Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 9:51 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Sixt Reply

Hi Matthias,

We don't guarantee make and model I'm afraid, as the vehicles are subject to availability so I might not be able to advise exactly. But leave it with me, I'll drop the branch an email and see if I can get you some information about what they've currently got on fleet.

Thanks, Jess.
Originally Posted by Matze52
Hi Jess,

thank you for the quick response.
If there are only these two types of vehicles should be enough space.
Could you maybe find out if there are 2014 or 2015 models and wich specs LS ,LT or LTZ.
If it is not also not bad.

Thx
Matthias
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:55 pm

Rental in FRA

Hi there,

I have been reading this thread for a while and am amazed at the level of dedication Sixt has shown to addressing issues and helping customers. As a result, I am looking into Sixt for my next rental which will be in Frankfurt starting either Nov 1st or 2nd and ending Nov 15 or 16th. I am looking at the FDMR and SSMR class as I will be traveling alone and space is not a huge concern of mine. I was wondering what models are available for those classes. ie c220 or 320d or 228. I was also curious if any of the cars might have GPS even though it is not listed as a stand feature for the class.

Thanks in advance!

Fletcher
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Originally Posted by R1C3RCKT
I ... am amazed at the level of dedication Sixt has shown to addressing issues and helping customers. ...
Me too! I have been Sixt Platinum since i had an offer to match DL SM Diamond to Sixt Platinum a few years ago. Since that time I have rented in IIRC, Singapore (an MB S-class once) , Athens (an MB S-class one time), Frankfurt, Berlin, London, Miami, Johannesburg, Cape Town and other places too. I have never had an unsatisfactory experience. Just below I comment on an involuntary downgrade at MIA, for which I had a nearly instant refund (Louise volunteered to look into it for me but they'd solved the problem before she had a chance.

During far too many years of constant car rentals Sixt has been by far the best o me. I have high status with Hertz and National, neither of which approaches Sixt quality, even in franchise locations, like South Africa.

Then, what other car rental company pays such close attention to us on FlyerTalk?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 5:20 pm

I see on Facebook, Sixt mentioned a special deal for XTAR or FFAR one way from SEA to LAX, maybe moving cars for winter demand, esp the convertible. Yet when I go to the Sixt site, I see nothing of this, and rates aren't remarkably good. Is there really some kind of drive-out promotion?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:16 am

Sixt Reply

Hi Fletcher,

Thanks for your feedback. It's always great to hear your comments.

Unfortunately, we are unable to confirm the exact model of vehicles in each category, as our fleet is constantly changing due to availability and demand.

However, should you choose an FDMR category, you will receive either a BMW 3 series or a Mercedes C Class. Alternatively, should you select an SSMR vehicle you will receive either a BMW 2er Coupé or a VW Scirocco.

As we can't guarantee the model, we can't guarantee if it will be one with an inbuilt satellite navigation system. The best way to secure yourself a navigation system is to add one onto your booking. This can be done for a small additional daily charge. Please note that the device will be a chargeable extra even if it is already inbuilt into the vehicle. So, when you add the system onto your reservation you will receive ether a vehicle with one already included, or the handheld version of the device.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by R1C3RCKT
Hi there,

I have been reading this thread for a while and am amazed at the level of dedication Sixt has shown to addressing issues and helping customers. As a result, I am looking into Sixt for my next rental which will be in Frankfurt starting either Nov 1st or 2nd and ending Nov 15 or 16th. I am looking at the FDMR and SSMR class as I will be traveling alone and space is not a huge concern of mine. I was wondering what models are available for those classes. ie c220 or 320d or 228. I was also curious if any of the cars might have GPS even though it is not listed as a stand feature for the class.

Thanks in advance!

Fletcher
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:21 am

Sixt Reply

Hi,

It's not something that I've heard of in the UK. But I'll be more than happy to contact the team in the US and see what we can do for you.

