Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beware of CDG T1 stn

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down Beware of CDG T1 stn

I prepaid for a 11d rental with the basic LDW/CDW with 2000€ excess.

When arrived the station, the SixT staff offered me their zero excess insurance as usual.

I clearly said "no". The SixT staff speaks fluent English and I'm 100% sure he understood I declined his offer.

I think most FTers can guess out what happened and why I complained here -- he added the most expensive insurance option in the agreement. And charged me extra 302€ -- 30% more of my original rental -- and I can only find it out after the rental completed.

I knew it's my fault as I should double-check the printed agreement on spot. I have read similar travel scams by different car renters in FT and TA. It's my bad.

I have had same experience before with another renter and I spotted their trick right after they handed me the paper.

It's the painful lesson learned for me. Just want to remind again all fellow FTers. Double-check the rental agreement before you leave the counter. Don't trust what they spoke to you.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:47 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Sixt Customer Service

Hi,

Can you please send me a private message with the details of your rental so that I can take a look into this.

Thanks, Ruth.

Originally Posted by lewisyu
I prepaid for a 11d rental with the basic LDW/CDW with 2000€ excess.

When arrived the station, the SixT staff offered me their zero excess insurance as usual.

I clearly said "no". The SixT staff speaks fluent English and I'm 100% sure he understood I declined his offer.

I think most FTers can guess out what happened and why I complained here -- he added the most expensive insurance option in the agreement. And charged me extra 302€ -- 30% more of my original rental -- and I can only find it out after the rental completed.

I knew it's my fault as I should double-check the printed agreement on spot. I have read similar travel scams by different car renters in FT and TA. It's my bad.

I have had same experience before with another renter and I spotted their trick right after they handed me the paper.

It's the painful lesson learned for me. Just want to remind again all fellow FTers. Double-check the rental agreement before you leave the counter. Don't trust what they spoke to you.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:25 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

We do our best to reduce the possibility of misunderstandings which is why we provide you with a detailed breakdown of all charges on the rental contract. Of course if we have made a mistake on the rental contract we would simply ask that you bring this to our attention. If you have already left the location we would recommend that you do contact the rental station to inform them.

Did you did contact the branch prior to returning the vehicle?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: Sixt Plat, Hhonors
Got this problem even in Germany. And I do have right now :-(

When I say Full insurrance for me, that means Loss Waiver Damage with Excess 0 Euros without the others options.
Unfortunatly, front officer told me, once contract is done, nothing can be changed.
I know, in the past, already happened and they could change it.
Really depends on Front office manager, it's a bit sad :-/
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Rented from SX in CDG T1 last week. Smallest category ECMR. Agent is very friendly, does the usual spiel (which must be taught at SX agent training):
- are you sure you want such a small car (yes)
- do you want better insurance (no, thank you I can live with 750€ plus my CC's coverage)
- do you want to prepay fuel (no!)
Of course no upgrade of any kind. Then in the end she asks 'is this the first time you are renting with Sixt?' (um, no, I rent 3-5 times a month and have platinium status). 'ah, wait, OK I see your profile now, yes, all OK'. It seems it was more to complete the contract with required details.

In the garage I notice the fuel gauge only showed 7/8 full. So the hunt for a Sixt rep started. When I found one he could only speak french but understood my problem. All he could do is put a note on my contract about it.

When I returned the car to Sixt on the outskirts of Paris, I filled up at the closest gas station and noticed the fuel gauge was defective because even though the tank was full it still showed 7/8. Pointed out that, the fuel bill and the note on the contract to the agent while returning and she said she had understood and would close the contract accordingly. Well, the invoice showed a refuelling of 6 liters and associated charges (about 27€ total).

Interestingly Sixt customer service in Germany resolved the fuel charges within minutes after I send them a note with the scan of the fuel receipt and the note on my contract. With Hertz I would have been told to pound sand.

One more thing to beware of with Sixt in CDG T1: they charge 26-38€/rental facility charge for picking up at airports, irregardless of the length of rental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.