Reload this Page >

Singapore Hotels Choices

Singapore Hotels Choices

Old Sep 3, 2008, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Singapore Hotels Choices

Hi Everyone,

I am stopping in SIngapore for 2 days on my way from ZRH to BKK. I currently have booked the Singapore Stopover Holiday and am booked into the Trader's Hotel. I can change this booking to any of the following other hotels. Are there any suggestions as to whether one of the others may be better or is Trader's just fine? Please note that I do not want to upgrade to a higher level of hotel within the SSH programme. I'm not particularly fussed by where the hotel is. I don't anticipate that I will be spending all my time running around Orchard Rd shopping but understand that the MRT will probably provide me with easy access to anywhere, from anywhere.

I can choose from:

Amara Hotel
Carlton Hotel
Grand Copthorne Waterfront
Grand Plaza Park Hotel City Hall
Parkroyal on Beach Road
Rendezvous Hotel
Traders or
The York Hotel

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Whilst you shouldn't be too hung up on location, Traders is - IMO - not really good for much at all. The MRT station is a fair schlep away too, so you may end up relying on cabs. They're not expensive but you can find them difficult to come by at times.

Personally I would be tempted to look at something like the Carlton or Park Royal although i've stayed at neither myself.

One other thing (not sure if it's too late) but does the SQ stopover package really offer good value? I know I looked into it once but found I could get a better hotel for less money by shopping around online, then I just grabbed a cab on arrival.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
I would be tempted to look at something like the Carlton or Park Royal although i've stayed at neither myself.
I think you'd be well served by the Carlton. Fine location just around the corner from Raffles and in the center of most anything you'd want to do.

Dave
Old Sep 6, 2008, 2:27 am

I'll second the Carlton, although you may get construction noise from the new wing they're building. (Hard to escape this anywhere in Sing these days though...)

The Rendezvous is also quite central and is the only one of the lot with any character (looks a bit like the Raffles from the outside if you squint hard enough, and Lee Kuan Yew is said to like the 2nd floor restaurant). The Parkroyal on Beach Rd is fairly far from everything, including the MRT.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Thanks for the advice everyone. I've changed to the Carlton Hotel but am still looking out for any great deals. If they come up, I can cancel the SSH for a full refund.

Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.