Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Never rented in Europe before, but I am a Diamond and often rent in the US.
If I rent the lowest level Automatic they won't try to upgrade me to a manual right? Just don't want to end up stuck with a manual which I can definitely not drive.

Also i looked up SIXT Diamond on the website but couldn't find any pages mentioning benefits, is SIXT Diamond being discontinued?

Last edited by skyvanman; Jan 24, 2015 at 6:17 pm
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: Azul Diamond, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, ALL Gold, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE
Hi all! I'm a Sixt Platinum member and just booked a FCAR at MCO for the first time. What may I expect? May I request an upgrade to LCAR or higher category? A XCAR, XFAR or XTAR would be nice
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: Kimpton IC, Voila Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite,National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, Sixt Platinum
Hi there. Could you please tell me what vehicle class and possible options a platinum double-upgrade on top of an XCAR reservation at SAN might be? Thank you!

Last edited by moze; Jan 25, 2015 at 12:53 pm
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Hi,

I plan to rent at the Duesseldorf Airport station. Two quick questions:
1) they mention a VIP area to pick up cars > is that for Platinum or Diamond?
2) I plan on booking SSMR > if I'm upgraded (not that I really want to) which car class would that be. Not that I end up with a Skoda Superb or Ford Kuga (which if I book an Audi TT/ BMW 2 series are not what I wanted)
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:35 am

Greetings,

I am currently platinum status. How do you obtain diamond status?

Thanks
Mike
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:37 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

I plan to rent at the Duesseldorf Airport station. Two quick questions:
1) they mention a VIP area to pick up cars > is that for Platinum or Diamond?
2) I plan on booking SSMR > if I'm upgraded (not that I really want to) which car class would that be. Not that I end up with a Skoda Superb or Ford Kuga (which if I book an Audi TT/ BMW 2 series are not what I wanted)
If you don't care about the upgrade and can pickup during operating hours, book at the Sixt Dusseldorf Unterrath/Maritim branch and save on the premium location fee charged at the airport. Equi-distance to the airport location's garage.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:48 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Sixt reply

Hi skyvanman,

If you book an automatic vehicle, then you will not be upgraded into a vehicle with a manual transmission. If an upgrade is available then it will be to the next automatic category. If you make your booking and send me your reservation number, then I am able to make a note to confirm to the branch that in any case you do not wish to drive a manual.

With regard to your Diamond status, please be assured that this is not going to be discontinued. However, as the status is by invitation only, we do not advertise it online.

I hope this helps to solve your query.

Thanks,
Jess.

Originally Posted by skyvanman
Never rented in Europe before, but I am a Diamond and often rent in the US.
If I rent the lowest level Automatic they won't try to upgrade me to a manual right? Just don't want to end up stuck with a manual which I can definitely not drive.

Also i looked up SIXT Diamond on the website but couldn't find any pages mentioning benefits, is SIXT Diamond being discontinued?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:57 am

being chased by debt collectors

so, i booked a car thru sixt in las vegas over xmas, had the ldw with zero excess, was unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident, returned the car straight away to the branch dealt with all the paperwork and sent me on my way. at the time i asked them if that was all we needed to do and was told yes, all good. so now over a month later i am being chased by a debt recovery firm because apparently i didnt file a police report at the same time. Yes its in the t&c's, but no one else was invloved with the incident and when the people in branch are helping you fill all the forms out, shouldnt one of them mention the police report thing?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by seawolf
If you don't care about the upgrade and can pickup during operating hours, book at the Sixt Dusseldorf Unterrath/Maritim branch and save on the premium location fee charged at the airport. Equi-distance to the airport location's garage.
Thought of that but I arrive on Saturday 6:55am with AirBerlin and the Station opens at 8am. Normally no problem but after an overnight flight my priority is to keep moving (and with EU Passport, only Carry On) I should be ready to move on quickly.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:15 am

Sixt Reply

Hi Moze,

With a platinum card, we are unable to guarantee the availability of an upgrade upon your arrival at SAN airport.

However the upgrade from the XCAR group would be the XFAR which includes vehicles such as the BMW X5, Mercedes Benz M Class or the Mercedes Benz GL.

I hope this helps to solve your query.

Thanks,
Ruth

Originally Posted by moze
Hi there. Could you please tell me what vehicle class and possible options a platinum double-upgrade on top of an XCAR reservation at SAN might be? Thank you!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:46 am

Sixt Reply

Hi mike929,

An upgrade to the Diamond status is by invite from the CEO only, however we hope you are enjoying the benefits from our Platinum status.

If theres anything else I can do to help, just let me know.

Thanks,
Ruth

Originally Posted by mike929
Greetings,

I am currently platinum status. How do you obtain diamond status?

Thanks
Mike
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:51 am

Hi,

I would be more than happy to take a look at this for you and help where possible or point you in the best direction to get the information you require.

Can you please direct message me with the reservation or contract number and other details you may have and I will investigate this as a priority.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Thanks,
Ruth

Originally Posted by Zombie1975
so, i booked a car thru sixt in las vegas over xmas, had the ldw with zero excess, was unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident, returned the car straight away to the branch dealt with all the paperwork and sent me on my way. at the time i asked them if that was all we needed to do and was told yes, all good. so now over a month later i am being chased by a debt recovery firm because apparently i didnt file a police report at the same time. Yes its in the t&c's, but no one else was invloved with the incident and when the people in branch are helping you fill all the forms out, shouldnt one of them mention the police report thing?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
I'm thinking of booking a car in Melbourne, Australia. Can a sixt representative tell me what options are available? Currently all I see are Hyundai I20 and a Nissan Almera. Are there no other options? Such as BMW or MB or Audi?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:16 am

Hello,

I placed a booking without registration first, and then registered at sixt.com.
Now there are 2 problems:
1) My booking is not visible under my profile
2) When I'm trying to search for a new booking I'm getting "An error occurred while processing your login data used" error.

Anybody to help?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 3:16 am

Sixt Reply

Hi,

In Australia, we have a much smaller variation in fleet. As well as the two vehicles you have mentioned, we also have the Nissan Pulsar (IDAR) and Holden Commodore (FDAR). Please be aware that any vehicles available for the dates you select will show and therefore it may mean that the IDAR and FDAR are not available for your selected period.

If you need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks,
Ruth

Originally Posted by buck3y3nut
I'm thinking of booking a car in Melbourne, Australia. Can a sixt representative tell me what options are available? Currently all I see are Hyundai I20 and a Nissan Almera. Are there no other options? Such as BMW or MB or Audi?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.