Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt platinum upgrades - is 12-month limit for FFP comps applied in practice?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2008, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I've ignored the big Sixt thread, because it's not coherent or easy to go through.
Got my Sixt Platinum card a few days ago, on the basis of my OK+ status.
Since I prefer public transport when going to big cities, I only make 4-5 rentals a year, let's say about 3 with Sixt.
Card is valid until 2013 (!!), but the terms state that, unless I rent from Sixt more than 20 times a year, the free upgrade is only valid for the first 12 months of card validity. Is this something that gets overlooked in practice, or will they actually tell me to sod off if I have a rental in a year's time and ask them for an upgrade?
Old Jan 22, 2008, 2:27 am

Due to my expirience it is overlooked most of the time by the Stations, but sometimes you get what you payed for.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by graraps
Card is valid until 2013 (!!), but the terms state that, unless I rent from Sixt more than 20 times a year, the free upgrade is only valid for the first 12 months of card validity. Is this something that gets overlooked in practice, or will they actually tell me to sod off if I have a rental in a year's time and ask them for an upgrade?
I think this is nonsense. just think about it: this means the sixt computer system can differentiate between platinum by LH senator status and platinum through 20rentals. and in addition the computer checks constantly if you have 20 rentals in the last year???
I cannot believe that they have a computer system that sophisticated.
I have never heard of these terms and conditions. where did you find them?

btw, following the webpage, platinum cards cannot be achieved anymore through 20rentals, the button doesnt exist under SIXT CARDS
Old Jan 31, 2008, 7:56 am

Programs: Sixt,M&M,MC
Sixt told me that you keep the Status you have reached with Sixt no matter what. This means, that they will send you a new Platinum Card automatically if your current Card expires.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 9:16 am
Ben

Programs: SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Kempinski Private,HH Gold,Interconti Plat,Sofitel Gold,AmEx Cent, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by sixtisbest
btw, following the webpage, platinum cards cannot be achieved anymore through 20rentals, the button doesnt exist under SIXT CARDS
When calling the hotline, you will be asked by an automatic system if you are waiting for your gold or platinum card, because you rented 5 resp. 20 times a year. It seems you can still earn the status by renting a car regularly.

graraps, do you have any information concerning the t&c, you told us?
Old Feb 11, 2008, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ben
When calling the hotline, you will be asked by an automatic system if you are waiting for your gold or platinum card, because you rented 5 resp. 20 times a year. It seems you can still earn the status by renting a car regularly.

graraps, do you have any information concerning the t&c, you told us?

They were the contents of the letter ("signed" by Mr. Sixt) and info pack sent to me with my card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.