Late SIXT pick up from LHR

Old May 10, 2007, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, AMEX PLAT
Late SIXT pick up from LHR

I have a scheduled arrival at LHR next week at 2155. I just noticed on the SIXT web page that their LHR location closes at 2200 until 0630. Do they have any sort of late pick up mechanism? Will they deliver car to hotel next day? Who ever heard of an airport location that is not open 24/7?
Old May 12, 2007, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by Paolo01
I have a scheduled arrival at LHR next week at 2155. I just noticed on the SIXT web page that their LHR location closes at 2200 until 0630. Do they have any sort of late pick up mechanism? Will they deliver car to hotel next day? Who ever heard of an airport location that is not open 24/7?
Ok, I just called Sixt LHR and asked them about the late pick up. They do in fact have a late pick up, but it is almost bizzar. You have to call when you land. They will leave a rep at the Sixt counter and charge you 25GBP an hour until you pick up the car. You then call once you have your luggage. They will have the shuttle pick you up.

Does this even make sense? I am confused about not having a 24 hour counter and then charging you to keep the counter open for a rental reservation?

Has anybody got any experience with Sixt LHR? This is my first Sixt experience. Are they worth the premium? In the US, I am a Hertz guy, should I maintain my Hertz loyalty and not try Sixt out? Hertz has a 24 hour counter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.