Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt now open at SJC!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi.
If you would like to private message me your Sixt reservation details I would be more than happy to assist you with your booking.

Best Regards

Pete - Customer Services Team
Is it still possible to request an X5 for an SJC booking?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, Eurobonus Diamond
Originally Posted by Serhiy Sambros
Is it still possible to request an X5 for an SJC booking?
I was just here today to pick up my X5 and saw that they had a 1 or 2 on the lot but mostly brand new MB GLE 350's and some GL450's.

Great location and what awesome customer service. Will continue to rent here going forward.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, Eurobonus Diamond
Just brought my X5 back and the lot was stocked with cars. Some brand new GLE's as mentioned earlier but also some new A6's and C300's on the lot. One Mercedes SL was parked out front too.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:30 pm

I can highly recommend this location. Due to the SFO location closing I picked up a 7-seater from SJC (GL 450). I drove in from SF and it was absolutely worth it. Excellent fleet, friendly and competent staff. Huge call out to Marlene and team. Very professional. Thanks again!
Old Nov 6, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Spotted new Genesis here on Sixt App as a PCAR.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:54 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
I snagged a A5 when I was there in December..
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:13 am

Booked a CCAR here. They were going to give me a VW Beetle, but I pointed out that I was a Platinum member and I should get a two-class upgrade.

They asked to see the credit card in my profile, but I didn't bring it with me, nor did i bring my sixt card so I was turned down. I wish their systems would recognize the renters status regardless of payment method or lack of carrying around a dumb piece of plastic.

Oh well. In the end, they upgraded me to a PCAR (Volvo S60) because the Beetle "needed an oil change".

I guess i did pretty well. But I wish they gave me an Audi, Benz, or a BMW!
Old May 31, 2016, 6:04 am

I am renting for the first time with Sixt this coming Thursday. I have an LCAR booked - anyone have insights on upgrades at this location. Hoping to get into an XCAR or LTAR without shelling out too much more $.

Last edited by Anthony Little; May 31, 2016 at 6:39 am
Old Jun 22, 2016, 11:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy - Ambassador; AS - MVP Gold
Renting an XFAR from Sixt SJC in a couple days. Hoping to land an Escalade. Has anyone seen the escalades at this location? Nicely equipped?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum
How times have changed... As the OP of this thread my initial interactions with Sixt SJC were great. Fast forward to last week....

I booked an XCAR (BMW 5-series) and am a Diamond member.

I showed up and went to the desk where I gave them my info. The girl behind the desks says they have a Cadillac XTS for me. I told her I don't want a Cadillac and politely asked about the Diamond member guaranteed 1-class upgrade and asked her what other car options there were. She said a Volvo S80 or a Cadillac CTS. I then commented that those cars are below the category I booked.

I then asked if they even have a BWM 5-series. She said they do but it is reserved for somebody else. Huh? I then ask if they have any other cars at or above the level I booked and she said yes, but they are reserved for other people.

I then asked if I take the Cadillac would she charge me a class lower than I booked due to the guaranteed upgrade (which other Sixt locations have done), and I had no intention of paying $120/day for a Cadillac. Her response was, "Do you want a car class lower than you booked?".

I finally just told her to give me my license back and cancel my reservation. What a disappointment and poor treatment of their most loyal members.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by whimike
How times have changed... As the OP of this thread my initial interactions with Sixt SJC were great. Fast forward to last week....

I showed up and went to the desk where I gave them my info. The girl behind the desks says they have a Cadillac XTS for me. I told her I don't want a Cadillac and politely asked about the Diamond member guaranteed 1-class upgrade and asked her what other car options there were. She said a Volvo S80 or a Cadillac CTS. I then commented that those cars are below the category I booked.

I then asked if they even have a BWM 5-series. She said they do but it is reserved for somebody else. Huh? I then ask if they have any other cars at or above the level I booked and she said yes, but they are reserved for other people.

I then asked if I take the Cadillac would she charge me a class lower than I booked due to the guaranteed upgrade (which other Sixt locations have done), and I had no intention of paying $120/day for a Cadillac. Her response was, "Do you want a car class lower than you booked?".

I finally just told her to give me my license back and cancel my reservation. What a disappointment and poor treatment of their most loyal members.
If that was the new Volvo S80, it certainly is in the same class as a 5 series and is an equal car. Like the XC90, it's going to quickly be recognized as class leading.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by whimike

I really wish there was someone who could spell out for me how this is not plain bait and switch. The frequency with which inventory is unavailable with Sixt in the US is astounding.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by conquistador74
If that was the new Volvo S80, it certainly is in the same class as a 5 series and is an equal car. Like the XC90, it's going to quickly be recognized as class leading.
Sorry, but an S80 is classified a LCAR together with C-Class, 3-series and A4. While in size it is equally big than 5-series, it can be had much cheaper than a XCAR which whimike booked. I do agree that it is a good car and found mine actually pretty good versus those bare bones C-Class or 3-series I saw. All those answers of pretty much not caring much about a Diamond member is not good at all. I would give the station manager an ear full about such an employee that seem excellent at antagonizing Sixt's top tier level members, but has little to show when it comes to serving customers and offering a workable solution / compromise.

I never used SJC station, but at PHX, LAS, LAX and SFO I had to deal with Sixt employees that were utter rubbish with loads of "I don't give a sh*t, so you want a car or not" attitude, some were indifferent at best and seemed like rather not wanting to do the job, some were only interested in cheeky upsells that were borderline cheats (e.g trying to switch me to a cheaper P category car (a crappy GLA) vs. an L category reservation and having the audacity to ask 30$ a day extra, but also some rare gems that would go the extra step and set things right were stuff had been screwed up by other stations.

As Platinum, no one even gave thing about it and it was never mentioned nor recognized even when one gives the card. In Germany they are pretty good (not as good as years ago, bit still at the top) and in the US they got the best cars by far for the money (Silvercar the only one close), but staff and service at stations can be a major let down with some bright moments at times. YMMV

Last edited by demue; Aug 7, 2016 at 7:46 am
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Any recent reports? Have a XCAR and LFAR booked. Want to see what they got available.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:54 pm

Has anyone booked here recently? I fly into SJC next week and have an XCAR booked. Not sure what to expect as my rentals at this location have ranged from well optioned (X5) to bare bones (GLC).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.