Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Sixt Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sixtisbest
Matthew, you cannot book CDAR or CLAR in Germany. only from websites outside of Germany. therefore the answer to the question, what happens if you book automatic as a request with CDMR or CLMR, is: you may get an automatic, you may not.
and the option, if it doesnt have automatic is: go home without a car.

deutsche bahn should also have prepaid...
Yeah - this is more what I was getting at.
But seriously? What if the person hiring the car only had a licence for autos? (not me, but hypothetically)

Also, CDMR - the descriptor is really unspecific, a Mini, Pug 308 and a Ford B-Max are very different sizes of car. And I haven't seen any of them at the Munich Schwabing branch. Closest I saw was a 308SW, but that's in a different category.

Thanks ^
Old Jan 3, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: LH:SEN++ 2012, FB Plat,AMX:PLA/CRB, *WOOD:PLA,Sixt:Diamond , LuckyStrike:Red, others
Originally Posted by Syme

On sixt.de it lists Deutsche Bahn as a partner, and says BahnCard holders can use a specific discount code. How can I use this? Is it combinable with pre-paid tariff?....
There's also a sixt microsite available through:
http://www.bahn.de/i/view/GBR/en/vac...ars/sixt.shtml
Old Jan 4, 2013, 2:02 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Hi Syme, I have checked for you and the automatic vehicles in the CDAR category are currently Peugeot 307 and Ford Focus at this location. When booking online there is a tick box to request an automatic, e.g. when choosing a CDMR, CLMR, etc. As we have a large fleet in Munich I can advise that on most occasions we will meet the request. Alternatively you can reserve over the phone where rates for available autos at this location can be reserved and not on request for that extra peace of mind.

I hope this helps, Matthew

Yeah - this is more what I was getting at.
But seriously? What if the person hiring the car only had a licence for autos? (not me, but hypothetically)

Also, CDMR - the descriptor is really unspecific, a Mini, Pug 308 and a Ford B-Max are very different sizes of car. And I haven't seen any of them at the Munich Schwabing branch. Closest I saw was a 308SW, but that's in a different category.

Thanks ^
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by MatthewHorsfield
Hi Syme, I have checked for you and the automatic vehicles in the CDAR category are currently Peugeot 307 and Ford Focus at this location. When booking online there is a tick box to request an automatic, e.g. when choosing a CDMR, CLMR, etc. As we have a large fleet in Munich I can advise that on most occasions we will meet the request. Alternatively you can reserve over the phone where rates for available autos at this location can be reserved and not on request for that extra peace of mind.

I hope this helps, Matthew
Thanks Matthew, helpful as always ^

One last (I promise!) question. Additional drivers and young drivers - is the young driver surcharge payable per driver or per rental? And is it possible to have multiple drivers if under 25?

Last edited by Syme; Jan 5, 2013 at 6:47 am
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:19 am

Hi Syme,

The young driver surcharge applies to each individual driver listed under the age of 23 from this location.

Yes it is possible to have multiple drivers on the rental under the age of 25. Just keep an eye out as the vehicle categories available for under 25's does vary.

Regards, Matthew

Thanks Matthew, helpful as always ^

One last (I promise!) question. Additional drivers and young drivers - is the young driver surcharge payable per driver or per rental? And is it possible to have multiple drivers if under 25?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: UA, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond, Carlson Gold, Accor Platinum,
As per Sixt policy do spouses need to be listed as additional drivers ? Are they automatically eligible to drive without paying any additional fee ? Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2013, 3:49 am

they count as any other person.
therefore they have to pay (if the contract requires that)
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:27 am

Hi Deemkaa,

The answer from sixtisbest is correct.

I would like to make you aware sometimes the reserved rate includes an additional driver so look into this when making a reservation.

Matthew

Originally Posted by deemkaa
As per Sixt policy do spouses need to be listed as additional drivers ? Are they automatically eligible to drive without paying any additional fee ? Thanks
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:29 am

Hello

I just want to know which type of sixt offers at miami airport in premium or luxury , which would be the differences between lcar and xcar in "real life" this next week , also i would like to hear any experience with http://www.tripwheels.com/floridacarhire because i found a pretty good deal with luxury car with sixt from 17 to 24 January

Thank you

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 13, 2013 at 10:37 am Reason: translate message from ALLCAPS to lower case
Old Jan 13, 2013, 2:57 pm

c vs. e class.

but this is written on the homepage...
Old Jan 14, 2013, 1:12 am

Programs: CX MPC
Frequent Flyer Status Match

Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan

For others reading this, I can also offer to match your status with your airline even when no formal partnership exists between Sixt and your airline. This will allow benefits such as discounted rates and free upgrades dependant on status.
Gary,

Does the status apply to us elite members of Cathay Pacific's Marco Polo Club as well? I can't find anything on your Web site about it?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
Question for you... (I also PM'd Gary, but haven't heard from him yet)

Sixt Diamond:

* Free double upgrade over two car groups (upon availability).
* Fast Lane for privileged and fast service at all airports.
* 40% discount on all discountable rates or the Sixt corporate rate.
* 25% discount on Holiday Cars* when booked direct.
* 20% discount on Sixt limousine service in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, 10% discount in other countries
* 10% discount on private jet charter
* Free delivery of your Sixt car within city boundaries when renting a high-end car for two days or longer.
* Mobility guarantee: Forgot your reservation? No problem: You will always get a rental car from Sixt!

I'm looking for a rental in Paris in July. Without logging in as Diamond, the rate I'm quoted for FDMR is: US $53.28 per day for a total of $213.11 (This is for 4 days). If I do the math right, after I log in as Diamond, my rate should come down to $31.97 per day ($53.24 multiplied by .40 and subtracting). However the rate I'm being quoted after my login is at $44.27 per day for a total of $177.06. That's definitely not 40% off. That equates to about 17% off.

Am I doing something wrong here?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:03 pm

no

you are quoting 3year old rules for Diamonds
the current ones are:
- up to 20% discount
- one upgrade guaranteed, 2 upgrades upon availability

please be aware that it says UP TO 20% and not 20%
this is very very important, because in germany you will never get 20% as a diamond on the internet rates... but this is an old problem

so probably similar in France. it is more 15-17%
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
Originally Posted by sixtisbest
no

you are quoting 3year old rules for Diamonds
the current ones are:
- up to 20% discount
- one upgrade guaranteed, 2 upgrades upon availability

please be aware that it says UP TO 20% and not 20%
this is very very important, because in germany you will never get 20% as a diamond on the internet rates... but this is an old problem

so probably similar in France. it is more 15-17%
That explains it! Thank you SO Much for the clarification I can finally go ahead with my booking! hehe...
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:05 am

Quick question - I have two upcoming hires from a branch in Munich, but we will be taking the cars through Austria and Italy. On the booking form it asks if you will be going abroad - is this to allow Sixt to prepare the cars with the legally required bits and pieces (Hi-viz jacket etc), must I provide these things myself?

Also, is it possible to have a note put in the booking to make it more likely I get a diesel? I realise it can't be guaranteed of course, the diesel preference thing on sixt.de has so far been 50-50. We'll be covering quite a distance, so it would be great to get a diesel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.