Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt pricing varying by browser

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2010, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Sixt pricing varying by browser

[newly minted] Sixt gold, was booking CRL for a 24hr booking 9/23-9/24 and there was a $10 USD difference (cheaper) with Firefox vs Internet Explorer. I thought it was just me, so I tired w/ a UA discount code, etc. Curious if I was just really tired but would be curious if others had this same occurrence.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 1:54 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Hello,

Please could you send details of the booking you made to gary.coughlan[at]sixt.com and mention the reservation number. I would like to investigate why the prices are different as this is not a problem that I have encountered before.

We will replicate the booking through the different browsers and check the results.

I will report back on this thread.

Thanks in advance of your help.

Gary
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Pricing sent earlier this morning... just linking my email to this thread.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 3:22 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Please review the below information from David in our U.K Internet Team:

"I've requested a quote for the same branch, dates, times and vehicle group in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome and all three gave me the same quote.

I'd suggest that possibly the difference could be down to one of the following causes;

- The customer was logged in with an express card in one browser but not the other
- The yield settings changed between the customer checking in a different browser but the original price was maintained in the original browsers cache memory resulting in the 'old' price still being shown
- The customer selected slightly different dates or times between the two browsers
- A/B testing may have resulted in the user being shown a Prepaid price as default in one browser and a Flexi tariff price in the other browser

Any of these reasons may have been the cause of the problem, but as this is a stand alone case I think we can narrow it down to an issue on the users local machine."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.