Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best bus between KUL and SIN?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2007, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Question Best bus between KUL and SIN?

By best, I mean most luxurious, reliable, pleasant etc. Not the cheapest one.

Thanks.
Old May 14, 2007, 10:13 am
Suspended

http://www.transtar.com.sg/firstclass.php First Class
or
http://airebus.net/features Business Class

"airebus" departure/arrival locations/stations are much better then "transtar" which is a bit dodgy.

Last edited by mario33; May 14, 2007 at 10:18 am
Old May 16, 2007, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Any comments on Aeroline?
Old May 16, 2007, 10:30 am
Suspended

aeroline is quite established and they were the first operator to break the monopoly held by "nice coach" on the luxury bus sector between KUL and SIN. However, none of the coaches has personal video and their coaches are slightly older than "airebus". And when I say "slightly older" I dont mean they are old junks like NYC Chinatown buses; average age of "aeroline" coaches are about 3 years compared to "airebus" which is less than 1 year.

While I wouldnt hesitate to travel on "aeroline" (and I have used them in the past), the most comfortable service are the 2 which I have listed above.
Old May 16, 2007, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Thank you mario33 for the very helpful information.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 3:14 am

Thumbs down Unpleasant experience with Airebus

My family (kids & mum) took Airebus’ Executive coach to KL on 12th Dec and their Business class coach to Singapore three days’ later. It was our first time, there will not be another! Firstly, do NOT believe all that they advertise on their website! The executive coach did NOT come with a video, not even shared!! There was a TV set in the front like other coaches, but it was not switched on as the stewardess said that the picture was ‘jerky’. Service on the Business class coach back was the worst in the world!! Firstly, they did not even provide mineral water to passengers, they provide lunch and dessert, give you only a short time to gorge yourself, then the steward (Mr NANDA) proceeded to close all the curtains and EXPECTED passengers to fall sleep obediently. My mum protested and his reply was, ‘Auntie, tidur diam-diam’ (translation: Auntie, sleep quietly), much to her outrage!! He really treated us like young kids!! This was a business class coach, mind you! Did I also mention that there was a cockroach near the back (where the pantry is) and an irritating housefly that kept landing on my face everytime I tried to sleep? It was disgusting!
Old Mar 2, 2009, 6:55 am

best bus try Singapore Airlines with the A330 Airbus
Old May 1, 2009, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Sarah DDS
By best, I mean most luxurious, reliable, pleasant etc. Not the cheapest one.

Thanks.
Try this company , i like it very much.
http://www.grassland.com.sg/

i have tried its old coach and it is already very good quite new !!!!!
i never tried their new double deck coach which is even better , they have entertaiment for you too !!!
this got to be the best company !!!!

Actually , you can try five star , their new double deck coach is great i went to a fare that day and they were promoting so i went onboard and sit , very comforatble great seat pitch !!

Last edited by sealalula; May 12, 2009 at 1:35 am
Old May 1, 2009, 11:35 pm

Tried a couple of new buses last month, so capsule reviews:

Transtar First Class, about S$49 one way (-10% with Worldcard). Singapore departures from their "First Class Lounge", walking distance from Lavender MRT. Lounge has wifi, drinks and rather comical boarding announcements by the lounge attendants. This is an excellent way to go: it's a double-decker bus with only about 16 seats, all singles, excellent seat pitch, video/music on demand system, plus edible lunch and drinks on board. There's even a "lounge" downstairs! Some buses even have a Wifi system (in Malaysia only); it was quite spotty, but hey, it's free so you can't really complain, and good enough for sending/receiving your mails. One downside: arrives at the Pasar Rakyat terminal, a bit of a hike from Bukit Bintang.

Nice++, about RM90 one way. Convenient departures from KL's old railway station, passing via KL Sentral so you can board there too, and frequent departures (22x/day!). In every other respect, though, Transtar kicks their ...: half the seats are paired (2-1), seat pitch or recline isn't as good, the video system is a joke (not on demand and only 3 movies), the food is a pathetic little snack box.

