure about E350

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.