SIXT - Upgrades

Old Sep 30, 2014, 7:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Booked: ICAR
Received: IFAR VW Tiguan - First impression was this is an ugly car but actually performs pretty well. Handles a lot better than a Rav-4.

Booked: ICAR
Received: SCAR VW Jetta - Agent was going to assign a Sentra which is ICAR. Only provided a one-class upgrade instead of two-class upgrade after I asked. This is the same location that insist that Versa was an ICAR when sixt.com has it listed as a CCAR.

Last edited by seawolf; Oct 1, 2014 at 8:23 pm
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:38 am

actually not an free upgrade but very nice paid upgrade for around 25 euro.
oroginally booked CPMR, but they only had 1 series in manual and i would like an automatic, then she offered an ww passat estate DSG, IWMR which was actually an free uograde, but then she also mentioned an bmw 520d auto facelift model and it was a no brainer for only 25 euros extra.
very nice car ! and very pleased with rest of the sixt service at hamburg airport
thank you
Old Oct 3, 2014, 6:26 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Danish Ghauri
actually not an free upgrade but very nice paid upgrade for around 25 euro.
oroginally booked CPMR, but they only had 1 series in manual and i would like an automatic, then she offered an ww passat estate DSG, IWMR which was actually an free uograde, but then she also mentioned an bmw 520d auto facelift model and it was a no brainer for only 25 euros extra.
very nice car ! and very pleased with rest of the sixt service at hamburg airport
thank you
If you want an automatic, you should not book CPMR. You should be booking CPAR. If it was a smaller station, you might have been stuck with a manual.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
If you want an automatic, you should not book CPMR. You should be booking CPAR. If it was a smaller station, you might have been stuck with a manual.
Okay, but i cant find the CPAR class on the sixt website when i look at the german cars ?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Booked: PCAR (CLA)
Received: PCAR (Volvo, they dont even stock the CLA). When I expressed frustration at the listing showing me getting a CLA tho they dont even have one....i was reluctantly offered a LCAR (BMW 328i). When i asked about something bigger i was told they had already 'upgraded me' to a LCAR. Which pissed me off a bit more as if i hadnt pushed back in the first place i wouldnt have gotten any upgrade at all (for what its worth i was only renting for 6 hours....)
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:16 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Booked: PCAR (CLA)
Received: PCAR (Volvo, they dont even stock the CLA). When I expressed frustration at the listing showing me getting a CLA tho they dont even have one....i was reluctantly offered a LCAR (BMW 328i). When i asked about something bigger i was told they had already 'upgraded me' to a LCAR. Which pissed me off a bit more as if i hadnt pushed back in the first place i wouldnt have gotten any upgrade at all (for what its worth i was only renting for 6 hours....)
Are you a Platinum with or without the upgrade benefit? If so shouldn't they have offered you the LCAR to begin with considering the upgrade benefit is in US is 2-class?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA, LH, AS, AB

Mannheim Hbf (Can't you tell I'm there a lot...)
Rented FDAR (Merc C-class) + Nav guarantee
Given Merc C class (the 2015 one... so brand spanking new so no complaints), but didn't have a working Nav (was equipped but missing maps) so given A6 Avant. Kinda wished the C class had a working Nav just to test it out.

Munich Arabellapark (In the Westin)
Rented FDAR
Given BMW 420d Convertible
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:51 am
Original Member

Booked: PTMR
Received: Email morning of stating no convertible available and that I will receive an E-Class (PDMR). I quickly cancelled my reservation as I have no desire to pay PTMR if it is not a Z4 and made a new reservation for CPMR. Agent assigned the same E-Class on the CPMR rate.

I booked without NAV. "Somehow" the contract got NAV added on which I corrected before signing the agreement.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
"upgrade"

Booked: PDMR
Received: PDMR

The clerk adviced me that there is no upgrade "since this is already a premium class car".... Nice going!

The car had scratches all over.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Booked: VW Polo Manual
Received: VW Passat CC Manual with NAV

After no upgrade and a tired car on a recent booking from Sixt Barcelona Sants, this nice upgrade was a pleasant surprise!
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:20 pm
Original Member

Booked: FCAR
Received: LCAR - BMW 328i Gran Turismo

Agent was originally going to assign a Honda Accord. I mentioned as Platinum I should be getting a 2-class upgrade.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Booked: PCAR (CLA, tho they dont stock it, assigned a Volvo)
Received: Pushed back about the lack of the advertised CLA and was 'upgraded' to a 3 series, not positive what cat they are
Old Nov 8, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
Hi

Thinking about booking a standard SUV at Sixt PHX for a week in December.

Is it likely I would get upgraded to a Premium SUV as a Platinum?

Any disadvantage booking via Amex Travel vs Sixt online? Prices seem the same...

Thanks!
Old Nov 9, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Booked: FCAR
Received: PCAR (Volvo S60, but offered that or an A3)
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Booked: BMW 3 series saloon manual (FDMR)
Received: BMW 3 series M Sport Estate Auto with NAV (FWAR + NAV)

Another nice rental from the team at TLS - a very friendly Sixt station. See you guys again in 3 weeks :-)

Last edited by Vinotraveller; Nov 10, 2014 at 4:58 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.