I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks, Jess.
Originally Posted by ww88ww
I see on Facebook, Sixt mentioned a special deal for XTAR or FFAR one way from SEA to LAX, maybe moving cars for winter demand, esp the convertible. Yet when I go to the Sixt site, I see nothing of this, and rates aren't remarkably good. Is there really some kind of drive-out promotion?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi Vinotraveller,

The information we have doesn't specifically state whether it is available so I have sent a request to the branch asking for further information regarding their delivery and collection procedures. I shall come back you as soon as possible with their reply.

I hope this is okay.

Kind regards, Louise.
Did they ever get back to you Louise?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:17 am

I am 24 and I can't take advantage of any special offers on cool cars in the USA which are cheaper than the normal cars ATM. Can I book a CLA for $40, then at the counter they downgrade me to an Accent for the same price? An Accent is $55!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:26 am

Sixt Reply

Hi Vinotraveller,

Unfortunately, we haven't had replies to the emails that have been sent, and we can't seem to reach them directly via telephone.

I'm happy to try the general customer service team for France if you wouldn't mind waiting a little longer?

Many thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
Did they ever get back to you Louise?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:49 am

Sixt Reply

Hi, thanks for your message.

Unfortunately, due to your age you wouldn't be able to make a booking for a higher category vehicle and receive a downgrade for the same price. As per our terms, the vehicles are subject to availability, so the branch wouldn't be able to give you the higher vehicle if no downgrades were available. Therefore, in this instance you would need to book the category that you are able to drive.

However, if you follow the below link you can get up to a 10% discount.

http://bit.ly/FlyertalkLH

I hope that helps.

Thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by yorkacuk
I am 24 and I can't take advantage of any special offers on cool cars in the USA which are cheaper than the normal cars ATM. Can I book a CLA for $40, then at the counter they downgrade me to an Accent for the same price? An Accent is $55!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Originally Posted by yorkacuk
I do not understand. You would prefer an Accent to a CLA? I'm sure they'd be happen to downgrade you if you ask nicely, but why?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by jbcarioca
I do not understand. You would prefer an Accent to a CLA? I'm sure they'd be happen to downgrade you if you ask nicely, but why?
Because they can't rent out a a CLA to a person below 25...

@Jess - thanks for the link discount link here, but still seems more expensive than booking straight from sixt.com? ($35 more for the rental I'm looking at)
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by studentCPH
Because they can't rent out a a CLA to a person below 25...

@Jess - thanks for the link discount link here, but still seems more expensive than booking straight from sixt.com? ($35 more for the rental I'm looking at)
Now I understand. I guess it's been a long time since i was under 25
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi Fletcher,

Thanks for your feedback. It's always great to hear your comments.

Unfortunately, we are unable to confirm the exact model of vehicles in each category, as our fleet is constantly changing due to availability and demand.

However, should you choose an FDMR category, you will receive either a BMW 3 series or a Mercedes C Class. Alternatively, should you select an SSMR vehicle you will receive either a BMW 2er Coupé or a VW Scirocco.

As we can't guarantee the model, we can't guarantee if it will be one with an inbuilt satellite navigation system. The best way to secure yourself a navigation system is to add one onto your booking. This can be done for a small additional daily charge. Please note that the device will be a chargeable extra even if it is already inbuilt into the vehicle. So, when you add the system onto your reservation you will receive ether a vehicle with one already included, or the handheld version of the device.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Jess.
Thank you for the prompt response! I was hoping to find out what is generally in the fleet are they bottom spec C180 or 316? or closer to midspec c and 3 series models? respectively for the SSMR class are they 120hp Sciroccos and 218 or more mid-range? Anyone with previous experience is welcome to chime in? Suggestions for other classes that are manual and have a certain "fun" factor are also welcome, prefer to not rent an econobox

Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:14 am

Sixt Reply

Hi, thanks for your patience.

I've spoken to the team in the US regarding this and they've advised that it's not a specific promotion as such. Rather, the general rates for booking these vehicles one way from SEA to LAX have been discounted. Therefore, you will not see any promotional rates or discounts as the whole price for these vehicles and locations has just been lowered.

If you're not able to find a quote for this on the website, then I would recommend giving the reservations team a call and see if there's something that they can do for you.

Many thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by ww88ww

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.