Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:11 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi,

In the CXMR category you would get something like a VW Golf, BMW 1er and a Ford B-Max, all with built in sat nav. The next vehicle category up would include the BMW 1er, Mercedes Benz A Klasse or the VW Golf GTI/GTD. If you book the CXMR category you could get a vehicle in the CPMR as your free upgrade with your platinum card, if available.

I hope this helps and if you need anything else please let me know.

Thanks, Louise.

Originally Posted by oxymoron
Louise, could you please let me know what cars are available in germany for CXMR ? Is it possible to get a BMW or Audi for a platinum card holder for this class ?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
I am a United 1K. Do I understand it right that I can get Sixt Platinum status automatically?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:22 am

Hi,

That is correct, we would be able to status match you straight to our platinum card. All we ask is that you send us proof of your status with United and we could action it for your today.

If you want to send me a private message, I can give you my email address and you can send me your documents that way?

Many thanks, Louise.

Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
I am a United 1K. Do I understand it right that I can get Sixt Platinum status automatically?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
I must now admit that one does not always win with Sixt.

I reserved an XCAR at MIA to pick up last week. My vehicle was a BMW 528, but as I was leaving the station it became apparent that it had a flat tire, so I turned around to the Sixt lot and asked for a replacement. They did not have one, but offered me a MB E-class convertible, not a practical choice since i had lots of luggage and would be hauling four clients. OK, said they, and gave me a MB CLA, brand new, but quite small, no GPS, no Sirius, no any amenity whatsoever. My first CLA, I was surprised to find ti was rough, unrefined and too small for all my passengers. We ended out using a taxi for two of them because they would not fit. Sixt had no replacements available for two days so I finally gave up. Now the oddity- because they copleted paperwork for the faulty 528 my charged remained those of the XCAR rather than the downgrade that happened. They told me maybe that could be done after returning the car.

During the last three years that I have ben using Sixt this is my first really unsatisfactory experience. We shall see how it turns out.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 4:02 am

Programs: Many
Sixt not accepting Amex?

Dear SixtCustomerServices,

I have just made a reservation on sixt.com and I am very surprised to be informed that I must present a Visa or Mastercard only upon check-in.

In the past, all my reservations have been paid through Amex, the main reason for that being much better insurances with Amex than Visa or Mastercard.

Is that new?

Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: Avis First, Hertz PC, National EE,Enterprise Pt, Sixt Plantinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi,

That is correct, we would be able to status match you straight to our platinum card. All we ask is that you send us proof of your status with United and we could action it for your today.

If you want to send me a private message, I can give you my email address and you can send me your documents that way?

Many thanks, Louise.
I also want to status match to my Hilton Diamond. I have a Sixt reservation coming up and please help me to match to Platinum. I sent you a PM for your email so I can send you my docs.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:20 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by winben
I also want to status match to my Hilton Diamond. I have a Sixt reservation coming up and please help me to match to Platinum. I sent you a PM for your email so I can send you my docs.
I just took a photo of my HHonours card and emailed that along with my Sixt number to the reservations-usa[at]sixt.com email address and they emailed back a few days later to confirm it had been done and a new card would be in the mail.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:26 am

Hi winben,

I have just sent you my email address in the private message. I look forward to hearing from you soon

Many thanks, Louise.

Originally Posted by winben
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:30 am

Hi bodory, thank you for your message.

The AMEX card should be accepted at all of our locations so I am surprised to hear you have received information that contradicts this. If you can send me your reservation number within a private message, I'd be happy to take a look further into this for you.

Many thanks, Louise.

Originally Posted by bodory
Dear SixtCustomerServices,

I have just made a reservation on sixt.com and I am very surprised to be informed that I must present a Visa or Mastercard only upon check-in.

In the past, all my reservations have been paid through Amex, the main reason for that being much better insurances with Amex than Visa or Mastercard.

Is that new?

Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:41 am

Hi jbcarioca,

I'm sorry to hear that your recent Sixt experience was not what you expect and deserve as our customer. If you can please send me a private message with your reservation number included, I will be happy to take a look into this for you.

Many thanks, Louise.

Originally Posted by jbcarioca
I must now admit that one does not always win with Sixt.

I reserved an XCAR at MIA to pick up last week. My vehicle was a BMW 528, but as I was leaving the station it became apparent that it had a flat tire, so I turned around to the Sixt lot and asked for a replacement. They did not have one, but offered me a MB E-class convertible, not a practical choice since i had lots of luggage and would be hauling four clients. OK, said they, and gave me a MB CLA, brand new, but quite small, no GPS, no Sirius, no any amenity whatsoever. My first CLA, I was surprised to find ti was rough, unrefined and too small for all my passengers. We ended out using a taxi for two of them because they would not fit. Sixt had no replacements available for two days so I finally gave up. Now the oddity- because they copleted paperwork for the faulty 528 my charged remained those of the XCAR rather than the downgrade that happened. They told me maybe that could be done after returning the car.

During the last three years that I have ben using Sixt this is my first really unsatisfactory experience. We shall see how it turns out.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:46 am

Hi mmo1184.

Thank you very much for your patience, I have now received a response from our team in France. They have advised that as well as the Renault Megane, they also hold the Peugeot 2008 and the Toyota Auris in the CDAR category.

I hope this information helps and if you need anything further please let me know.

Many thanks, Louise.

Originally Posted by mmo1184
Louise,

I appreciate your persistence. I am in no rush and thank you again.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:36 am

I tried a separate thread but maybe here i will be helped earlier:

I am planning to rent a car @LAX and also want to go to Monument Valley, Page and Kanab, wich is in Utah or i need to pass the Arizona/Utah "border".

Did I understand Sixt´s T&C correct, that i will be charged for mileage in UT if i rent a car @LAX. How will this be policed?

Do i need to pay the fine of 0,50$ per every mile i go in the rental period or only the Utah one´s?

Kind regards
Marc
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:07 am

Louise,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it very much. I would like to send you a private message with my reservation number so that if possible you could put in a note for a request for a car from a French manufacturer. I know there are no guarantees but I'd like to try. Thank you
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:02 am

Hi,

When collecting from LAX you are only eligible to drive into Arizona, Oregon, Washington and Nevada. In case of cross border travel into a state that is not mentioned you will be charged $0.50 per mile driven for the entire rental period. All vehicles are fitted with trackers so this charge would be calculated at the end of the rental period.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need anything further.

Kind regards, Louise.

Originally Posted by MarcM
I tried a separate thread but maybe here i will be helped earlier:

I am planning to rent a car @LAX and also want to go to Monument Valley, Page and Kanab, wich is in Utah or i need to pass the Arizona/Utah "border".

Did I understand Sixt´s T&C correct, that i will be charged for mileage in UT if i rent a car @LAX. How will this be policed?

Do i need to pay the fine of 0,50$ per every mile i go in the rental period or only the Utah one´s?

Kind regards
Marc
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:24 am

Hi mmo1184,

Your private message has been received and a request has been placed on your booking. I have also sent a email to the branch manager advising of your request and I can assure you the team will do their utmost to provide you with a great vehicle

I hope this is all okay for you and I hope you have a great trip !

Many thanks, Louise.

Originally Posted by mmo1184
Louise,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it very much. I would like to send you a private message with my reservation number so that if possible you could put in a note for a request for a car from a French manufacturer. I know there are no guarantees but I'd like to try. Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.