Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 2:29 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Sixt reply

Hi DoctorORD,

I've checked this with my colleagues in the US for you now. They have advised that 'the upgrade rule for the Diamond card perks does not vary from country to couuntry. Whatever upgrade the customer would receive when renting with a Diamond card in the the UK should be the same that they would get in the U.S.'.

I hope this helps to solve your query. Also, if you make your reservation, please feel free to send me your reservation number in a private message and I'll be happy to keep an eye on it for you and ensure everything runs smoothly.

Many thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by DoctorORD
I'm a Sixt Diamond. Looking at your website, under Sixt Platinum it says "Free upgrade to the next car group and a double upgrade in U.S. locations.**" but on your website, this is not mentioned for Sixt Diamond. Can you please confirm whether this is possible for Sixt Diamond as well? I don't want a situation where I go to a Sixt and someone says that only a single-level upgrade will be possible...

I'm planning to book LCAR at a U.S. location soon. Can someone tell me what category this would likely be upgraded to? Thanks!

Also - nearly all of the specials on the Sixt website expire on Dec 10, 2014. Are there any further deals planned?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:32 am

Sixt reply

Hi Vinotraveller,

Sorry for the delay while I have been checking this for you.

The team there have advised that they can deliver the car to the Hyatt hotel. Please confirm your reservation number via private message and I will pass this onto them for you.

They have also confirmed that the fleet they have is as shown on the website.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
Hi there

I am needing to hire a vehicle in downtown Mendoza (Argentina) for one day in January. Firstly can they deliver/collect from the Park Hyatt hotel 1km from their station?

Secondly online there is only a terrible selection of budget vehicles - is that honestly all they have there?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi Vinotraveller,

The team there have advised that they can deliver the car to the Hyatt hotel. Please confirm your reservation number via private message and I will pass this onto them for you.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Jess.
Many thanks Jess. I have now made the booking on the Sixt website and am awaiting the reservation number coming through once they confirm vehicle availability.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:54 am

Trying to book a Camry at LAX with that special $20/day rate. The terms and conditions are as follows:

* in case of a rental period of 3 Days
Rental period: 01 Jan. 2015 - 31 Jan. 2015
Booking period: 11 Dec. 2014 - 31 Jan. 2015
Minimum rental period: 3 days
Advance booking time: 1 hour
Only available at selected locations
Subject to availability at participating locations

I have met all of those conditions. The rate I get is $39.xx before taxes. Why?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UAL silver, Marriott Gld, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Sixt rental originating in Munich, going to Austria

Renting at Sixt in Munich next week and then driving to Austria. Question: Will the car have the required Austrian Road Tax sticker in it or do I need to purchase prior to entering Austria ?

Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2014, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Javaboy
Renting at Sixt in Munich next week and then driving to Austria. Question: Will the car have the required Austrian Road Tax sticker in it or do I need to purchase prior to entering Austria ?

Thanks
From personal experience - you need to purchase one.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:09 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
how do I sign up for sixt platinum from WE MC?
http://www.mastercard.us/travel/worl...tml?id=1290622
Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:38 am

Sixt reply

Hi fresar,

I'm not sure if you can sign up with them directly. But if you can send me your Sixt Express card number in a private message, I'll be happy to send you some more information on how we status match.

If you don't have an Express card then you can create one in just a few minutes on the Sixt website.

Thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by fresar
how do I sign up for sixt platinum from WE MC?
http://www.mastercard.us/travel/worl...tml?id=1290622
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:11 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Javaboy
Question: Will the car have the required Austrian Road Tax sticker in it or do I need to purchase prior to entering Austria ?
Yes, You need to buy it, but only IF you want to drive on motorways.
10-days Vignette costs 8,70 €.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi Vinotraveller,

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Jess.
PM with reservation details now sent Jess. Once again thanks for your help. I wish you and the Sixt team a very Merry Christmas and on behalf of all the posters here would like to thank you all for your help throughout 2014.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:58 pm

How do I go about getting a status match as a United Airlines Premier Silver? I am planning a rental next week.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:39 am

Sixt reply

Hi ajs1991,

We can status match you to our Gold card membership with your United Airlines Premier Silver. Please send me a private message with your Sixt Express card number and I will be able to advise you further.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by ajs1991
How do I go about getting a status match as a United Airlines Premier Silver? I am planning a rental next week.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 3:57 pm

Confusing info from Sixt customer service.

