Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:00 am
Company Representative - Sixt
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Thanks for all the helpful feedback.
My Qs:
1) My platinum card expired 2/28. How do I renew?
2) Is there a diamond level for United FFs, e.g. Global, 1K, Millionmilers?
Hi,

Please send me an e-mail with your card number and I'll check the expiry.

The top status for United is Platinum. Diamond cards are available by invitation only.

Best regards
Gary

Last edited by Gary Coughlan; Mar 7, 2011 at 3:01 am
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Hi Gary,

Can you confirm how long it takes for your partners to post reward points (e.g. Hilton HHonors) gained on Sixt bookings?

Thanks
Old Mar 4, 2011, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gcampbell
Hi Gary,

Can you confirm how long it takes for your partners to post reward points (e.g. Hilton HHonors) gained on Sixt bookings?

Thanks
Hi gcampbell,

It normally takes between 3-4 weeks to show on your account.

Let me know if you are missing any after this time and I'll check for you.

Best regards
Gary
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
Hi SunshineStay,

Could you send an e-mail to me [email protected] with your Express card number and I'll check this for you.

Best regards
Gary
Hi Gary,

thanks for the offer. I sent you an e-mail a few hours earlier.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 11:38 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
XDAR fleet in Frankfurt

The website says only Jaguar XJ or BMW 7-series are available. When I rented an XDAR car two years ago for a week, there was a much wider selection, Benz S-Class, Audi A8 (my favorite!), and VW Phaeton. Can you see if the website is accurate or if there really are more XDAR cars to choose from? A lot of times, I arrive early and wander around in the airport trying to find a car I'd really like. Thanks so much.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wiggums
The website says only Jaguar XJ or BMW 7-series are available. When I rented an XDAR car two years ago for a week, there was a much wider selection, Benz S-Class, Audi A8 (my favorite!), and VW Phaeton. Can you see if the website is accurate or if there really are more XDAR cars to choose from? A lot of times, I arrive early and wander around in the airport trying to find a car I'd really like. Thanks so much.
Hi Wiggums,

I'll check with the Station Manager and let you know.

Best regards
Gary
Old Mar 7, 2011, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wiggums
Hi Wiggum,

You can expect to receive one of the following Jaguar XJ, BMW 7-series (730,740 and 750) and the Mercedes S-Class. At the moment we do not have the Audi A8 and the VW Phaeton but that can always change.

Best regards
Gary
Old Mar 7, 2011, 8:52 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Great, thanks so much for getting back to me. I was hoping for the Audi A8... but the 7 series will do for now.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
Hi MileKing,

The Express Card can take up to 3 weeks to arrive, but you can still obtain the benefits of the card by logging in with the Express Card online, or simply by mentioning the Express card if making the reservation over the telephone.

I hope this information helps.

Gary
Hello MileKing,
I can confirm that the card was stamped and posted on end of January. Therefore you should have received it by now. Please could you e-mail me, [email protected], your address details, so that I can check if we have the correct address and place a new stamping order for you.

Many Thanks
Best Regards
Sabine
Old Mar 8, 2011, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Thanks for all the helpful feedback.
My Qs:
1) My platinum card expired 2/28. How do I renew?
2) Is there a diamond level for United FFs, e.g. Global, 1K, Millionmilers?
Dear Cesco,
I can confirm that your Platinum card is valid until the 12/2049. If you wish I can send you a new Platinum card out.

In the moment is a Miles and More number linked to your Platinum card. Would you like to change it to your United membership? If so, please could you e-mail me, [email protected], with a screen shot of your United status with your membership number and I will be happy to amend this for you.

I also saw that your credit card has been expired, which would needs to be updated before you place a new reservation.

Many Thanks
Best Regards
Sabine
Old Mar 8, 2011, 7:20 am

Hi Gary,

Could you please check with your Swedish colleagues if there is out of hours charge on bank holidays during normal opening hours? Rental confirmation doesn't show any but if I understand rental conditions correctly there is extra fee on public holidays. Location is Skavsta airport and date 22.04.11.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
Got the answer already - no extra fees during bank holidays at least on Skavsta airport location.

Last edited by maxj555; Mar 9, 2011 at 5:24 am
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, CO, LH, Sixt Plat
CLMR Brussels

Hi Gary,

I've got a CLMR reserved in Brussels from late May to early June. Wondering what the availability is (website showed photo of BMW 1 Series or VW Golf) and if there's any chance of a special being offered for an upgrade at that location.

Also, I would like to know how to have my pre-purchase rental applied to a frequent flier program as I could not determine that on your website.

Thanks so much!

Also, love that you and Sabine are so active on here. It says a lot about Sixt's commitment to customer service.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 2:21 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by maxj555
Hi Gary,

Could you please check with your Swedish colleagues if there is out of hours charge on bank holidays during normal opening hours? Rental confirmation doesn't show any but if I understand rental conditions correctly there is extra fee on public holidays. Location is Skavsta airport and date 22.04.11.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
Got the answer already - no extra fees during bank holidays at least on Skavsta airport location.
Hi maxj555,

You beat me to it but I can confirm that there are no extra fees during bank holidays at Skavsta Airport.

Thanks, Marie from CS Team at Sixt UK.

Originally Posted by culverlake
Hi Gary,

I've got a CLMR reserved in Brussels from late May to early June. Wondering what the availability is (website showed photo of BMW 1 Series or VW Golf) and if there's any chance of a special being offered for an upgrade at that location.

Also, I would like to know how to have my pre-purchase rental applied to a frequent flier program as I could not determine that on your website.

Thanks so much!

Also, love that you and Sabine are so active on here. It says a lot about Sixt's commitment to customer service.

Hi culverlake,

Please can you e-mail me your Sixt reservation number and I can look into this for you. My e-mail address is [email protected]

Thank you, Marie at Sixt UK

Last edited by Canarsie; Mar 10, 2011 at 11:23 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by ARW83
Hi Snyder

My names Adam and I'm the reservations manager for Sixt in the UK

Please feel free to email me your details over and I will be more than happy to help

Please send the details to [email protected]

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Adam
Just want to extend many thanks to Adam and the rest of the Sixt online team for helping me book a rental in Germany. It was my first european rental and was a little daunting at first, but everyone at Sixt was very helpful and made the process very smooth. They helped me get a great rate that was below my budget, so now we have more beer money! I highly recommend Sixt (especially the online team who regularly post here) to anyone looking for a european rental in the future. Thanks again for all the help.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:33 pm

SIXT in Germany

Hi Gary

Thanks for putting yourself out there and receiving all these questions.
I want to rent a car for a month at Frankfurt Airport and have a lot of questions.
I can find a site anywhere for english.
Can you provide me with an email of the Frankfurt Office so I can email them with all the specifics?

Thanks

Kellie from Canada

QUOTE=Gary Coughlan;14333337]Hi,

I'm Gary Coughlan, I am the Customer Service Manager for Sixt in the U.K.

If anybody has any questions I will do my best to provide an answer.[/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.