Sixt - Any Questions?

Subscribe
Hi Gary,

we are planning to rent a car in August / September from your EDI location.

You are offering a VW Jetta Estate Automatic (IWAR) there. Could you please let me know if this is a Golf Estate or what type of car as I am not aware that a Jetta Estate exists (neither does volkswagen.co.uk).

Please also let me know to what kind of car a possible Platinum upgrade would be.

And I also need advice on booking two child seats. One would be for a one-year-old (probably 10-12 kg by then) and the other one for a four-year-old (no idea about the weight then - perhaps 20 kg). Do you still offer real child seats for the larger ones or only a booster seat?

And the last question: would it be a problem to take the car on the island ferries?

Thanks very much
Great thread! Gary is definitely an asset to the forum. Just booked my first ever Sixt rental in Iceland.. hoping for close to the level of service that Gary provides to the forum.

Ron.
Quote: Hi Gary,

You are offering a VW Jetta Estate Automatic (IWAR) there. Could you please let me know if this is a Golf Estate or what type of car as I am not aware that a Jetta Estate exists (neither does volkswagen.co.uk).

Please also let me know to what kind of car a possible Platinum upgrade would be.

And I also need advice on booking two child seats. One would be for a one-year-old (probably 10-12 kg by then) and the other one for a four-year-old (no idea about the weight then - perhaps 20 kg). Do you still offer real child seats for the larger ones or only a booster seat?

And the last question: would it be a problem to take the car on the island ferries?

Thanks very much
Just checking in.... I will contact you on Tuesday. It would probably be easier to answer you directly by e-mail. Please forward a brief e-mail to [email protected] Please also mention your Platinum Card number if you have it to hand, no worries if not.

Best regards
Quote: Great thread! Gary is definitely an asset to the forum. Just booked my first ever Sixt rental in Iceland.. hoping for close to the level of service that Gary provides to the forum.

Ron.
Enjoy your trip and thanks
Quote: Just checking in.... I will contact you on Tuesday. It would probably be easier to answer you directly by e-mail. Please forward a brief e-mail to [email protected] Please also mention your Platinum Card number if you have it to hand, no worries if not.

Best regards
Just sent you an email. Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks!
Hi Gary,
I'm a German Sixt Diamond, is there any change to get a good upgrade in the US? Is SIXT in the US ? I need a car in LAX, SFO und MIA.

Regards
Dabrain
Re: Monthy
Hi Gary,

Thanks for your mail address. I sent you an email with more details yesterday evening.
Looking forward to hearing from you

Regards,
Monthy

Thanks for your mail address. I sent you an email with more details yesterday evening.
Looking forward to hearing from you

Regards,
Monthy
No probs, just sent a quick confirmation back to you.

Thanks very much
My colleague Claire replied by e-mail with the below information.

The IWAR category vehicle is a Peugeot 407 automatic estate or similar. This is one category larger than the VW Golf estate. As you are a Sixt Platinum card holder if you were to book the IWAR the upgrade received (subject to availability) would be to the SWAR being a VW Passatt automatic estate/Ford Mondeo automatic estate or similar.

In reply to the question regarding the child seats we are able to offer seats for both children on request at an additional fee of Ł** per seat for the whole rental period. The child seats we offer hold a maximum weight of 18KG and then the next size seat from that offered would be a booster seat.

You are able to take the vehicle on the island ferries. The only restrictions and additional costs would be if you were to take the vehicle outside of the UK.

Best regards
Gary
Quote: I will check with my colleagues in Germany in order to provide a more detailed answer.

I'll be honest in that I don't have too much involvement in the Fleet side but I do get to hear about the new vehicles coming on Fleet. I am genuinely excited about the cars that we have already or that are currently in the pipeline, it is great for me to be working for a company that continues to invest in it's product and ultimately is associated with having the best quality and the best cars.
Thanks Gary

I have already decided to rent from Sixt, and obviously I will keen an eye on the available vehicles as the year progresses. No need to spend a lot of time on this.

One other quick question concerning the discount provided for advance payment - is this discount proportional to the duration of the pre-payment?

If not, at what point in time does the advance payment cease to be available?

Thanks again

Paul
Quote: Thanks Gary

I have already decided to rent from Sixt, and obviously I will keen an eye on the available vehicles as the year progresses. No need to spend a lot of time on this.

One other quick question concerning the discount provided for advance payment - is this discount proportional to the duration of the pre-payment?

If not, at what point in time does the advance payment cease to be available?

Thanks again

Paul
The pre paid option should be available if the booking is placed 24 hours in advance of the desired rental start.

If you book further in advance a larger discount can be achieved on the available price.

The discount achieved at time of booking is the same percentage discount irrespective of the number of days.

Best regards
Gary
Sixt in South Africa
Hi Gary,

Do you know the deal with Sixt/First partnership in South Africa? I rented a car at JNB (Joburg airport) in November and they refused to acknowledge my Platinum status at the First Club (preferred) desk as well as dismissing an upgrade possibility.

I am traveling to JNB again next week and would like to know if Sixt/First in SA should honour Sixt Platinum status.

Many thanx

Do you know the deal with Sixt/First partnership in South Africa? I rented a car at JNB (Joburg airport) in November and they refused to acknowledge my Platinum status at the First Club (preferred) desk as well as dismissing an upgrade possibility.

I am traveling to JNB again next week and would like to know if Sixt/First in SA should honour Sixt Platinum status.

Many thanx
Hi,

Would you mind forwarding your reservation number to [email protected]

Best regards
Gary
I'm a German Sixt Diamond, is there any change to get a good upgrade in the US? Is SIXT in the US ? I need a car in LAX, SFO und MIA.

Regards
Dabrain
Hi,

Sixt is not yet in the U.S

I can arrange a booking for you so that you obtain the Diamond discount. We use a Partner in the U.S so I am not able to guarantee the upgrade but I'll be happy to e-mail the branch for you to improve your chances.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

Best regards
Gary
Hi Gary!

What would be the typical credit card authorization hold / deposit when picking up a prepaid rental?
For post-paid reservations T&C mention up to 3x of the estimated rental charges; however, I've only seen 2x in Germany and Switzerland.

Thanks!
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  16  56  106