Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International Traveling with Sixt

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2012, 10:01 am
Original Poster

International Traveling with Sixt

We are looking to rent a car from Sixt - Dortmund,Germany for 3 days but we need to go with the car in Netherlands and Belgium too in some days.
Someone know if this is permited and if we will be charged extra?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 6:03 pm

There will be no problem taking the car to those countries, no extra fees. The only restrictions are taking higher line cars to the wild east.

Originally Posted by denilson
We are looking to rent a car from Sixt - Dortmund,Germany for 3 days but we need to go with the car in Netherlands and Belgium too in some days.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by denilson
Hi denilson,

Thanks for posting.

A Cross Border rental into these countries is fine and for both the Netherlands and Belgium there would be no charge. Please check this at the time of booking however as if for example your pick up location was to change the terms and conditions may differ. If you would like to email me the details of when you wish to hire and what vehicle group and I can confirm a price and what is included in terms of cross border travel. My email is [email protected].

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Gemma
Old Jun 24, 2012, 8:17 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Which Eastern European country are prohibited? Specifically, is Hungary and Slovakia allowed?
Old Jun 24, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by Gemma Abdrabou
Hi denilson,

Thanks for posting.

A Cross Border rental into these countries is fine and for both the Netherlands and Belgium there would be no charge. Please check this at the time of booking however as if for example your pick up location was to change the terms and conditions may differ. If you would like to email me the details of when you wish to hire and what vehicle group and I can confirm a price and what is included in terms of cross border travel. My email is [email protected].

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Gemma

Gemma:
What are the Sixt policies for renting a car in Dublin, Ireland and talking it to Northern Ireland for a day?
Alex_I
Old Jul 12, 2012, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Which Eastern European country are prohibited? Specifically, is Hungary and Slovakia allowed?
It is allowed, but you should mention it at booking and especially again when you get your car. You won't get certain brands, but otherwise it's fine.

The rental conditions state that you are not allowed to drive Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes, Porsche, VW into: Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, Czeck Republic.

(If they do give you one of the "not allowed" vehicles you should check that you get either a separate permission or that it is mentioned on your contract.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.