Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Sixt at MIA has its own thread. Lots of opinions there for you

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sixt/...ental-mia.html
Thanks! I am reading it now...
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:52 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi pinniped,

Thanks for your post. I am sorry to hear of the difficulty you have encountered whilst trying to obtain a quote on the special offer rates emailed to you.

Please could you send me a private message with the details of the reservation you are trying to make, and I will look into this further for you.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by pinniped
I get your emails regularly and occasionally click through to try to book a rental. However, I have almost a 0% hit rate on successfully booking the advertised offer in the email. It really feels like a bait and switch. I know there's the fine print about "subject to availability", but in almost all cases, the cars are available - just at 2 or 3 times the rate advertised in the email.

Yes, I always read the fine print for minimum rental length, booking/rental dates, or any other obvious exclusions. We're usually talking 3-day weekend rentals here: right in the sweet spot for the offer to actually work.

Tried today on the $39/$49 Premium/Luxury offer and got this message:

The exact cars *are* available, and c'mon, I seriously doubt you're fetching them from another location and sending them across the country on a flatbed truck for my completely cancellable reservation. They're there, it's a weekend rental, there are probably 50 of them available, but not for $39 or $49.

Anyway, if I'm doing something wrong, I'd sure like to know what. Otherwise I'm getting close to just dumping these emails to the spam folder.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:32 am

Hi deltaflyer83,

Thanks for your post. I can confrim that a deposit will be blocked for a pre-paid rental in the same manner as a pay on arrival booking. This can be up to 3 times the cost of the rental, depending on the vehicle type.

I hope this solves your query and if you require any further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by deltaflyer83
Hi Gary,

I have made a prepaid Reservationen for Miami in August 2014. Does Sixt block a deposit even for those kind of reservations? If yes, how high would be this? The total rental is only 530 USD.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:12 am

Hi mrblack84,

Thanks for your post. I can confirm that you will receive a double upgrade in Las Vegas, subject to availability, when booking with your diamond card.

The upgrade will de dependent on the fleet they have available at the time you collect your vehicle, and the vehicle category that you have booked.

To avoid disappointment, we would always advise you to book the vehicle class that you would like, and any upgrade would be a bonus.

I hope this helps, and if you have any further questions please feel free to contact me directly.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by mrblack84
Dear Sixt Customer Team!

I am planning to rent a car in Las Vegas for about two weeks.

Its my first rent in the USA. In Germany I received Diamond status.
Is there any upgrade policy in the USA?
Which upgrades may I expect?
Will my status be acknowledged?
I would like two drive a 5 Series / E-Class / 6 Series / GL / American V8 car.

Thanks in advance,

Will
Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:25 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Fort Lauderdale

Meanwhile half an hour away in

Miami

My question being, what are you guys smoking in South Florida? For a 4 day rental in February it actually works out cheaper to book the Fort Lauderdale rental and fly there from Miami via Dallas to pick it up.

Why are prices for MIA in February off the scale?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:29 am

Hi Gary, many thanks for your reply, I have forwarded you all the details via email, please let me know if you need anything else, thanks for your help

Suzanne Shaw
Old Feb 5, 2014, 1:25 pm

car hire geneva

Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
Hi,

I'm Gary Coughlan, I am the Customer Service Manager for Sixt in the U.K.

If anybody has any questions I will do my best to provide an answer.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 1:41 pm

Red face car hire geneva

Hi Gary i have just received e mail from sixt claiming damage to car i returned on Monday at Geneva Airport . I am very upset by this as the car was inspected on return and there was defiantly no damage ,, caused by me..

I am particularly upset as this follows a rental I did at Christmas where I left my i phone on seat when returning the car. 15 minutes later when realising the phone had gone , I reported this to the desk who said they would investigate and post it to me . Nothing came,, I have not taken this further as leaving the phone was my own carelessness but on top of the attempt to blame me for damage on latest trip has left me rather annoyed . i can forward you the e mail sent to me if u let me have an e mail address
yours john kane

ps I do have annual excess insurance , but on principle I do not think they should be paying for damage not caused by me .
Old Feb 6, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SAS Gold, Sixt Platinum
Marseille

Hi Gary. First i would like to thank you for helping me a year ago.
Now i wondered what car i can expect in Marseille. I have booked a FDAR Infiniti Q50?

Thanks again
Old Feb 7, 2014, 2:12 am

Hi johnkane,

Thanks for your post. I am sorry to hear about your recent experience after your rental in Switzerland. Please could you email me directly with your reservation number and the informaton you mentioned in your post and I will be happy to look into this for you.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by johnkane
Hi Gary i have just received e mail from sixt claiming damage to car i returned on Monday at Geneva Airport . I am very upset by this as the car was inspected on return and there was defiantly no damage ,, caused by me..

I am particularly upset as this follows a rental I did at Christmas where I left my i phone on seat when returning the car. 15 minutes later when realising the phone had gone , I reported this to the desk who said they would investigate and post it to me . Nothing came,, I have not taken this further as leaving the phone was my own carelessness but on top of the attempt to blame me for damage on latest trip has left me rather annoyed . i can forward you the e mail sent to me if u let me have an e mail address
yours john kane

ps I do have annual excess insurance , but on principle I do not think they should be paying for damage not caused by me .
Old Feb 7, 2014, 2:56 am

Hi norvagabond,

Thanks for your post. I can confirm that in Marseille, the current fleet for the category FDAR is an Infiniti Q50, or BMW 3 series. However, as the fleet gets updated regularly, a different vehicle of the same class may be provided for your reservation.

I hope this helps, and if you require any further information please feel free to contact me directly.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by norvagabond
Hi Gary. First i would like to thank you for helping me a year ago.
Now i wondered what car i can expect in Marseille. I have booked a FDAR Infiniti Q50?

Thanks again
Old Feb 7, 2014, 12:41 pm

geneva

Hi havent had a reply from you ref my booking , any progress?
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:51 pm
SLV

Programs: Hertz PC
Is it true there is no fee for renters 21-25?
Old Feb 9, 2014, 9:48 pm

Hi Gary

My reservation is for a 9PM pickup and my flight doesn't arrive at MIA until 9:25. Should I call and let the desk know that it might be 10PM before I pick up the car? I only ask because I read someone had an experience where they were 45 minutes past their reserve time and rez wasn't honored.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 4:41 am

Hi johnkane,

I am unable to further your query until I have received the details requested in my previous post. Please could you send me the reservation number along with any relevant documentation directly to me at [email protected] and I will be happy to assist you with this.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by johnkane
Hi havent had a reply from you ref my booking , any progress?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.