The KL-Singapore air sector is heating up more and more though, Air Asia is adding flights all the time and Firefly is about to start flights from Changi to Subang (the old terminal, much closer to the city than KLIA), so I think I'll be opting for the plane next time...
Old May 11, 2009, 9:02 am

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Originally Posted by jpatokal

The KL-Singapore air sector is heating up more and more though, Air Asia is adding flights all the time and Firefly is about to start flights from Changi to Subang (the old terminal, much closer to the city than KLIA), so I think I'll be opting for the plane next time...
Yeah. I was looking at which bus to take for a trip in June, but Air Asia has tickets at a price I couldn't pass up - http://www.airasia.com/site/sg/en/pr...erence=gss2009

SG$111.86 = US$76.63 for two tickets SIN-KUL, all-in, including Xpress Boarding exit rows, checked luggage fees and Skybus LCCT to KL. 55 minutes. ^
Old May 11, 2009, 10:51 am
Suspended

Unless you are connecting to another Air Asia flight at the LCCT, I can assure you the luxury coaches are way more comfortable and it brings you from city centre to city centre (or almost).

With some planning, you could select a coach company that drops you off near (or at) the hotel you are staying. With the Air Asia flight, apart from having to check-in at least an hour before departure, you also need to take a bus from LCCT to Sentral (if you are not taking a taxi), and from there a taxi to your hotel.

Its like being able to get to your destination with a direct flight (or bus ride) but opting for flights (and/or buses) with 2 or 3 transits instead. Dont think Air Asia has any Frequent Flyer programme, so the possibility of the poster doing a mileage run is out. It just doesnt make any sense at all ...
Old May 12, 2009, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by mario33
Unless you are connecting to another Air Asia flight at the LCCT, I can assure you the luxury coaches are way more comfortable and it brings you from city centre to city centre (or almost).
But it's still five hours on a bumpy bus, and that's assuming no traffic jams. Also, even via "direct" bus, you still need to get to the bus stations in both Sing and KL, which won't be next to your hotel unless you specifically plan it that way.

By comparison, fly SQ and check-in online, and you can get door to door in two hours if the stars are aligned right. Fly another airline that requires checking in in person 40 min before and miss a train, and you can still manage it in under three.

With some planning, you could select a coach company that drops you off near (or at) the hotel you are staying. With the Air Asia flight, apart from having to check-in at least an hour before departure, you also need to take a bus from LCCT to Sentral (if you are not taking a taxi), and from there a taxi to your hotel.
But if you take any other airline, you can connect to Sentral smoothly with KLIA Ekspres, and if you're smart enough to stay at Hilton/Le Meridien, that's all you need to do.
Old May 12, 2009, 7:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jpatokal
But it's still five hours on a bumpy bus
While the luxury coaches are not quite as smooth as the KLIA Ekpress trains, I would not describe it as "bumpy" since these are relatively new high end buses and the highway is generally well maintained. Cant say the same about the budget buses used for the hour long ride between the LCCT and KL (though I have not been actually brave enough to try them out). And I am quite sure any turbulence on the Air Asia flight will prove to be even more "bumpy" than the luxury coaches.

I am also not comparing the coach option with SQ flight + KLIA Express = Sentral Hotel; but rather AK Flight (uncomfortable seats) + LCCT Annoyance (long walk under the hot weather from aircraft to terminal) + LCCT Bus (looking for the right bus under the hot sun + presumably not so comfortable ride) + City Taxi (which may not be properly regulated if coupon system is not used at bus drop-off locations) = City Hotel.

Also worth mentioning that most coaches depart in or near the CBD in Singapore, so theres also a small saving in taxi fare to Changi.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt Gold, SPG lifetime
Bump:

Landing up at Changi at 2PM and got to get to the Shangri-La Hotel in KL. Would you recommend Jetstar leaving at 1630 or the coach. If so, which one. Thank you in advance. (Am not at all familiar with KL, the traffic and safety late in the night).
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:08 pm

I'd take Jetstar, KLIA Ekpres to city, and then connect to a taxi to the Shang from there. Much faster and more comfortable than the bus, especially if you have luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.