FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sixt | Sixt Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sixt-sixt-card-690/)
-   -   Sixt - important items left in car (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sixt-sixt-card/999145-sixt-important-items-left-car.html)

supermasterphil Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Sixt - important items left in car

Hey!

My sister returned a car today (Saturday) with Sixt and she unfortunately forget a couple of important things (7 old laptops but company owned) in the rental car.

This is at a outstation that closes Saturday 12 pm and doesn't open until Monday 8.30 am.

She returned the car to a real person and didn't remember that she still had those computers in there until after they closed. So I drove her back to the place where she had dropped of the car. The car had been re-parked by now and it was even unlocked. Unfortunately, the laptops were no in the trunk anymore.

Now, we are wondering what her options are. She already talked to the Sixt hotline and they told her to show up at the place Monday morning which we will of course do.

Do you think they always check the trunk if there is stuff in there and in case there is, they take it back? I just wonder if they really did, why they didn't call her?

Of course, there is still the chance that they didn't check, just re-parked the car and somebody stole them out of the unlocked car. In this case, is this at least partly the fault of Sixt, that they didn't lock the car over the weekend?

It's kind of important for her to get those laptops back as they belong to some customer or contractor of her employer and she is worried about getting fired.

I am just figuring out if there is anything else we could do until Monday morning! Your help is appreciated!

silversurfer Sep 28, 2009 12:51 am

Originally Posted by supermasterphil (Post 12442734)
Hey!

My sister returned a car today (Saturday) with Sixt and she unfortunately forget a couple of important things (7 old laptops but company owned) in the rental car.

This is at a outstation that closes Saturday 12 pm and doesn't open until Monday 8.30 am.

She returned the car to a real person and didn't remember that she still had those computers in there until after they closed. So I drove her back to the place where she had dropped of the car. The car had been re-parked by now and it was even unlocked. Unfortunately, the laptops were no in the trunk anymore.

Now, we are wondering what her options are. She already talked to the Sixt hotline and they told her to show up at the place Monday morning which we will of course do.

Do you think they always check the trunk if there is stuff in there and in case there is, they take it back? I just wonder if they really did, why they didn't call her?

Of course, there is still the chance that they didn't check, just re-parked the car and somebody stole them out of the unlocked car. In this case, is this at least partly the fault of Sixt, that they didn't lock the car over the weekend?

It's kind of important for her to get those laptops back as they belong to some customer or contractor of her employer and she is worried about getting fired.

I am just figuring out if there is anything else we could do until Monday morning! Your help is appreciated!

7 Laptops:confused: How can you forget that? Anyway, I just forgot once a tape in the car and Sixt found it and called me. They even sent me the tape by post. Itīs really funny, that they habenīt called. But the good thing was that you called the hotline and claimed the missing laptops.

Hope everything will be fine for your sister in the end.