Sixt at FLL

Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Sixt at FLL

Has anyone here used Sixt at FLL or MCO, and does anyone know what is actually in the fleet? I see rates there range from good to fantastic, and I am very curious as to what is actually in the PCAR, LCAR, PTAR, and XTAR groups - I would not want to book a E cabrio or similar and get a Sebring or an E/5er and get a Lucerne etc . I tried calling the branch, no answer. If anyone has any observations, I would be grateful, thanks.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver, A3 Gold, EK Gold, HH Gold, Sixt Dmd
I've used Sixt in MIA (not FLL but close). We sprung for the cheapest car and were offered an upgrade as a top-level elite, Hyundai Genesis or Mercedes C-Class. We took the Mercedes, sweet ride!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I rented at MCO last month and was very unhappy. I have posted this elsewhere, but in short I had over an hour wait for the shuttle bus (and called Miami twice to get them to contact the MCO office to send it) and was informed in MCO that Platinum members are not given upgrades in the US -- they tried to sell me on taking a larger car.

I will be renting again from Sixt in Europe but not in the States.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver, A3 Gold, EK Gold, HH Gold, Sixt Dmd
Originally Posted by Dovster
I rented at MCO last month and was very unhappy. I have posted this elsewhere, but in short I had over an hour wait for the shuttle bus (and called Miami twice to get them to contact the MCO office to send it) and was informed in MCO that Platinum members are not given upgrades in the US -- they tried to sell me on taking a larger car.

I will be renting again from Sixt in Europe but not in the States.
Maybe true in Orlando, but I definitely got an upgrade in Miami. The agent at MCO using a blanket statement for the entire US was false. The agent was probably trying to get a commission for upselling, which happens..
Old Mar 17, 2012, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by somethinpositiv
Maybe true in Orlando, but I definitely got an upgrade in Miami. The agent at MCO using a blanket statement for the entire US was false. The agent was probably trying to get a commission for upselling, which happens..
You are unquestionably right -- especially when you realize that Orlando falls under Miami's authority.

That said, if Sixt-USA doesn't have better control of its agents and stations than what I experienced in MCO, I would rather not deal with it.

When I compare it to the truly excellent service I received in DUS (both at the airport and its Hilton office) and in FRA, it is hard to believe that it is the same company.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. I finally reached someone, and they confirmed they have E/5er and E cabrio in the fleet. Site also lists 6er cabrio as XTAR, but I have my doubts that pricey thing exists in the US fleet.

Next time I am in FLL/MIA, I am going to try them - have liked the company since my first two rentals with them in Germany, both of which were nice upgrades (IDAR to PDAR and LDAR to XDAR).

Originally Posted by somethinpositiv
I've used Sixt in MIA (not FLL but close). We sprung for the cheapest car and were offered an upgrade as a top-level elite, Hyundai Genesis or Mercedes C-Class. We took the Mercedes, sweet ride!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:02 am

You are unquestionably right -- especially when you realize that Orlando falls under Miami's authority.

That said, if Sixt-USA doesn't have better control of its agents and stations than what I experienced in MCO, I would rather not deal with it.

When I compare it to the truly excellent service I received in DUS (both at the airport and its Hilton office) and in FRA, it is hard to believe that it is the same company.
I am not really getting the point here. Sixt platinum is one class upgrade on availability. there was no availability, so you didnt get an upgrade. whats the big deal?

probably, if you would rent more in Germany, you would notice, that the platinum status is worth absolutely zero. besides FRA and DUS are not really known for having the best service in Germany...
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by sixtisbest
I am not really getting the point here. Sixt platinum is one class upgrade on availability. there was no availability, so you didnt get an upgrade. whats the big deal?

probably, if you would rent more in Germany, you would notice, that the platinum status is worth absolutely zero. besides FRA and DUS are not really known for having the best service in Germany...
1. There was availability -- they tried to sell me the upgrade. They told me that Platinums are not given upgrades in the US (and as somethinpositiv showed, that was not true).

2. If DUS and FRA are not known for the best service in Germany then I am really looking forward to what is offered in other cities. This is especially true of DUS. I was there in December, had (originally) a one day rental with a drop off in FRA because parking during my four night stay in the Hilton was too expensive, and when DUS learned of this offered to give me a pass to park there for free.

I had two large suitcases with me and one had to go on the back seat. As Sixt has an office in the Hilton, I asked how much it would cost me to switch to a larger car with more trunk space and was upgraded to a mini-SUV at no charge.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:01 am

1. There was availability -- they tried to sell me the upgrade. They told me that Platinums are not given upgrades in the US (and as somethinpositiv showed, that was not true).

2. If DUS and FRA are not known for the best service in Germany then I am really looking forward to what is offered in other cities. This is especially true of DUS. I was there in December, had (originally) a one day rental with a drop off in FRA because parking during my four night stay in the Hilton was too expensive, and when DUS learned of this offered to give me a pass to park there for free.

I had two large suitcases with me and one had to go on the back seat. As Sixt has an office in the Hilton, I asked how much it would cost me to switch to a larger car with more trunk space and was upgraded to a mini-SUV at no charge.
1. nothing to with upgrade depending on availability
2.1 doesnt cost sixt anything to provide you there with parking.
2.2 maybe they could use you first car much better than the mini-suv which usually nobody wants to have in germany.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Just to follow up on my thread - I recently completed a 9 day LCAR rental from FLL. Received a nice MB E350 at a fantastic rate. Sadly, the car developed a hiccup when I was all the way up in Jacksonville, and I had to take it back to Orlando for exchange - but received another nice E350 (and they had several other similar highlines on the lot) and hope to receive something for the hassle - I will rent from Sixt in FL again, even with the small glitch the price paid and car selection was excellent.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 1:48 pm

I reserved the cheapest car available and was given a Hyundai Sonata. XM worked ,too!
Old Jul 13, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Good:
No wait at pickup.
Honored my Sixt status without the card present
Base model VW was in good enough working order
Cheap
Cute uniforms

Bad:
Instead of emailed receipt, received a Protokoll.pdf. I had to call back during business hours to get my receipt.
Off airport location had a 15 minute wait for the shuttle bus to take us back to FLL
Customer service is not well trained and does not have a high option of their employer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.