Sixt in Naples (NAP) and Rome (FCO)

Old May 27, 2012, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Sixt in Naples (NAP) and Rome (FCO)

Hi All,

I have traveled extensively in Italy and have usually rented from Avis. However, as I am now a Sixt Diamond member i thought i would give Sixt a try in the hopes of a decent upgrade to a nicer vehicle.

Here is the question:

In August i will be flying from FLR to NAP on a Monday to spend a few days in Positano and ten drive to Rome where I will stay through Sunday before flying back to the US.

1. Does anyone have any thoughts on the experience or car availability at the Naples Sixt location? The Sixt website is telling me i can do a pickup at Naples Airport but rather need to use Naples Tangenziale (looks like 15min down the street). Is this standard?

2. Would it be worth returning the Naples car to Rome upon my arrival and getting a separate rental for Rome (eg NAP-FCO; FCO-FCO) in terms of getting an upgrade to a great car?

Thanks for any thoughts.
Old May 29, 2012, 5:59 am

general experience to my knowledge is, that Sixt italy is completely Franchise and any Sixt status is not honored.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.