Wiki Posts
Search

Best beaches near singapore?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
Best beaches near singapore?

My Fiancee and I are going to be in Singapore for 7 days but would like to spend a couple nights on a really gorgeous beach somewhere not too far away. I don't have the first clue about this area and staring at google maps isn't helping.... extra points for being within the 650 mile radius for a BA 4,500 mile reward flight!!
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
For the gorgeous beaches you need to go either to Redang/Perhentian islands or somewhere in Thailand.

In Singapore even sand is imported for 'beaches' in Sentosa and there is nothing really good is in Peninsular Malaysia. You have to fly/go to islands.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by layoverdan
extra points for being within the 650 mile radius for a BA 4,500 mile reward flight!!
As SIN is not an airport heavily served by OW carriers this aspect will be especially challenging. I believe the only OW destinations from SIN that would be viable for 4500 points are KUL and KCH. Neither is a strong beach locale. Fortunately there area ton of LCCs in the area that can whisk you away for a couple nights on the cheap.

Link to my Avios award map site.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Frankly, most LCC ticket prices would probably be less than taxes on your BA award tickets
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
My Fiancee and I are going to be in Singapore for 7 days but would like to spend a couple nights on a really gorgeous beach somewhere not too far away. I don't have the first clue about this area and staring at google maps isn't helping.... extra points for being within the 650 mile radius for a BA 4,500 mile reward flight!!
Take a 45min ferry ride to Bintan. Not brilliant beaches but some good resorts (eg Banyan Tree).
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:08 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Langkawi has some very nice beaches at the 5-star resorts, and easy flight from SIN via KUL and all on MH which is Oneworld. Personally I like to stay at Bon Ton/Temple Tree which has no beach but lots of charm and ideal for a honeymoon. The public beaches are a bit crowded however.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:51 pm

Well, request was for 'couple nights on a really gorgeous beach'. I do not think neither Bintan (where trash is just 100m away after 'official' beach ends) nor Langkawi qualifies.

As it was said - LCC and 1.5-2h flight from Singapore will take care of it.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
There is not really much gorgeous beaches in Singapore, but there are some beach resorts in Desaru, Malaysia which should be accessible by bus from Singapore.

Otherwise Redang in northern Malaysia had a nice beach, or if you prefer off the beaten path, there are great beaches in Bangka/Belitung in Indonesia (via Jakarta).
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: star alliance
Hi, if you're looking to get away from Singapore for a private couples beach retreat, you can look into Nikoi Island. It's a private island resort just about an 1hour ferry ride from Singapore. It's really an escape with only about 30 huts, no aircon, very rustic and the all-inclusive package means you can just sit back with your book and get massages every day.

I've personally been and it was a nice weekend respite away.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by gregyap
Hi, if you're looking to get away from Singapore for a private couples beach retreat, you can look into Nikoi Island.
You forgot to mention price tag, it stars from $800/night, correct?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by invisible
You forgot to mention price tag, it stars from $800/night, correct?
LOL ... innocently forgotten i guess ...
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:21 pm

+1 don't spend it in and around Singapore.
All you see from the beaches are tankers.

If you are willing to spend some money (and you want to earn BA Tier points and Avios, rather than spend), you could travel Cathay Pacific to Bangkok as they fly direct from Singapore. Then you can take a short drive to Pattaya (or Rayong next by) which have some nice beaches.
If you don't care about miles/points, then try one of islands in the Philippines.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
You could fly up to Krabi, Thailand. From there you'd have your pick of beaches and islands. Koh Lanta has some great resorts without being totally overrun like Phuket (and without the nastiness of Pattaya).

IIRC, AirAsia and Scoot fly SIN-KBV nonstop. Plus, Krabi Town has some of the best curries in the country.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: Chase Ink, United Mileage, Amx SPG
Originally Posted by txflyer77
You could fly up to Krabi, Thailand. From there you'd have your pick of beaches and islands. Koh Lanta has some great resorts without being totally overrun like Phuket (and without the nastiness of Pattaya).

IIRC, AirAsia and Scoot fly SIN-KBV nonstop. Plus, Krabi Town has some of the best curries in the country.
Can you elaborate about what you mean by, "overrun like Phuket (and without the nastiness of Pattaya)."?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by FearlessFern
Can you elaborate about what you mean by, "overrun like Phuket (and without the nastiness of Pattaya)."?
Phuket is possibly the most crowded place in Thailand outside Bangkok. It's overbuilt and doesn't have the infrastructure to support the number of tourists who go there each year. Plus, the tuk-tuk mafia.

Pattaya is the sex tourism capitol of Thailand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.