Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medical Tourism In Singapore-Eye Issues

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2007, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Medical Tourism In Singapore-Eye Issues

I am interested in medical tourism in SIN as I go there several times a year and often consult a physican, purchases eye glasses, etc. We of course have had threads on this board in the past regarding this general subject .

In view of the forgoing, I thought it might be of interest to note that SIN has apparently stopped conducting Lasik eye surgery at least on a temporary basis, due to complications a number of patients are reporting.

See http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070314/...KpVVmOgQBa24cA for some details.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 11:04 am

Matthew Holden recently did a Podcast on medical care in Singapore. One interesting factoid: ambulances aren't permitted to run red lights.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by 747LWW
...SIN has apparently stopped conducting Lasik eye surgery at least on a temporary basis...
A bit of a stretch to say "no lasik for you" for the entire SIN. The facility being mentioned is a public healthcare center (albeit a large one) affiliated with the Singapore General Hospital that does lasik. It is closing its main facility (it has another smaller facility it is not closing) for investigations.

The other major public health hospital (The National University Hospital) is still open and so are the rest of the private hospitals/practices that do lasik.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Hi tide:

Thanks for clarifing the press report that I read on the internet. I was just quoting the source as I am in the US and have no first hand knowledge except when I visit wonderful SIN which is reather often.

Cheers

Please see link for published details that I happen upon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.