Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Does Immigration/Custom at Changi open all night?

Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

I am arrving at Changi on SQ later in the night and decided not to go into the city - I will sleep airside. But my connecting flight the next morning to KUL is on Air Asia. I will have to check out and check back in. The flight is at 7am which means I should really check in around 6am at the latest. Does the immigration /customs at Changi closes? Can i just wake up at 5am and expect them to be there? I see a flight arriving at 0525 from ICN on OZ but i just want to make sure.. Don't want to miss my flight/
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by juunbug25
I am arrving at Changi on SQ later in the night and decided not to go into the city - I will sleep airside. But my connecting flight the next morning to KUL is on Air Asia. I will have to check out and check back in. The flight is at 7am which means I should really check in around 6am at the latest. Does the immigration /customs at Changi closes? Can i just wake up at 5am and expect them to be there? I see a flight arriving at 0525 from ICN on OZ but i just want to make sure.. Don't want to miss my flight/
The SIN-KUL leg is usually a very cheap add-on; it's hard to imagine that it's worthwhile to use AirAsia for this - especially considering the hassle of getting to town from the LCCT in KL. Seriously look into changing your plan if that's still an option.

As far as I know there's no airside transfer - and no bag interlining - between the main terminals at Changi and the Budget Terminal, where your AirAsia flight will depart from. This means you have to collect your bags and then go down to the basement to catch the landside shuttle bus.

Arrival immigration is open all night. However, your bags will be spinning around the carousel and then taken away after half an hour. I am not sure if the storage room is open all night. If you have checked bags and an early morning departure, you may not want to mess around with this, and instead just head over to the budget terminal when you arrive. It's not as comfortable as the main terminals but at least you'll be sure to keep your stuff.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
AX does not use the Budget Terminal. Instead it is served from T1.

SIN Immigration is definitely open at 5am in the morning. AX does not interline baggage so you'll have to go airside to check-in for your flight. If you have check-in luggage, it'll be held at the baggage office so dial in 15 minutes extra for this. AX check-in lines somewhat long for the 7am flight-they have no kiosks, web check-in is preferable - you'll still have to show up at a physical counter for validation of your BP but it is a dedicated counter with shorter lines. SIN immigration is pretty efficient; lines are minimal at 6am but you'll walk a ways to get to the AX gates

I've taken the first AX SIN-KUL flight at 7 am before. Nice time to get in into KUL LCCT - little to no lines at arrival immigration - LCCT becomes a zoo later in the day. Exiting customs left, walk some, hop on the first departing bus to KL Sentral. If a weekday, traffic can be an issue going into the city.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by tide
AX does not use the Budget Terminal. Instead it is served from T1.
Sorry about that, you're right. I'd used Tiger in the past and assumed AirAsia was there too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.