Search

Laundry in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:07 am
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Laundry in Singapore

I've got a longer than normal trip to SIN later this month. In the past, I've had a difficult time finding a Dry Cleaner or affordable way to get my clothes laundered in the main tourists areas of Singapore.

Any help from the board members would be helpful.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 5:23 am

Find the nearest branch of Systematic Laundromat:

http://www.laundrynetwork.com.sg/data/00186110p1.htm

But give it a call first -- despite the name, most outlets do not offer DIY laundromats, and their pricing for full-service/dry-cleaning laundry is no cheaper than the competition. (Still cheaper than hotels, of course.)
Old Dec 23, 2008, 7:44 am

Forgot the name (and I haven't used it in the past year) but there's a small laundry service near the Marriott behind Lucky Plaza. Walk out behind the alley between the hotel and Lucky Plaza and walk up the steps. Turn right and walk about 75 meters. It's across the street. Never had a problem with getting same day (or even 2-3 hour) service.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 9:57 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by i'mlovin'it
Forgot the name (and I haven't used it in the past year) but there's a small laundry service near the Marriott behind Lucky Plaza. Walk out behind the alley between the hotel and Lucky Plaza and walk up the steps. Turn right and walk about 75 meters. It's across the street. Never had a problem with getting same day (or even 2-3 hour) service.
I've used them too - quick and not so expensive service.

info and link to map
Old Dec 24, 2008, 2:32 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
When I've stayed at the IC for longer than a couple of days, I used to call a guy named Victor (can't remember the company, but he used to run the laundry service in the basement of Bugis Junction before they changed management) at 61002363. He used to charge for laundry by the kg. Did pickup and delivery at the hotel. ^
Old Dec 24, 2008, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly

info and link to map
Great place. Looks like they're closed on Saturday, now. That's too bad. It was always convenient if you were spending the weekend in Singapore.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 1:10 am
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Fantastic info. Thanks to all. I'll be there from the 9th of next month and will report back with my experience.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 5:27 am

There's also a few places in Orchard Plaza that do laundry. (Off Orchard Road, near Somerset Road up near the Holiday Inn). Bottom floor is mainly tailors etc, but upstairs has other interesting places. (tailoring etc).
Old Jan 5, 2009, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
Where are you staying? That could make a difference re: suggestions.

I live in SIN now - feel free to PM and we could meet up for a pint.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 6:30 pm

Does anyone have suggestions for laundry near Changi Airport? We will be arriving on Friday and departing Sunday and will have a load of washing to be done....
Old Jun 6, 2009, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by matt will fix it
Does anyone have suggestions for laundry near Changi Airport? We will be arriving on Friday and departing Sunday and will have a load of washing to be done....
Are you planning on hanging around the airport for two days, or are you staying somewhere? There's absolutely no reason to stay "near Changi Airport" when the city is ~20 min away.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by jpatokal
Are you planning on hanging around the airport for two days, or are you staying somewhere? There's absolutely no reason to stay "near Changi Airport" when the city is ~20 min away.
We are staying in the crowne plaza at the airport because our flights arrive late friday, and depart early sunday... basically we have all day saturday to sort out getitng the laundry done, but the place near Mt Elizabeth is closed on the weekend. Are there any other places?

We don't really want to stay in the city... we currently live in singapore but this stay coming up will be a stopover between a holiday in europe and moving to australia... hence we won't have our current laundry facilities
Old Dec 27, 2010, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by work2fly

info and link to map
I was recently in Singapore and in desperate need of a laundromat. This page is highly rated in a google search of "laundromat singapore", so I thought I should sign up and let you all know that this laundromat has closed.

This was confirmed by a nice staff member in the shop shown in the right of the google street view.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 1:36 pm

It seems that there is a laundry service in T2 of Changi airport. Does anyone know if I can use that service before I check in my suitcase? If not, can I clear immigration, do laundry and then go back to check in my suitcase?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by hyderago
It seems that there is a laundry service in T2 of Changi airport. Does anyone know if I can use that service before I check in my suitcase? If not, can I clear immigration, do laundry and then go back to check in my suitcase?
It's in the public area at the basement.
http://www.changiairport.com/shoppin...ematic-laundry

Can't recall seeing it before, but there are some very interesting things at Changi in the basement that you really wonder why they are there! (Normally staff support/staff usage etc etc etc)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.