Reload this Page >

SIN seafood places

SIN seafood places

Old Apr 7, 2005, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
SIN seafood places

I'll be overnighting in SIN very soon, and would like to find a prawny-crabby-lobstery sort of place to take my travelling companion to for a birhday dinner. Jet-lag AND my pocket mean that swanky won't work. "No-name Seafood" has been suggested in the office, any comments on this or advice on somewhere else ?

I'll be back in SIN for a few days on the way back, so can always try out a few other places

Cheers, Ian
Old Apr 7, 2005, 2:49 am

Programs: LH-SEN SQ-PPS
Smile

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'll be overnighting in SIN very soon, and would like to find a prawny-crabby-lobstery sort of place to take my travelling companion to for a birhday dinner. Jet-lag AND my pocket mean that swanky won't work. "No-name Seafood" has been suggested in the office, any comments on this or advice on somewhere else ?

I'll be back in SIN for a few days on the way back, so can always try out a few other places

Cheers, Ian
Try JUMBO Seafood - locations: East Coast Seafood Centre, Boat Quay, Clarke Quay.

Personally prefer the East Coast place.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 3:31 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
"No-name Seafood" has been suggested in the office, any comments on this or advice on somewhere else ?
I guess you mean "No Sign Board" seafood restaurant in Geylang. It is quite good and a place where many of my local friends go. Not fancy though - but that makes it so pleasant for a change.

Last edited by demue; Apr 7, 2005 at 3:33 am
Old Apr 7, 2005, 3:41 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by demue
I guess you mean "No Sign Board" seafood restaurant in Geylang. It is quite good and a place where many of my local friends go. Not fancy though - but that makes it so pleasant for a change.
No Sign Board seafood on Geylan Rd is great. It's not fancy as you sit on plastic chairs, but you can tell by the clientle that it is an extremely popular place.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 3:46 am

As an alternative, if you some to go somewhere posh, the Cliff at the Beaufort (it's a hotel on Sentosa island. The island is accessible by taxi from mainland Singapore) is probably the best 'western' seafood in town. The restn. is also very very pretty!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
My personal favourites for crab are Seafood Paradise, for their creamy butter crab, and Mellben for every other crab style. Not very touristy and/or upmarket and/or have nice ambience for a birthday dinner though ...
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:37 am

Just ate on new years Eve at Chinatown seafood restaurant. Very well priced for chilli crab and very much the size they said it would be, the other food on their menu was great too and beers well priced.
very busy place but thoroughly enjoyed everything.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Husband absolutely loved his chilli mud crab on Mosque Street.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:22 am

You can also try red house seafood. pretty popular with the Japanese crowd.

they have 3 branches; all at central area.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by demue
Originally Posted by csakamoto
No Sign Board seafood on Geylan Rd is great. It's not fancy as you sit on plastic chairs, but you can tell by the clientle that it is an extremely popular place.
Another vote for no sign board seafood. Not cheap though.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:01 pm

When I bring friends around, I like Jumbo Riverwalk near Clarke Quay. It's apparently featured in Korean guidebooks, but the quality is honestly pretty decent. Easy to get to as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.