Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT - Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
When: January 2015
Booked: Renault Duster
Received: Some big Chevrolet People Carrier - the name escapes me! It was delivered directly to our hotel by a lovely guy who also picked it up the next day. Thanks Sixt Mendoza!
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
When: January 2015
Booked: FDMR - BMW Series 3 or Equivalent
Received: Proactively offered an upgrade as a Platinum. A choice of an Audi Q3 or a BMW 5 Series X Drive Estate with NAV. Went for the BMW, a beautiful car with only 2000km on the clock and totally spotless, White leather interior with piano black wood. Yet again the whole team at Toulouse looked after me fantastically, both pick up and drop off were seamless. Has to be one of the most consistently great locations for vehicle choice and customer care. Bravo!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:13 am

Whom can I PM to add a note to a reservation I have upcoming in Berlin?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:49 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Sixt Customer Service

Hi,

Please send me a private message with your reservation number and I will be sure to take a look at this for you.

Thanks,
Ruth.

Originally Posted by welch9
Whom can I PM to add a note to a reservation I have upcoming in Berlin?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: LH FTL
When: Feb 2015
Booked: CXMR
Received: Mercedes Benz B-class 180
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: HHD
No status: booked a Soda Octavia Combo, but it was not available with winter tires, so they gave me a BMW 2 Tourer 2.0D
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:45 pm

Programs: Azul Diamond, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, ALL Gold, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE
When: Feb 2015
Booked: FCAR
Received: Mercedes-Benz CLA (PCAR) - the branch did not have any LCAR available at the pickup, therefore could only upgrade me to PCAR.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Booked: PCAR
Received: SRX (LFAR) offered but paid an $10/day upgrade a XFAR (2015 X5).
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:52 am

Company long term rental

Good morning,
I have a CDMA booked for 2 months at Friedrich-Ebert-Damm 160, 22047 Hamburg and my colleague has the same from Hamburg Airport.

In your experience is it easy to get am upgrade on a long term rental? We will be paying with the company CC.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:26 pm

Thumbs up

Hello. This is my first post here, I just found your forum today. Hi from Norway.

Booked: LTMX - Audi S5 Cabrio
Received: XTAN - Mercedes 400 SL

Was asked if I could wait a little while at the counter, the S5 was not ready yet, so I went for a snack and came back after app. 45 mins. The car was still not ready, so I got a little upset and told the lady that I actually didn't have time to wait any longer. She then offered me an Audi S6 Avant, but I could not accept that. I had specially booked a convertible for a weekend with a pretty lady.

So after 2-3 mins she took a phonecall, probably to some supervisor, and then gave me the choice between the 400 SL and a BMW 6 serie cabrio (XTAR). I took the Merc.

Nice car, only 1400 km on the meter. After my weekend it had 2250.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Europcar Privilege Executive
Booked: FDAR (my normal rent class)
Received: MB GLK 220 CDI (PFAR)

Tho I have to say it depends a lot on the date in Helsinki.. some days I might not get anything, some days from SDAR -> PDAR.

- o
Old May 6, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Booked: PCAR
Received: XCAR - BMW 5er

First time renting as Platinum. I think the new C class might be a better car, but then again I've never tried it.

I also noticed some V8 Camaro convertible on the lot.
Old May 9, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: SIXT Gold, Europcar Privilege Elite VIP, Avis Preferred Plus, KrisFlyer Elite Silver
Hello all! I'm new here. Anyways, I was in Germany for the first time last January and it was fantastic! As I wanted to enjoy the Autobahn, I rented from Sixt Munich Airport for the duration of my stay.

Here are the details;

Booked: Mercedes C-Class (FDAR)
Received: Volkswagen Touareg V6 TDI (XFAR I believe)

Well, I booked a C-Class because I've always wanted to drive the new W205 C-Class. When time came for me to choose the car (I have the Sixt app on my phone), I was automatically given a BMW 330d xDrive (no choice here). So I went to the rental counter and interestingly enough they gave me a BMW 316i instead of the car stated on the app. I decided to try my luck and see whether they had any C-Class automatic saloons available in their huge parking garage, which they didn't. The agent looked as various cars on her system for me (VW Touareg, Audi A6, Mercedes E-Class, BMW Z4 etc.) and even tried asking me to upgrade to either a S350L Bluetec or S500L. Didn't want any of those as I was purely looking for the C-Class. In the end, I took the 316i and headed for the car. Had a look round outside and inside and decided it might be a little underpowered for me and also the car had a lot of minor damages. So I headed back to the counter and decided to get the Touareg instead as that was the cheapest choice upgrade for me among the cars the agent quoted me. I was actually quite impressed by the Touareg (very powerful and comfortable) and it only had like 1500kms on it which makes it practically brand new. However, there were some minor damages to the left rear bumper of the car which were there prior to pickup and I told the Sixt guy in the carpark about it as the rental agreement stated that the Touareg had no damages and he said not to worry as he checked his hand held device and the damages were already on the system. I received an e-mail a few weeks later regarding this issue and I explained to them what happened and I was not charged for the damage.

Booked: smart fortwo (MBMR)
Received: smart fortwo coupe passion (MBMR)

I dropped the Touareg off a day before I was due to fly back to the UK and picked up a smart fortwo as like the C-Class, I've always wanted to try out the new smart fortwo. I chose a brand new smart fortwo through the app on my phone (there were several other choices with around 500-2500kms on the clock). Surprisingly it was not a bad car at all! Managed around 140-145km/h on the Autobahn and it is good for city driving.

P.S. On a side note, I'm going to Germany again next month, but this time I'm heading for Frankfurt and Stuttgart. I'm thinking of renting FDAR again in hopes of getting a C-Class this time, but I do have a question. Does anyone here know whether Sixt DE has the brand new Jaguar XE in their fleet yet? And if they do, is it part of FDAR as the XE is around the same size as the C-Class/3-Series?
Old May 10, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: Aegean *G
When: May 8 to May 10 2015
Booked: CPMR
Received: received a new Passat SW. car had 20000km and was a 2.0lt diesel. Was not fully loaded but had adaptive cruise control and electric seats. drove around for about 600kms in 3 days. average consumption was 5,6lt/km. not bad for of its size. initial impressions at the check in desk were negative. sixt employee was bored and not polite. she then disappeared for like 10mins leaving us waiting there. at least when she got back with the keys she told us we were upgraded.
Old May 15, 2015, 11:58 pm

When: May 2015
Booked: Toyota Rav4 SUV (IFAR)
Received: Volvo XC60 SUV (PFAR)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.