Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2012, 3:21 am

rather upgraded.
quite rare to have a car below CPMR which is automatic.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:08 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Can anyone tell me if Sixt offers any special pricing for inter-Europe one-ways, similar to the Hertz transfer desk program (which waives the fee for one-way because you are repatriating a car for the company)? Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 3:02 am

no

but you can call all airport stations to ask them if they have something which has to go back. but actually you cannot call them directly. so quite difficult.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 6:36 am
Company Representative - Sixt
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by dwbf11
Can anyone tell me if Sixt offers any special pricing for inter-Europe one-ways, similar to the Hertz transfer desk program (which waives the fee for one-way because you are repatriating a car for the company)? Thanks!
Please let me know what locations and dates you have in mind, I will put you in touch.

Gary - Customer Service Team
Old Oct 16, 2012, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Builds
Thank you!
So that means if there isn't a car in the CPMR group it will be downgraded to a lower category where there is an automatic available?

Thank you again!
What it means is that if you want to drive an Auto guaranteed then you must book the Auto group. However we have a large Auto fleet in the compact group so we can normally accommodate you within the same group. Your rental is pre paid if you take a vehicle that is smaller but an Auto then if the rental is cheaper we do not make a refund of the difference. However, it is normally the case that the Autos will be more expensive.

I hope this helps.

Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
Please let me know what locations and dates you have in mind, I will put you in touch.

Gary: Thanks for your prompt response. I have not made the reservation yet, but it will be for pickup in Berlin, Germany (Europa Center) on Monday, November 5 (2 PM) with a (desired) return in Zurich, Switzerland on Friday, November 9 (2 PM). I was waiting for confirmation from you to see if there was any way to eliminate the large drop fee. If there is no way to waive the drop fee for a Zurich return, we are planning on returning in Konstanz, Germany at the same date and time to avoid the fee.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Gary: Thanks for your prompt response. I have not made the reservation yet, but it will be for pickup in Berlin, Germany (Europa Center) on Monday, November 5 (2 PM) with a (desired) return in Zurich, Switzerland on Friday, November 9 (2 PM). I was waiting for confirmation from you to see if there was any way to eliminate the large drop fee. If there is no way to waive the drop fee for a Zurich return, we are planning on returning in Konstanz, Germany at the same date and time to avoid the fee.
I guess it will be difficult to know this far in advance, however I have just contacted the Branch Manager for her best opinion. I will post when I receive the reply. Give me a nudge in a day or two if haven't

Old Oct 17, 2012, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately the Swiss vehicle can't be rented out abroad due to tariff regulation, it could cause a problem with customs.

Sorry not to have better news.

Old Oct 17, 2012, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
Unfortunately the Swiss vehicle can't be rented out abroad due to tariff regulation, it could cause a problem with customs.

Sorry not to have better news.

Gary, thanks for looking into that. Can I PM/email you my reservation details a few days before pickup to maximize my chances of getting a desired vehicle?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Gary, thanks for looking into that. Can I PM/email you my reservation details a few days before pickup to maximize my chances of getting a desired vehicle?
Sure ^
Old Oct 19, 2012, 3:10 am

Just registered to post in this thread. Rather short on time otherwise I'd do the usual forum thing of introducing myself and having a browse through the site, but given this appears to be the best and most responsive thread about Sixt on the entire net, thought I'd give my possible issue a go and hope for a response:

Back in May I got a very good deal on a LCAR class vehicle booked at Orlando MCO for 20/10 to 3/11 (ie tomorrow for a fortnight!). The original booking and my confirm (printed email) say that LCAR examples are E-class, 5 series, or Cadillac DTS/STS. I've just had a reminder email through from sixt about online checkin (which I've already done) that now lists LCAR as C-class or 3-series (as does the Sixt US website now). It appears that E-class and 5-series are now a different class. I know you book a category rather than a specific car, but I'm rather worried I'm going to be stuck into a smaller vehicle than the one I booked. It's a family of 4 with a fair bit of luggage, and I definitely booked for the size of vehicle - there is a significant difference between C and E class.

Am I likely to need an argument with them about car allocation? It'll be the last thing I want after a 10 hour flight! Oh, and I prepaid, if that makes a difference (not sure it does).

Thanks for anything anyone can suggest - I know it's very late notice, but I saw the change yesterday and I've been worried not knowing what to do.

I notice there was a question asked about this about 4 pages back, but there was no response at the time.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by rex008
blass. I know you book a category rather than a specific car, but I'm rather worried I'm going to be stuck into a smaller vehicle than the one I booked. It's a family of 4 with a fair bit of luggage, and I definitely booked for the size of vehicle - there is a significant difference between C and E class.

Am I likely to need an argument with them about car allocation? It'll be the last thing I want after a 10 hour flight! Oh, and I prepaid, if that makes a difference (not sure it does).

Thanks for anything anyone can suggest - I know it's very late notice, but I saw the change yesterday and I've been worried not knowing what to do.

I notice there was a question asked about this about 4 pages back, but there was no response at the time.
I asked a similar question on another forum weeks ago and am still waiting for a response. I'd be very interested to hear how you get on with this.

Last edited by Blueboys999; Oct 20, 2012 at 10:18 pm
Old Oct 20, 2012, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Blueboys999
I asked a similar question on another forum weeks ago and am still awaiting for a response. I'd be very interested to hear how you get on with this.
Well, I arrived today and there was no mention of c class. Unfortunately no mention of e class either. Apparently the only thing they could offer me was a GLK SUV which I've no idea of as they don't sell them in the UK I think. And that's not til tomorrow. For today they've given me a sonata and a promise to bring me a swap tomorrow.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by rex008
Well, I arrived today and there was no mention of c class. Unfortunately no mention of e class either. Apparently the only thing they could offer me was a GLK SUV which I've no idea of as they don't sell them in the UK I think. And that's not til tomorrow. For today they've given me a sonata and a promise to bring me a swap tomorrow.
The GLK is a decent vehicle and I think a higher rental grade that the E Class and I doubt you'll be stuck for room with it (think BMW X3). You're not the first person I've come across that hasn't been able to get an E Class at MCO. In fact, I've not been able to find a single renter that has!!

Perhaps Gary could let us know just what the E Class/5 Series fleet actually is in Florida?

Last edited by Blueboys999; Oct 21, 2012 at 2:41 am
Old Oct 21, 2012, 5:14 pm

Back in June, I rented an E from Sixt FLL, the car soon developed a fault (either a sensor or fuel issue, I think), and I exchanged it at MCO. I recall 3 or 4 E sedans there, and I think a couple E cabrios too along with numerous other MB.

I wonder if the amazing prices Sixt was offering on E-class were some kind of promotional idea, to attract customers. Today, the E is now considered an X car instead of an L car, with roughly 100% price increases. Still a bit cheaper than a Hertz E-class last time I checked, but not the screaming bargain it once was. C-class was once in the P category, and it too has been bumped up, to L.

Originally Posted by Blueboys999
The GLK is a decent vehicle and I think a higher rental grade that the E Class and I doubt you'll be stuck for room with it (think BMW X3). You're not the first person I've come across that hasn't been able to get an E Class at MCO. In fact, I've not been able to find a single renter that has!!

Perhaps Gary could let us know just what the E Class/5 Series fleet actually is in Florida?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.