Hi jess,
We will be going from JFK to LAX on our honey moon, and I wanted to book reservation with Sixt for BMW X5, or similar, which is MB GL. SUV's.

For pre paid reservation I called customer service and inquired about couple of things..
I asked, since its a prepaid reservation, what if there are no X5 or GL are available upon arrival @ lax, since i am not interested in any other car or suv, will I be able to cancel my pre paid reservation since sixt would not be able to provide promised suv category??

I was told YES you can cancel the reservation BUT there will be cancellation charge, and we can not do anything about it, you will have to dispute the cancellation charge with your Credit Card company, excuse me?

I did not understand this policy, and dont like this policy.

How likely it is that LAX sixt will have X5 or MB GL available upon arrival? I am so hesitant to reserve with sixt because of vehicle class un-availablity, and also now being charged cancellation fee , just because SIXT would not care to reserve the vehicle class i reserve. Then whats the point of pre-paying for something which you wont even get?

My reservation would be 1/23/2015 to 1/31/2015.LAX.
I dont know how many other Customers to be are hesitant to book with Sixt.

I do not have problem with pre-paying but atleast i would like to have vehicle class reserved for me. i dont mind x5 and i dont mind GL.
My honeymoon will be ruined if Sixt does that to me. Please shedd some light on this .

sorry for the long post, and many thanks for your help.

Edited to add, This is a great helpful forum, and i just learned, I can be platinum status member with sixt since i am a world elite mastercard card holder. what would be the perks for being sixt platinum card member?

Last edited by shaky1977; Dec 23, 2014 at 4:02 pm
Old Dec 24, 2014, 2:42 am

Sixt reply

Hi shaky1977,

Usually, if a vehicle in the booked category is not available then we would always offer you a suitable alternative. However, please make your reservation as normal and send me a private message with your reservation number. I'll speak to the branch manager on your behalf and ensure that you receive one of these vehicles for your hire.

With a platinum card, you would be entitled to an up to 15% discount on all standard hires, and a free upgrade subject to availability.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by shaky1977
Hi jess,
We will be going from JFK to LAX on our honey moon, and I wanted to book reservation with Sixt for BMW X5, or similar, which is MB GL. SUV's.

For pre paid reservation I called customer service and inquired about couple of things..
I asked, since its a prepaid reservation, what if there are no X5 or GL are available upon arrival @ lax, since i am not interested in any other car or suv, will I be able to cancel my pre paid reservation since sixt would not be able to provide promised suv category??

I was told YES you can cancel the reservation BUT there will be cancellation charge, and we can not do anything about it, you will have to dispute the cancellation charge with your Credit Card company, excuse me?

I did not understand this policy, and dont like this policy.

How likely it is that LAX sixt will have X5 or MB GL available upon arrival? I am so hesitant to reserve with sixt because of vehicle class un-availablity, and also now being charged cancellation fee , just because SIXT would not care to reserve the vehicle class i reserve. Then whats the point of pre-paying for something which you wont even get?

My reservation would be 1/23/2015 to 1/31/2015.LAX.
I dont know how many other Customers to be are hesitant to book with Sixt.

I do not have problem with pre-paying but atleast i would like to have vehicle class reserved for me. i dont mind x5 and i dont mind GL.
My honeymoon will be ruined if Sixt does that to me. Please shedd some light on this .

sorry for the long post, and many thanks for your help.

Edited to add, This is a great helpful forum, and i just learned, I can be platinum status member with sixt since i am a world elite mastercard card holder. what would be the perks for being sixt platinum card member?
Old Dec 26, 2014, 7:35 am

This probably isn't the place to post this, but what the heck. I'm Platinum level with Sixt and I am surprised that I have to pay $9.99 a day in the US for my wife to be added on to the car rental. I am similar levels with Hertz and Avis and those are automatic. I thought it would be the same with Sixt. Something Sixt should think about because the extra costs seems just punitive as opposed to necessary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.